2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

On 7/8/2020 at 9:07 AM, jamierah said:

Just finished up my interviews. Now the waiting begins again.

My interviewers did say decisions are taking 2-4 weeks post interview so plan on being patient. I'm assuming as more applications enter the cycle the time frame for everything will just get longer.

For the people wondering about the setting for your interview.

Try and get the camera eye level or slightly above, it helps hide the double chin.

Check the location a day or too ahead of time at the same time of day as your interview. The lighting night be different or there may be weird glares off of pictures or glasses.

If you need to add lighting get it above and off to the side (about 10 and 2 if your nose is 12) preferably both sides it will reduce unflattering shadows. If the light seems harsh add a diffuser of a sheet of paper in front of it to soften it. 

Zoom allows you to rotate your camera view (in the settings) so if you have a wide angle lens try turning it vertical to eliminate some of the view of the room and get more of you in it. Just don't forget to put pants on 😱

Be aware the color of lamp shades and curtains that can change the white balance of the video and give you that sickly pallor. I had to ditch the green curtain in the room since it made me look like my liver was failing. 

Make sure the background doesn't have anything the looks funky where you are sitting. I had to move a lamp on the bookshelf that looked like I was wearing the shade as a hat. 

Thank you for your tips and ” don't forget to put the pants on ”That's a good one 🤣

I had my two interviews today and I think they went really well. While the wait is nerve wracking it’s a little freeing to know that I’ve done all I can and it’s out of my hands now. Freeing but also really terrifying 😂

My fingers are crossed for everyone in every stage of waiting right now. I know it’s hard, I’m there in the trenches with you. 

I think I earned a glass of wine tonight 🍷 Cheers!

• Like 4

Guest mands
28 minutes ago, Hkane said:

I had my two interviews today and I think they went really well. While the wait is nerve wracking it’s a little freeing to know that I’ve done all I can and it’s out of my hands now. Freeing but also really terrifying 😂

My fingers are crossed for everyone in every stage of waiting right now. I know it’s hard, I’m there in the trenches with you. 

I think I earned a glass of wine tonight 🍷 Cheers!

and 2 shots of tequilla! woohoo!!!! 

Also, will be emailing my admissions counselor soon today after my final anatomy exam. As usual, will keep you all posted! 

Yale called me today to follow up after my interview and I almost had a legit heart attack right there😂! Really like that they are so responsive and communicative with students! Thankful that it was not a flat out rejection I was getting called about LOL! 

Hope everyone is maintaining their sanity and positive attitudes in this time of waiting! Good Luck to everyone still interviewing this week and hope to see you guys at the information Zoom on the 16th!

• Like 2

I'm in Sunny Mexico checking in, and I LOVE all the support going around!

Everyone that messaged me about their interviews have been on my mind as I listen to ocean waves. Sending good vibes, prayers, and having drinks in your honor. 🙂 

This is all one big process of "hurry up and wait." I'm glad we're all in this together!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, madi.loruss said:

Yale called me today to follow up after my interview and I almost had a legit heart attack right there😂! Really like that they are so responsive and communicative with students! Thankful that it was not a flat out rejection I was getting called about LOL! 

Hope everyone is maintaining their sanity and positive attitudes in this time of waiting! Good Luck to everyone still interviewing this week and hope to see you guys at the information Zoom on the 16th!

how do you join the info session on 16th?

Hello from the Garden State! 

I'm a little late to the game. This post is directed to all the late bloomers so we can continue tracking the application cycle. I submitted my CASPA today (7/11/20)! I also sent my supplemental application fee via certified mail today (7/11/20). If you're wondering why I applied mid-cycle, good question! I thought about submitting before the priority deadline, however, it was in my best interest to delay and ensure my application is the best it can be.

I have been working with a Yale admissions counselor. They are a great resource and don't fault you for calling "often"! (I only called twice.) However, don't be discouraged if they're quite busy because there are a lot of us. Additionally, I worked with an editor for my essays. I think it's a wise decision, if you have some time, to find a reputable person you can trust wholeheartedly to critique/revise your essays without sacrificing your own voice. It's also not a bad idea to continue attending webinars, etc to gain valuable information about the program. The PAEA virtual fair is on 7/22/20.

For all those resume people out there. I have worked in staffing and HR so I'm going to tell you that a resume is NOT limited to one page. It should include everything you have done that pertains to the job/school you're applying to in excruciating detail. For PCE example, if you touch a patient then what did you you do with that patient specifically. My resume came out to 2.5 pages. 

I maxed out the LOE requests. It's always nice to have back-ups just in case someone forgets. I gave them a 7/31/20 due date so I don't expect my application to be reviewed until mid-August. I'm also registered to take the CASPer on 7/19/20. 

Good luck to all applicants who are applying and/or have been waiting. May the odds be ever in our favor!

CASPA- SUBMITTED 7/11/20

Supplemental application fee- SENT 7/11/20 (via certified mail)

CASPer- registered 7/19/20

LOE- due dates scheduled for 7/31/20

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CLBluebonnet said:

@Hkane - It seems like there will be a session after each round of interviews. (I don't have primary source info, so I'm hedging...but IF I were to gamble, I'd pick this bet) Yale is great about communication and transparency, and for me, it was nice to have the chance to ask additional questions I had afterwards. 

There will indeed be an info session after each round of interviews for interviewed applicants. (Source, I’m a current student/student ambassador and host these meetings ☺️)

• Like 6

On 7/1/2020 at 8:02 PM, AmyR417 said:

Hello,

Has anyone had their counselor verify that their application is under review by phone, but not ever get the e-mail from Yale that it is under review? I am worried that I will miss any other correspondence from Yale! If this has happened to you, did you figure out why?
Thank you!

Mine did on June 30th. No email. 

New to the forum! I am a non-traditional student who had a rough start at college in 2006. I have been chipping away at my PA school prerequisites since 2013 but my cGPA is still unimpressive so that makes me nervous.

--> Submitted my application in CASPA on May 31st

--> Verified June 3rd

***One of my colleges sent the transcript for a different Rebecca so that took a while to fix... 

--> Supplemental fee was received June 22nd

--> Phone call confirming that my application was under review June 30th

Edited by Rebeccajoycearnold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamierah said:

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week.

For those that interviewed last week. Who stood in the shower or laid in bed over the weekend coming up with way better answers to the interview questions than what they actually said?

Me, sheepishly raising hand ✋

Yep, story of my life.

Hi,

Does anyone have any info about the application webinar Yale did last month? I was unable to attend.

I am planning on attending to the PAEA fair on the 22nd, but I don't think it will be a more generalized fair than specifically geared towards applications.

Also, good luck to all the people who got an interview. I am sure you have all worked very hard to get in.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! When did you guys send out your secondary application fee and how long did it take to be redeemed/confirmed by the program?

I sent out my fee via snail mail about three weeks ago and have not received confirmation (they've actually called in to double check that I actually sent it!). My admissions counselor said the program checks their PO box about once a week and will only send a confirmation email once it has been cashed in (not when it has been received). Getting a little nervous since people have done their interviews already! 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, jamierah said:

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week.

For those that interviewed last week. Who stood in the shower or laid in bed over the weekend coming up with way better answers to the interview questions than what they actually said?

Me, sheepishly raising hand ✋

This is so me, too. I felt really good about my interviews but I’ve talked myself into thinking I’m out of the running after being in my head all weekend. 🙄 It’s ridiculous what I tell myself while waiting.

Guest mands
11 hours ago, Rebeccajoycearnold said:

New to the forum! I am a non-traditional student who had a rough start at college in 2006. I have been chipping away at my PA school prerequisites since 2013 but my cGPA is still unimpressive so that makes me nervous.

--> Submitted my application in CASPA on May 31st

--> Verified June 3rd

***One of my colleges sent the transcript for a different Rebecca so that took a while to fix... 

--> Supplemental fee was received June 22nd

--> Phone call confirming that my application was under review June 30th

I'm sure you still got a beautiful story to tell on your journey, so even if your GPA is lackluster, you'll shine right through! 

@oxyjen I sent mine in on 6/11. So, basically I sent it in with 1-day shipping ($7 total). It was processed on 6/22, which is 10 days after. Also, my shipping was delayed due to the pandemic, so my 1-day turned into 4 day shipping. With that, if I scale it to this, snail mail is 5-7 business days. With virus shipping time it should be 9-12 business days. Then, with the processing time, it is 10 days extra about, so that is 22 days. This is about 3 weeks so it should be there either this week or early next?! I will say, this is based on volume too. I read somewhere on this forum that their applications ramped up, so it might take a little bit longer for them to process this. 

Btw, we have the same color sash on our profile photos! Did you by chance go to a UC ?!

Also, update on the email: my counselor just confirmed that he got my stuff, and said that I should expect to hear back by the end of the month. THATS WITHIN 2 WEEKS GUYS!!! IM SICK TO MY S T O M A C H!!!! I can't wait to hear something, but I really hope it is positive! ❤️