2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

6 hours ago, Aselph said:

I’m at work today so I won’t be in business attire.  I’m a firefighter so I suppose I could put my Class B uniform on.  Do you guys think that’s necessary?

I'm wearing shorts a t-shirt and I'll be having a glass of wine. Most likely my video will be off 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, femeredith said:

Anyone know what the max time of wait is from the time the file is in "review" before we hear back? Like what's the worse case just so I dont keep checking my emails every 5 seconds lol

Hey, the last I heard from an admin counselor was 4-6 weeks. So put your feet up, grab a book, have that wine, and enjoy the time! (As I refresh my email. 😋)

• Like 2

Guest mands
4 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

Hey, the last I heard from an admin counselor was 4-6 weeks. So put your feet up, grab a book, have that wine, and enjoy the time! (As I refresh my email. 😋)

(vomit emoji) we better be in the next round of invites!!!! I'm putting my hope out there that it'll be next week when that email gets sent, seems consistent with this last round's timeframe.... since this last round of interviews is over & I anticipate they will schedule the next bunch soon after!!! 

Hello, I am new to the forum but have enjoyed reading everyone’s posts and support for one another.

I am also anxiously waiting to receive some sort of update. My app went under review June 20 and when I reached out to my admission advisor she stated the review was taking approximately 4-5 weeks. Fingers crossed for all my fellow June 20th peers that we hear something soon.

Best wishes to everyone no matter what stage of the process you may be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tm2020 said:

Can anyone help me and tell me how to see if Yale has my application under review? I submitted June 1st and haven’t received anything. I don’t want to call the school I fee like I will be bothering them. 

Don't be afraid to call them. The admissions counselors are great to work with. 

You should get an email when your application goes to review (I don't think everyone got an email some got a phone call and some got both) and an email when they receive your supplemental application fee payment. The app won't go to review until the payment is received. If you haven't gotten either of those emails you should call them and make sure everything made it there.

Edited by jamierah
Spelling

After few days of isolation, now I can breathe again. Hope everybody is doing well. My counselor just called today  and told me that hopefully we should be receiving email by the end of the month. Thinking about it, it's driving me crazy. I do hope all of us will get invited for the interview. Good luck to all of us.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, iyo1789 said:

After few days of isolation, now I can breathe again. Hope everybody is doing well. My counselor just called today  and told me that hopefully we should be receiving email by the end of the month. Thinking about it, it's driving me crazy. I do hope all of us will get invited for the interview. Good luck to all of us.

This just made me nervous all over again. Thanks for the update!!! 

Same! Counselor has been great with phone update, but the wait has been rough. Let’s hope we hear news soon :)

1 hour ago, iyo1789 said:

Thank you for the update. This has been the longest month of the year waiting to hear something. I can’t wait to see good news posted in this forum! 

Guest mands
1 hour ago, iyo1789 said:

Ahh, curse this month for having a 31! One extra day of waiting, if that's what it is!!! However, that means within TWO weeks we get to hear, so woohoo! 

2 hours ago, jamierah said:

Don't be afraid to call them. The admissions counselors are great to work with. 

You should get an email when your application goes to review (I don't think everyone got an email some got a phone call and some got both) and an email when they receive your supplemental application fee payment. The app won't go to review until the payment is received. If you haven't gotten either of those emails you should call them and make sure everything made it there.

Ok thank you, I mailed my supplemental application fee June 1st as well and never got anything saying it was received either. Now I’m really worried. I will give them a call thanks! 

Edited by Tm2020

Guest mands
24 minutes ago, Tm2020 said:

Ok thank you, I mailed my supplemental application fee June 1st as well and never got anything saying it was received either. Now I’m really worried. I will give them a call thanks! 

You have to get the email that it was received for it to be under review! Same thing happened to me! Just check in with your counselor to try and see what's up.

I received the email that my application is under review on June 26th. If I haven't received an interview invite yet, is it too late or do I still have a chance?

I’m on a similar timeline. Under review on 6/24 and I’m still waiting to hear something. I don’t think it’s too late! They called me the day after I received the email and said it could be 4-5 weeks before hearing something, so hopefully it will be by the end of this month!! Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deltaformation3 said:

I received the email that my application is under review on June 26th. If I haven't received an interview invite yet, is it too late or do I still have a chance?

You absolutely do! The farther into the cycle we go, there are just more applications for them to go through. They'll consider all applications submitted up to the deadline. 🙂  You will probably find yourself waiting longer between the different steps than earlier applicants, but that's still a function of numbers. 

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed the post interview webinar on Thursday. It was informative and the student ambassador one was very encouraging. I see that a lot of us had our second interview be very short in length. The student ambassador encouraged us to not take it to personal and that the person who interviewed us first could have told that person how they felt about us and not too spend a lot of time interviewing us. I know that worried me a bit because my second interview only lasted 10 minutes. BUT I hope that was a good thing and I hope that we all receive calls of acceptance next week. Prayers up, Good luck everyone.

P.S, I think we'll make a great cohort

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FuturePEDSPA28 said:

I really enjoyed the post interview webinar on Thursday. It was informative and the student ambassador one was very encouraging. I see that a lot of us had our second interview be very short in length. The student ambassador encouraged us to not take it to personal and that the person who interviewed us first could have told that person how they felt about us and not too spend a lot of time interviewing us. I know that worried me a bit because my second interview only lasted 10 minutes. BUT I hope that was a good thing and I hope that we all receive calls of acceptance next week. Prayers up, Good luck everyone.

I wonder if we were in the same student session because the student Ambassador in my group spoke about the same exact thing 🙂 

Edited by emilymuff

4 hours ago, emilymuff said:

I wonder if we were in the same student session because the student Ambassador in my group spoke about the same exact thing 🙂 

I was about to say the same thing - I'm positive I was with @emilymuff! So hopeful that we'll all be classmates! I thoroughly enjoyed learning about you all and hearing about your backgrounds. They're right - truly a diverse group! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, olipajoli said:

I was about to say the same thing - I'm positive I was with @emilymuff! So hopeful that we'll all be classmates! I thoroughly enjoyed learning about you all and hearing about your backgrounds. They're right - truly a diverse group! 

Oh awesome! May I ask what your name is? I know we had a diverse group, so I’m sure this 4th cohort is going to have a great mix of students 🙂 

13 hours ago, FuturePEDSPA28 said:

Thank you for saying this! My first interview, academic, was 20 min and I have been obsessing over that fact. My personal went 45 min though so I was hoping it balanced out, haha.