2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

54 minutes ago, epicchecklist said:

Hello! Good luck to all those applying. 

Does anyone know if they will accept 4 quarter units to satisfy their 3 semester units for prerequisites? 

I think I agree with everyone else. I believe to be 3 semester units, your class should be 4.5 quarter units.

Guest mands

I completely read the question wrong, so ignore my response bc I deleted it LOL! I went to a school on the quarter system and I had to take A & B (not neccesarily C) for certain classes to make the "semester" units. This was only for certain schools though. Like, for child development for a school, I needed to take "A & B" to make that 4 unit requirement! 

Ok. I'm gonna share this story on myself and maybe it'll help be that tiny voice of reason when your other voice is telling you ALL the ways you messed up.

The interviewers are people too. They know this is hard and competitive and wouldn't consider us if we were't all Yale material. The hard part is it's kinda a lot like dating, you can meet perfectly good and wonderful people, but they're not a fit. It's crushing when you're not the fit. But it also doesn't mean you suck. I don't claim to know what they're looking for, only that they're taking the time to actually LOOK at us and consider us beyond numbers on a transcript, which is amazing. 

I did the same thing as @jamierah and @Hkane, I'd just randomly think of much better or much more thorough answers while sitting at stoplights, or cooking dinner. WHYYYYYY did I pick this example when clearly that other one that I didn't think about would have been better. Did I answer the question good enough, did I tell my story enough? Did I just babble and they were too nice to say anything? Could they tell that I stuffed the armpits of my suit jacket with washcloths because I didn't want to have to dry clean sweat stains? 

My BIG thing? I emailed my "thank you" note to the wrong person. Holy crap, who does that?!! It doesn't matter that I was sure I had the wrong person's email address in the "send" field, and was actively looking through faculty profiles to find the right match when my son burst in and started talking a mile a minute and hit "enter." SO my second interview started with (said in a happy joking way) "Do you know what you did?" 

Yes. Yes I do. I feel so dumb. Please let me in. 

And they did. 

That takes a WHOLE lot of grace on their part to look beyond something like that. So, if you find yourself in the shower, or lying awake in bed, or at a stoplight and your mind keeps telling you how awful you did. Remember what I did. I ACTUALLY messed up, lol! 

❤️ 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CLBluebonnet said:

Ok. I'm gonna share this story on myself and maybe it'll help be that tiny voice of reason when your other voice is telling you ALL the ways you messed up.

The interviewers are people too. They know this is hard and competitive and wouldn't consider us if we were't all Yale material. The hard part is it's kinda a lot like dating, you can meet perfectly good and wonderful people, but they're not a fit. It's crushing when you're not the fit. But it also doesn't mean you suck. I don't claim to know what they're looking for, only that they're taking the time to actually LOOK at us and consider us beyond numbers on a transcript, which is amazing. 

I did the same thing as @jamierah and @Hkane, I'd just randomly think of much better or much more thorough answers while sitting at stoplights, or cooking dinner. WHYYYYYY did I pick this example when clearly that other one that I didn't think about would have been better. Did I answer the question good enough, did I tell my story enough? Did I just babble and they were too nice to say anything? Could they tell that I stuffed the armpits of my suit jacket with washcloths because I didn't want to have to dry clean sweat stains? 

My BIG thing? I emailed my "thank you" note to the wrong person. Holy crap, who does that?!! It doesn't matter that I was sure I had the wrong person's email address in the "send" field, and was actively looking through faculty profiles to find the right match when my son burst in and started talking a mile a minute and hit "enter." SO my second interview started with (said in a happy joking way) "Do you know what you did?" 

And they did. 

That takes a WHOLE lot of grace on their part to look beyond something like that. So, if you find yourself in the shower, or lying awake in bed, or at a stoplight and your mind keeps telling you how awful you did. Remember what I did. I ACTUALLY messed up, lol! 

❤️ 

Thank you so much @CLBluebonnet! It is good to be able to laugh at yourself and a great quality for a PA to have. Are you in the 2021 cohort? 

2 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

And they did. 

❤️ 

I love you for this response. I can’t tell you how honored I would be to be a classmate with someone as kind, honest, and funny as you! Thank you for your continued support to us still in the trenches.

• Like 1

Guest mands
2 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

And they did. 

❤️ 

My favorite part is when your son BUSTED in and started going off with his bars !! The drama is so real LOL!! 

Hey guys!! 

I interviewed on July 7th. I had both interviews on the same day. I, like what others have said overanalyzed my interviews because you always think of something better after the fact. I hope that I am accepted in this upcoming cohort. I look forward to seeing you guys in the webinar on July 16. Prayers we get accepted! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

And they did. 

❤️ 

Thank you SO much for sharing this and helping to uplift some of us who are truly so nervous and anxious about the outcome!! Would love to be your classmate one day! 

Hello everyone! I found this forum recently and I had to say Hi! This is an amazing group of positive individuals. Your words of encouragement have hit home more than once.

A little background info:

Submitted to CASPA: 5/20
CASPA verified: 5/21
Yale “under review”: 5/21
Yale “supplemental fee rec’d”: 6/1
Interview invite: 6/22
Interviews: Last week
Praying like crazy: Currently

I’m hoping every one of us get the chance to show how awesome we are. Praying for everyone! This group would make an amazing cohort.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, srenee8 said:

Hello everyone! I found this forum recently and I had to say Hi! This is an amazing group of positive individuals. Your words of encouragement have hit home more than once.

I’m hoping every one of us get the chance to show how awesome we are. Praying for everyone! This group would make an amazing cohort.

Congratulations on finishing your interviews 🙂 (as well as everyone else who interviewed last week)

Best of luck to those interviewing this week! I look forward to seeing you all on Thursday. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

And they did. 

❤️ 

Thanks for posting that. I feel better about myself now 😆 That makes me really believe that they are truly looking at applicants as individuals and can appreciate our failing as human beings.

2 hours ago, srenee8 said:

Good morning, and good luck! Keep us up to speed! 🙂

16 hours ago, CLBluebonnet said:

And they did. 

❤️ 

This is too funny!! Im glad you shared! I did something silly in my interview, and Im going to advise no one else do this, because I got waitlisted, lol 😆 So Im from Tennessee, and we use a lot of weird sayings around here; it seems like a lot of them have to do with food too, lol, imagine that. I was in the middle of my interview (nervous, sweating, rambling on- Im the WORST interviewer) and out popped the phrase, "youve got to risk it! Risk it for the biscuit!" And I immediately cringed, and he said, oh my, you ARE from the south, arent you?!?! Then he made fun of me.  😂😬🤣 Yall!! Take my advice, dont do it!! lol! I mean, I definitely let my true, talkative self show, but gosh, for a Yale interview?!? 🤦‍♀️ Totally feel like I blew it. I'm still hoping they go back and look and remember me in a positive way if they accept wait listers. So, be YOU, let your personality show, but not toooo much!!!  I just have to laugh about it now. I would change so much about my interviews if I could, but, it is what it is! Good luck this week to all interviewing!!!

Jennifer

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

This is too funny!! Im glad you shared! I did something silly in my interview, and Im going to advise no one else do this, because I got waitlisted, lol 😆 So Im from Tennessee, and we use a lot of weird sayings around here; it seems like a lot of them have to do with food too, lol, imagine that. I was in the middle of my interview (nervous, sweating, rambling on- Im the WORST interviewer) and out popped the phrase, "youve got to risk it! Risk it for the biscuit!" And I immediately cringed, and he said, oh my, you ARE from the south, arent you?!?! Then he made fun of me.  😂😬🤣 Yall!! Take my advice, dont do it!! lol! I mean, I definitely let my true, talkative self show, but gosh, for a Yale interview?!? 🤦‍♀️ Totally feel like I blew it. I'm still hoping they go back and look and remember me in a positive way if they accept wait listers. So, be YOU, let your personality show, but not toooo much!!!  I just have to laugh about it now. I would change so much about my interviews if I could, but, it is what it is! Good luck this week to all interviewing!!!

Jennifer

I just want to say that I fully support biscuits. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

Jennifer

🤣🤣🤣 Love this!

• Like 1

Guest mands
1 hour ago, Jlnisbett said:

Jennifer

"youve got to risk it! Risk it for the biscuit!", hits so much harder/different than something like "just do it". I LOVE IT! when they say they wanted diversity you gave it to them 😂❤️ 

I forgot both of my IDs for my first interview. She asked to see my two forms of verification and I said hang on and I LITERALLY RAN FROM THE ROOM AND LEFT HER HANGING!!! OMG. I ran back in and sat down calmly and apologized but I legit left her staring at a blank wall for a good minute while I ran for my IDs. I remember thinking I had to really blow this interview out of the water to make up for this mistake. I was also grateful that I was wearing pants 😂 FYI I got in. Lol. Don’t over analyze. Just be your best truest self and that’s the best you can do. 

• Like 7

On 7/13/2020 at 5:11 PM, CLBluebonnet said:

And they did. 

❤️ 

Hi CLBluebonnet, 

Thank you for always being very supportive and genuinely helping us in the forum! I agree with you that the interview is very much like a dating experience. I believe Yale is looking for candidates with the personality fit over academics, clinical experience, and other factors. But in the end of day, we are all human beings and can't be as perfect as we wish to sometimes. 

The more I participate in this forum, the more I feel confident and honored if I can join in this cohort (I am crossing my fingers and praying for all of us!). Based on the students accepted into this cohort , as well as, the current PA students, I feel we can count on, learn from each other, and power through PA school together,  This is how I want for a PA school. 

To everyone kept going over the interview questions and coming out the better responses over the weekend. You are not alone. I am with you. So I decided to listen to voice-guided meditation clips on youtube. They helped me through the first post-interview weekend! 

Good lucks to everyone's interview this week. I am excited and look forward to meeting all the interview candidates this Thursday. I believe we have gone this far, we should enjoy the time meeting each other.  Have a good evening, everyone!💖

Edited by PrePAABGL
  • Like 1