2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Guest mands

Delaney, Liz, NOLAPA, and Haroon, gruntmane, we've been in it since the start! You're all gonna be amazing PAs in your specialties, and it'll be somewhere amazing! You made it this far in the process, so be proud of all the work you put into it! Yale online had a long application, and most people would see the supplemental essays/casper/etc and run away, but you guys ran towards it! YEAH IM PROUD! Sending you guys lots of love, and hope that you'll take a shot of tequilla (or make it into a marg) to party that you've been pushed a little closer to the school that will make you a PA, wherever that is! 

EDIT: I SPOKE TOO SOON 😞 I got rejected too, but hey it's time for me to party over my other interviews!!! 

Edited by mands

Got a call today from the my counselor saying to expect a interview decision in 2-3 weeks because they’re really backed up with applications. I submitted on June 1st for the priority deadline and was under review on June 26th so just a heads up for the folks with those or similar dates. 

• Like 2

Guest mands
7 minutes ago, airvine said:

I am sorry to hear about everyone's rejections. I hope you will be selected with another program that is a great fit! For those that did not get accepted, did you interview already? 

No, I did not interview!^ 

2 hours ago, DelaneyR44 said:

Hi all, I received an admissions decision today and was rejected. Interestingly, I interviewed with Yale Online last year and was waitlisted... I have 1000 more hours of experience and about 20 more credits, all A’s, this year, so I’m honestly completely shocked. I shouldn’t have made assumptions, I guess! Anyone have a similar experience?

and good luck to everyone who has already interviewed! 

Oh, @DelaneyR44 I’m so sorry! I know you were so hopeful after doing so well this past year! I have heard they have an overwhelming number of applicants, and I’m sure it’s been tough on decisions. Don’t give up, we are all in this to be future PA-Cs!!

• Upvote 1

I received an email rejection. I did not have an interview. 

I’m so happy for everyone who has been accepted!  I’m hoping that I get better news from one of the other two schools I applied to. However, they don’t offer interview invites until October or later. So here’s To more waiting. 

Edited by PaLiz2021
  • Like 3

I’m so sorry about everyone’s rejection!! Please don’t lose hope or give up!  This is incredibly difficult and very competitive and a rejection does not indicate that you are not worthy of being a future PA...it just means the time is not right now or the school is not a good fit for you. Continue to seek other opportunities and grow...you will get there!!!

Edited by Shouk
  • Like 2

I had a small heart attack today...when i came out of surgery and checked my phone I had a missed call and voicemail from a CT number!! It was an admissions counselor seeing if I had any questions or feedback after the info session on Thursday. But I think my heart stood still for a split second before I listened to the voice mail. 😂

• Like 2

Guest mands
24 minutes ago, anthrobiologist said:

I’m sorry to hear that, but keep your hard work up and the right door WILL open 🙂 do you mind sharing when you submitted and went under review ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep!

-submitted my app on 6/9

-verified on 6/10

-got a call from yale about my personal stuff on 6/10

-got a yale email that application fee was not received on 6/11

-sent out my fee on 6/11 

-application fee received 6/22 

-application under review 6/29

-rejected: 7/20 - 🙂

Edited by mands

yep!

-submitted my app on 6/9

-verified on 6/10

-got a call from yale about my personal stuff on 6/10

-got a yale email that application fee was not received on 6/11

-sent out my fee on 6/11 

-application fee received 6/22 

-application under review 6/29

-rejected: 7/20 - [emoji846]

Thanks a ton! Really appreciate the info :)

15 minutes ago, Hkane said:

I had a small heart attack today...when i came out of surgery and checked my phone I had a missed call and voicemail from a CT number!! It was an admissions counselor seeing if I had any questions or feedback after the info session on Thursday. But I think my heart stood still for a split second before I listened to the voice mail. 😂

I had the same heart attack! We're going to have nerves of steel after this process. 

• Like 2

I also want to say that I am sorry to hear of some receiving rejections today. Keep moving forward as incredible opportunities are in the near future. Wonderful things have a way of working out through the bumps in the road that we least expect. Stay positive and best wishes.

I am so sorry to hear about the bad news for so many today. I could be in the same boat here soon, and I have been there in previous cycles. For those who can't apply to any other programs it is especially difficult. If you feel discouraged and wonder how you have worked so hard for so long to be at what feels like a dead end, just remember that other opportunities will open up and that you will be more prepared to grab them and continue making a beautiful difference in the world. My heart goes out to you. I could very well find myself in need of a pick me up later this week as the post-interview decisions come out... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

Man...I have a feeling it is going to be a long week 😶

I feel like it already has been a long week 😕

If you tried to develop a psychology experiment that inflicted this much stress on people you'd never get it past the ethics committee but here we are not only volunteering but paying for the mental trauma. 🤪

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shockdropnroll said:

I had the same heart attack! We're going to have nerves of steel after this process. 

OMG! I would feel the same way if I got a call like this today. I am glad everything went well. It's going to be a nerve-wrecking day tomorrow. We can do this together💖

Edited by PrePAABGL
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, shockdropnroll said:

I missed a call from Yale because my 4 year old answered and hung up aaaawwwww!! Hopefully it was the same as what you guys had, just the advisor checking in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MegSJ said:

I missed a call from Yale because my 4 year old answered and hung up aaaawwwww!! Hopefully it was the same as what you guys had, just the advisor checking in. 

My 4 year old has also tried to call my advisor back.... KIDS!!  So helpful, they are.  Haha.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mands said:

Delaney, Liz, NOLAPA, and Haroon, gruntmane, we've been in it since the start! You're all gonna be amazing PAs in your specialties, and it'll be somewhere amazing! You made it this far in the process, so be proud of all the work you put into it! Yale online had a long application, and most people would see the supplemental essays/casper/etc and run away, but you guys ran towards it! YEAH IM PROUD! Sending you guys lots of love, and hope that you'll take a shot of tequilla (or make it into a marg) to party that you've been pushed a little closer to the school that will make you a PA, wherever that is! 

EDIT: I SPOKE TOO SOON 😞 I got rejected too, but hey it's time for me to party over my other interviews!!! 

Hi mands,

My heart goes out for you and many received the rejection today 💖.  You have been so supportive and encouraging everyone in the forum. I enjoy you shared lots of your life and experience to help others. You will be an amazing PA in the future. Let's stay in touch. Please let me know if there is anything I can help in the future. It's wonderful to have you in our journey. 😀