2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

29 minutes ago, PAFarhat2B said:

Going on week three of little sleep. My nerves are going crazy and my heart drops every time my phone rings. 🥺

I’m sure. I wish I had something helpful to say. Unfortunately, even after the acceptance, I have still found it hard to sleep lol. The excitement is intense. You couple that with the anxiety to get started in the program and it can definitely keep you up at night lol. I hope you can try to get some rest! 

6 hours ago, Krystalized said:

I’m sure. I wish I had something helpful to say. Unfortunately, even after the acceptance, I have still found it hard to sleep lol. The excitement is intense. You couple that with the anxiety to get started in the program and it can definitely keep you up at night lol. I hope you can try to get some rest! 

This is a really good perspective...there will be lots of stress in the program too so it’s best to learn to deal with it now. I hadn’t thought of it like that.

I didn’t receive an invite to interview. Did anyone else go under review on 6/20 and receive an invitation?  I really wasn’t expecting to, since they have only been “reviewing” my application for less than 48 hours. However, the nerves can’t help me from wondering. Ha ha. 
Good Luck to everyone. 
Did anyone else watch the mock interviews that Savannah Perry did last night? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arelyy21 said:

Hello ! I just got an interview and was wondering how long your interviews lasted if you are willing to share. The week that was offer to me was also a week that my employee will be on vacation. I work in a cath lab and we are unfortunately on-call the whole time he will be off. This means that I had to schedule both of mine on the same day and within 30 mins of each-other (I am already freaking out) since this is the only time/day my manager can cover 😞 I just don't want to miss one while I am doing the other one. 

Also!!!! I just wanted to say you guys are all rockstars and love how much you support each other. I would be extremely grateful to work alongside any of you. 

Hey cath lab friend! I am a traveler in the cath lab 😁

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaLiz2021 said:

I didn’t receive an invite to interview. Did anyone else go under review on 6/20 and receive an invitation?  I really wasn’t expecting to, since they have only been “reviewing” my application for less than 48 hours. However, the nerves can’t help me from wondering. Ha ha. 
Good Luck to everyone. 

I’ve been under review since 5/29. And haven’t heard anything yet!! Keep your head up!! 

1 hour ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Good Luck to everyone. 

You, Haroon, scullyama, and I are the ones that I know of that went under review on Saturday. I have not heard anything yet, nor seen any comments from the other two. I just hope we are included in the next round.

• Upvote 1

Guest mands
2 hours ago, Aroohoo said:

You, Haroon, scullyama, and I are the ones that I know of that went under review on Saturday. I have not heard anything yet, nor seen any comments from the other two. I just hope we are included in the next round.

Still nothing from me today!! Still waiting on that "under review" email!! also no response from counselor. So : )) ) 

Good luck to everyone doing interviews! I'll keep my fingers crossed for y'all! 

Heads up......

One of my interviews DID go over. I interviewed for almost 45 min. Keep that in mind with scheduling. The other interview was a tiny bit over 30. 

When y'all get in come and join our fabulous facebook group! Yale PA Online 2021 Cohort. We have a lot of great resources on there already like a document with tips from current students and we even have a current student in our group who is doing a Zoom meeting with us soon to help us out. 

Best of luck to everyone interviewing this week, and for those waiting..... TREAT YO SELF. Go do something to zen out and destress. You got this.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Guest mands
1 hour ago, sctt0525 said:

@mands when did you submit your app, was it after the priority deadline?

yes! It was a few days after. 😞

@nanairo --  sanjay is awesome! he's seriously guided me through all this. I wonder if mine is the same case..

I emailed him today and he was really thorough in answering my questions! I hope yours is under review too !!

Hey! I still haven’t received an under review email either and was thinking about emailing him to check on mine. I submitted 5/28 but wasn’t verified until 6/12. I’m getting so nervous about everything just waiting to hear something from them. When did you submit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! I still haven’t received an under review email either and was thinking about emailing him to check on mine. I submitted 5/28 but wasn’t verified until 6/12. I’m getting so nervous about everything just waiting to hear something from them. When did you submit?

I submitted 5/30, verified 6/4! Definitely send them an email if you haven't received one

Guest mands
17 minutes ago, JRussell said:

Thanks! About to send one now lol. Did you just email the admissions email address?

I don't know if this is for everyone, but the admissions did call me to talk about the application timeline/specifics. I also remember some other people getting this call or getting a specific email. If you talked to someone on the phone or email, i would try to figure out that specific person's contact rather than just going for the general email! 

2 hours ago, Kikime06 said:

Good luck to everyone doing interviews! I'll keep my fingers crossed for y'all! 

Heads up......

One of my interviews DID go over. I interviewed for almost 45 min. Keep that in mind with scheduling. The other interview was a tiny bit over 30. 

When y'all get in come and join our fabulous facebook group! Yale PA Online 2021 Cohort. We have a lot of great resources on there already like a document with tips from current students and we even have a current student in our group who is doing a Zoom meeting with us soon to help us out. 

Best of luck to everyone interviewing this week, and for those waiting..... TREAT YO SELF. Go do something to zen out and destress. You got this.

This is super helpful. Thank you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Haroon said:

How are you all preparing for interviews?

I’ve read Savanna’s book and have done mock interviews with people. As well as talk to myself during my morning walk with the dog and baby as if I am answering interview questions...so I’m sure I looked a little psycho at times. 

• Like 4

On 6/22/2020 at 9:40 PM, olipajoli said:

Since we've got some more people introducing themselves. I am not a mom, but I am a dog and cat mom! 🐾 I am from Minnesota (anyone else?). I am currently working as a paramedic.

22 hours ago, Janieg78 said:

I believe the time blocks are for 30 min, that’s what my email says. Might be tight but it should work!

On 6/22/2020 at 9:46 PM, Tsmith29 said:

I guess I’ll introduce myself as well. I’m also a mom... of a good boy with 4 paws, floppy ears, and a wet nose!🐾 and I’m living in North Carolina. 

Hey! I’m a dog mom too living in Kentucky. 

• Like 1