2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

9 hours ago, Hkane said:

Thank you for saying this! My first interview, academic, was 20 min and I have been obsessing over that fact. My personal went 45 min though so I was hoping it balanced out, haha.

Hello, I agree with both of you! Thank you for sharing with your experience on the second interview. I'm little similar to Hkane but in the reverse way. I totally agree with FuturePASPA28. My second one went much faster than the first. I'm glad to hear a few people experienced this, too. 

I also enjoy the post-interview session very much. I found it’s very informative and helpful! Let's hope for the best next week! It will be my pleasure to be part of this cohort. Good luck to everyone! 

On 7/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, Jlnisbett said:

..... I was in the middle of my interview (nervous, sweating, rambling on- Im the WORST interviewer) and out popped the phrase, "youve got to risk it! Risk it for the biscuit!" And I immediately cringed, and he said, oh my, you ARE from the south, arent you?!?! Then he made fun of me.  😂😬🤣....

Jennifer

So Pinterest decided I needed to see this today. Which is funny since your post is the first time I've ever heard of this expression. 🤔

I'm going to go look for some tinfoil to make a hat out of so the internet will stop reading my mind. 

bb408058a8b8c2a6128326fcb7463e03.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/14/2020 at 8:31 PM, PrePAABGL said:

Welcome, Tiera! Many of us are on the same boat! We are in this together. Wish you the best! 😃

On 7/15/2020 at 7:29 AM, Shouk said:

I’m sure you did fabulous! Getting to the interview stage is an accomplishment in of itself! I also completed my interview last Tuesday! Can’t wait to meet everyone tomorrow 🙏🏽🙏🏽 Continuing to pray daily and push the fear/anxiety away! 

Does anyone know how many students they are accepting this cohort ? 

Guest mands

@tiera I believe it is about 60 ! I read somewhere they have the capacity for like 140-150 or something like that, but only plan on taking 60.

Ok, going into this post-interviews week with all the anxiety. They said they’ll meet to discuss on Tuesday and the first round of acceptances were on a Tuesday...what time of day did all the accepted get the call? I’m assuming it won’t be until later since they have to meet. Were they all on Tuesday or did some get accepted on other days?

Edited by Hkane

30 minutes ago, Hkane said:

Ok, going into this post-interviews week with all the anxiety. They said they’ll meet to discuss on Tuesday and the first round of acceptances were on a Tuesday...what time of day did all the accepted get the call? I’m assuming it won’t be until later since they have to meet. We’re they all on Tuesday or did some get accepted on other days?

I believe they said that they were meeting Monday and Tuesday and that calls MAY start to go out on Tuesday. I wouldn't read anything into not getting a call on Tuesday

That doesn't mean I'm not going to be diving across the room to answer my phone every time it rings.🥺 This whole application process has me talking to more telemarketers then I've talked to in the last 10 years.

Edited by jamierah
Added a thought
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The calls for the last group went out on a Tuesday evening EST.

I agree with @jamierah. As hopeful as I am to hear good news soon, the staff probably has a ton of things on their schedules other than the applications, so I wouldn’t be too worried if calls don’t go out by Tuesday. 

Edited by emilymuff
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

the staff probably have a ton of things on their schedules other than the applications

We're all focused on the application process but they're also running an active program in the middle of a pandemic from home. There is no way to predict any moves they are going to make no matter how hard we try to find a pattern.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, jamierah said:

So Pinterest decided I needed to see this today. Which is funny since your post is the first time I've ever heard of this expression. 🤔

I'm going to go look for some tinfoil to make a hat out of so the internet will stop reading my mind. 

bb408058a8b8c2a6128326fcb7463e03.jpg

Oh. My. Gosh!! 😂😂 This is too funny 😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I think I’m going to have to get this. But then again, it may just be a horrible reminder of my epic screw up in my interview, ya know, the phrase that may have cost me my future 😂🤦🏼‍♀️😬😭. Also a good reminder to laugh at the things we cannot change. Thank you for posting this, I needed that laugh! 

10 hours ago, Jlnisbett said:

Oh. My. Gosh!! 😂😂 This is too funny 😂😂🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I think I’m going to have to get this. But then again, it may just be a horrible reminder of my epic screw up in my interview, ya know, the phrase that may have cost me my future 😂🤦🏼‍♀️😬😭. Also a good reminder to laugh at the things we cannot change. Thank you for posting this, I needed that laugh! 

I think you should wear this on the first day of class when you get accepted 😉😘🤗 (or at the first immersion lol).

Fingers crossed!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alvarn said:

I think you should wear this on the first day of class when you get accepted 😉😘🤗 (or at the first immersion lol).

Fingers crossed!!

When we all get accepted my first order of business is going to be to nominate "you have to risk it for the biscuit" as our class motto 😁

• Like 5

Hi all, I received an admissions decision today and was rejected. Interestingly, I interviewed with Yale Online last year and was waitlisted... I have 1000 more hours of experience and about 20 more credits, all A’s, this year, so I’m honestly completely shocked. I shouldn’t have made assumptions, I guess! Anyone have a similar experience?

and good luck to everyone who has already interviewed! 

Edited by DelaneyR44

7 minutes ago, DelaneyR44 said:

Hi all, I received an admissions decision today and was rejected. Interestingly, I interviewed with Yale Online last year and was waitlisted... I have 1000 more hours of experience and about 20 more credits, all A’s, this year, so I’m honestly completely shocked. I shouldn’t have made assumptions, I guess! Anyone have a similar experience?

and good luck to everyone who has already interviewed! 

I’m so sorry @DelaneyR44. That is frustrating. Have you applied to other schools? Will the school tell you why?

I’m currently on the waitlist from an earlier group of interviewees. It definitely strengthens your patience lol

Edited by alvarn
  • Upvote 1

Rejected today as well. 

Actually relieved to have one less application status to worry about.

Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews. To those who were rejected today don't lose hope; there are plenty of other schools waiting to accept you. You're hard work will pay off eventually, and maybe sooner than later!