2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Guest mands
23 hours ago, femeredith said:

Anyone know if its normal not to get a your application is in review e-mail if its been over 2 weeks? 😢 I got a we received your check e-mail but thats it 😞

It took me a while too for me! I don't think it was 2 weeks though for me? Maybe more along the lines of 10 days???

1 hour ago, Tiera said:

Hi everyone. I’ve been stalking this page for two days now lol. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. I’m anxiously waiting as well. Good luck to everyone! 

Welcome, Tiera! Many of us are on the same boat! We are in this together. Wish you the best! 😃

Guest mands
1 hour ago, Tiera said:

Hi everyone. I’ve been stalking this page for two days now lol. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. I’m anxiously waiting as well. Good luck to everyone! 

Welcome! Did you interview or still waiting for that interview invite? 

Just messaged my counselor about some stuff regarding my file that was making me nervous (transcripts on CASPA agghh), and rereading that I should know by the end of the month makes me happier! As of tomorrow, we'll be in that later half of the month WOOHOOO!!! Goodnight everyone, and let's do this all over again tomorrow! 

3 hours ago, mands said:

Welcome! Did you interview or still waiting for that interview invite? 

Just messaged my counselor about some stuff regarding my file that was making me nervous (transcripts on CASPA agghh), and rereading that I should know by the end of the month makes me happier! As of tomorrow, we'll be in that later half of the month WOOHOOO!!! Goodnight everyone, and let's do this all over again tomorrow! 

I did both interviews on the July 7th. CASPA can definitely be a pain 😩😩. Are you saying that you’ll know if you’re in the program or not, or interview invite ? 

6 hours ago, Tiera said:

Thanks so much. You all are so supportive!! 

I’m sure you did fabulous! Getting to the interview stage is an accomplishment in of itself! I also completed my interview last Tuesday! Can’t wait to meet everyone tomorrow 🙏🏽🙏🏽 Continuing to pray daily and push the fear/anxiety away! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shouk said:

I’m sure you did fabulous! Getting to the interview stage is an accomplishment in of itself! I also completed my interview last Tuesday! Can’t wait to meet everyone tomorrow 🙏🏽🙏🏽 Continuing to pray daily and push the fear/anxiety away! 

I’m sure you did great as well. Did they give you an estimated time on how long it may take? I was too afraid to ask haha. 

1 hour ago, Tiera said:

I’m sure you did great as well. Did they give you an estimated time on how long it may take? I was too afraid to ask haha. 

I was too afraid to ask as well! But from others posting and things I’ve heard- they will give a response within 2 weeks! 

Guest mands
13 hours ago, Tiera said:

I did both interviews on the July 7th. CASPA can definitely be a pain 😩😩. Are you saying that you’ll know if you’re in the program or not, or interview invite ? 

Nope, I am still waiting for an interview! Had a lot of things delay this process even though I submitted towards the beginning of June 😞 Boo! 

@jnthai2 To be honest, there's not much to look into or study for because it's all ethics questions. However, you can brush up on typing speed because they give you a limited time to type your responses. I type at 91 WPM and there were questions I still couldn't get all my thoughts out on (given I had a lot to say about everything)!!!

So far today, no correspondences! Happy hump day : ) 

4 hours ago, Shouk said:

I was too afraid to ask as well! But from others posting and things I’ve heard- they will give a response within 2 weeks! 

I had my two interviews on last Friday. They told me they were interviewing this week also and then 1-2 weeks to deliberate before deciding so she quoted me 3-4 weeks.

• Like 1

Guest mands
32 minutes ago, Julia1118 said:

Hi everyone! I’ve been stalking this forum for awhile now. Does anyone know if they send out interview invites on Mondays only, or could they be sent out at any time? Good luck everyone!

Oh gosh! Is this a pattern that we have picked up!? I noticed rejects tend to go out towards mid to end of the week??? Kinda random too from what i've gathered. 

48 minutes ago, mands said:

Oh gosh! Is this a pattern that we have picked up!? I noticed rejects tend to go out towards mid to end of the week??? Kinda random too from what i've gathered. 

I don't know if there is specific days but the trend I've noticed from the very limited data set we have so far this cycle is, in order from beginning of week to end of week, invites, acceptance, wait-list, rejection. I'm assuming it would be the easiest to contact everyone with the same message all in one day, it would lessen the chance of a mistake on their part. Of course there isn't much to base that on yet so don't start panicking if you don't hear something by the middle of the week.

21 minutes ago, adc86 said:

Whew! Just finished interview #2! 

For those attending the post interview Zoom tonight, are y'all planning on wearing business attire again? 

I am not using my webcam during it because I'm actually on a vacation but don't want to miss any possible information lol! But the email says webcam is optional! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, adc86 said:

For those attending the post interview Zoom tonight, are y'all planning on wearing business attire again? 

Congrats! And good question, I’m not going to wear business clothes, but I’m not wearing workout clothes either haha, so just a nicer/casual top.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, adc86 said:

For those attending the post interview Zoom, are y'all planning on wearing business attire again? 

I’m at work today so I won’t be in business attire.  I’m a firefighter so I suppose I could put my Class B uniform on.  Do you guys think that’s necessary?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adc86 said:

For those attending the post interview Zoom, are y'all planning on wearing business attire again? 

I was wondering the same thing... I think I am going to wear a nice top, but not wear my suit. Too hot for that in Texas, even in the A/C!

• Like 1

Guest mands

Happy thursday! Have fun at the post-interview zoom !^^^ 

Did anyone else sign up for the online PAEA fair?? I know that if we applied, what's done is done, and we already connected with the admissions, but in terms of looking into things for other programs! Some of the times for other programs overlap so I was wondering if anyone was gonna do it and if we were looking into the same programs we can switch info!