2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

18 minutes ago, Tiera said:

Tomorrow for sure guys lol 

haha I want to be hopeful for a little while longer, just because phone calls went out around 8-830 last round...though I know that is no solid indication of what could happen this time. If not, then like last night, no news is still good news at this point. 

5 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

haha I want to be hopeful for a little while longer, just because phone calls went out around 8-830 last round...though I know that is no solid indication of what could happen this time. If not, then like last night, no news is still good news at this point. 

So true! My heart completed stopped when I received the email reminder about the survey. Lol 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tiera said:

I’m starting to think they offered all the acceptance for this round already 😩😩 not to be negative. Anxiety is definitely taking over. 

I feel like if they did, then we would all have received emails of being waitlisted or rejected by now!! 

• Like 1

Sparkle on, everyone! Waiting is difficult, it's easy to feel you've been passed over, but there's nothing to support that. 

I remember hearing somewhere that when negative thoughts enter your mind; ask yourself "where did I get this information." Most of the time, at least for me, I made it up myself because I felt anxious/overwhelmed/scared/not good enough/ whatever. 

❤️ 

Boomers-Reinvented-Funny-Motivational-Quotes-Diamond.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tiera said:

I’m starting to think they offered all the acceptance for this round already 😩😩 not to be negative. Anxiety is definitely taking over. 

It’s possible but I feel like at least one of the people in the forum would have been accepted.  That would be a statistical anomaly if no one in here got in.  But who knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aselph said:

It’s possible but I feel like at least one of the people in the forum would have been accepted.  That would be a statistical anomaly if no one in here got in.  But who knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I keep reminding myself of that too! We’ll all know eventually. 

There are far too many rockstars on this forum for not a single one to be accepted, I refuse to think that! I think they were super busy today and honestly, if they didn't finish making decisions yesterday (thus not making phone calls) I don't believe they had time to finish it today. Who knows what they'll do tomorrow during the day but there's a chance they still need to finish up making decisions (and aging us all prematurely with excessive adrenaline and wine 😉 ). My fingers are all crossed for tomorrow night...

...Heavy sigh...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hkane said:

There are far too many rockstars on this forum for not a single one to be accepted, I refuse to think that! I think they were super busy today and honestly, if they didn't finish making decisions yesterday (thus not making phone calls) I don't believe they had time to finish it today. Who knows what they'll do tomorrow during the day but there's a chance they still need to finish up making decisions (and aging us all prematurely with excessive adrenaline and wine 😉 ). My fingers are all crossed for tomorrow night...

...Heavy sigh...

I’m with you!!! ❤️🙌🏽

• Like 4

I just applied on 7/16

CASPA verified on 7/17

Payment recv'd 7/17

I've been tuning into the threads. I guess I better hunker down for the long wait. Do you all think I applied too late? Also, I haven't been assigned a counselor.... I've met all requirements and wanted to make sure my application was complete before submitting. I hope I made the right decision. You guys are making me nervous.

• Upvote 1

Can I just say how happy I am to have each and everyone of you ?!?!? Because my boyfriend thinks I’m a nut job and doesn’t understand the stress I’m going through 🤣 (although he is trying to be extremely patient and trying to understand.) However he doesn’t understand the mini heart attack I got every time my phone rang 

Edited by Arelyy21
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, YCrossPA said:

I just applied on 7/16

CASPA verified on 7/17

Payment recv'd 7/17

I've been tuning into the threads. I guess I better hunker down for the long wait. Do you all think I applied too late? Also, I haven't been assigned a counselor.... I've met all requirements and wanted to make sure my application was complete before submitting. I hope I made the right decision. You guys are making me nervous.

Not at all! They've been super clear that they won't fill all the seats until they look at every single application. Dont be nervous!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YCrossPA said:

I just applied on 7/16

CASPA verified on 7/17

Payment recv'd 7/17

I don't think you're too late. The admissions staff have always said they review every application.

I would plan on a long wait. They are still working through the people that made the early admissions deadline. I believe we have some people here on the forum that made that deadline and haven't had any activity on their applications, which I'm assuming will be the people in the next round of interviews/decisions.

It seems like applications are making it into the interview category about 6-8 weeks after submitting and that may get longer as more applications come in.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

Sparkle on, everyone! Waiting is difficult, it's easy to feel you've been passed over, but there's nothing to support that. 

I remember hearing somewhere that when negative thoughts enter your mind; ask yourself "where did I get this information." Most of the time, at least for me, I made it up myself because I felt anxious/overwhelmed/scared/not good enough/ whatever. 

❤️ 

Boomers-Reinvented-Funny-Motivational-Quotes-Diamond.png

I may or may not have bust out in some Queen after seeing this... thank you for that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arelyy21 said:

Can I just say how happy I am to have each and everyone of you ?!?!? Because my boyfriend thinks I’m a nut job and doesn’t understand the stress I’m going through 🤣 (although he is trying to be extremely patient and trying to understand.) However he doesn’t understand the mini heart attack I got every time my phone rang 

😂 totally understandable! I was the same way! Jumping at every call. Panic and excited and nervous and doubting every second of everyday between my interview and my acceptance.

@emilymuff  @Arelyy21  @Hkane @Tiera @Shouk @Aselph @Crschr @PAgoalgetter @PrePAABGL to name a few....(sorry if I missed you but this is for all interviewees)
 I will say two things: 1) they wouldn’t have interviewed you if they didn’t think you were worthy of a seat and you should absolutely relish in that and 2) No matter if you wait 12 more hours or 12 more days when you get the call the wait is 💯 worth EVERY SECOND! 
-Praying for y’all to hear today!!!

xoxo

Krystal

• Like 5