2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

9 hours ago, femeredith said:

Does anyone have an idea of how many people they will take in this class? According to the ARC website they can accept a MAX of 156 people for cohort 3 which is huge ... anyone have an idea if they will actually enroll that many and if the majority of seats are already filled?

On their podcast episode, they said they were planning on accepting around 68 this cycle. 

12 hours ago, bxy17 said:

Hi, I just wanted to confirm. Is the supplemental application link the same as the "Yale Physician Assistant Program" (non-online link)? Or is it only a matter of sending a check to the indicated address on CASPA? Hi, I just wanted to confirm. Is the supplemental application link the same as the "Yale Physician Assistant Program" (non-online link)? Or is it only a matter of sending a check to the indicated address on CASPA?

The supplemental application is on The Caspa app under the program materials. There is no additional app besides that one. The fee is mailed to Yale directly. The address is on the webpage. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, femeredith said:

Does anyone have an idea of how many people they will take in this class? According to the ARC website they can accept a MAX of 156 people for cohort 3 which is huge ... anyone have an idea if they will actually enroll that many and if the majority of seats are already filled?

Hi there! So yes they have had approval for a very large class before. We are the 4th cohort going in and even though they had the ability to take 156 they took way less last year. Every webinar I have attended has said 60-68. This fits the mold way more to me since Yale is really big on providing the best education possible so I don’t imagine they will over saturate the class population without staff to support it.  HTH

• Upvote 2

To any of the applicants that already interviewed, what two forms of ID did you use for your interview? I know my reminder email for my interview tomorrow says one form has to be a government issued ID, but I don’t know what else to use since my old school ID has my maiden name. Add it to my list of worries haha 😂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EmWald19 said:

To any of the applicants that already interviewed, what two forms of ID did you use for your interview? I know my reminder email for my interview tomorrow says one form has to be a government issued ID, but I don’t know what else to use since my old school ID has my maiden name. Add it to my list of worries haha 😂 

I have my interviews tomorrow too. I plan on using my driver’s license and military ID...perhaps you could use a hospital or work badge?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EmWald19 said:

I used my driver’s license and my passport. Do you have a work badge? Really you could probably use anything. The school badge is probably fine too. Don’t stress over this!!!!!! You just get into the right frame of mind to kick butt at this interview! They just need to verify that you are you! Relax! 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, EmWald19 said:

I used my Driver license and passport. But you could also use a school ID, work badge....just two things that have your identity on it. I'm sure a Sam's club card with your photo would work in a pinch 😂

• Like 2

Guest mands
5 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

Now that I’m thinking about it, were there any applicants that got rejections after interviews, or did all that did not get accepted get waitlisted?

Yeah, that's a good point!!!! ^^ also, how long did it take from point of interview and acceptance/waitlist? was it really 4 weeks? I swore it was sooner than that! 

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and I really like how kind and supportive everyone is here. I haven't submitted yet because I was helping out with my dad who had COVID-19 (he recovered!). I'm not sure if it's too late to apply now but if I submit within the next two days, is there a chance I'd get an interview based on the timing of my submission? I'm still finishing up my supplemental essays, which is all I have left. Thanks so much to anyone that responds. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Mary913 said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and I really like how kind and supportive everyone is here. I haven't submitted yet because I was helping out with my dad who had COVID-19 (he recovered!). I'm not sure if it's too late to apply now but if I submit within the next two days, is there a chance I'd get an interview based on the timing of my submission? I'm still finishing up my supplemental essays, which is all I have left. Thanks so much to anyone that responds. 🙂

I'm not sure if my POV is right since I am new to this too, but I imagine as long as you get it in my the Sept deadline that you'll be good to go. Glad he is okay, and good luck writing!

1 minute ago, ScullyAMA said:

I'm not sure if my POV is right since I am new to this too, but I imagine as long as you get it in my the Sept deadline that you'll be good to go. Glad he is okay, and good luck writing!

Thanks girl! Yeah between my dad, raising a 9-month old without my husband, and working full time I just didn't have the time to finish up my essays. Hopefully it's not too late but it's worth a shot! Are interviews done intermittently in groups or are they continuously ongoing until they fill up the cohort? Sorry, I could probably go through all 55 pages of this forum but I'm on here between patients at work lol.

• Like 1

For those who have already interviewed, what kind of area did you use? I live in a small one bedroom apartment and the options I have are my desk which has my cat tower behind it or my kitchen table which has wall decorations behind it. I dont know if these are acceptable or not and I'm too nervous to use someone elses WIFI! Also did anyone else have cats?!? I have two fairly young  cats that can be very good sometime and very bad at other times🙃.