2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

3 hours ago, EmWald19 said:

-Submitted CASPA 5/26/20

-CASPA verified 6/2/20 (delayed due to transcript being mailed)

-Yale emailed that they received supp. fee 6/5/20

-Yale emailed app was "under review" 6/9/20

-Interview Invite. TODAY 🙂 6/22/20

Im so excited for everyone who received interview invites! Congratulations!

On the other hand, I submitted and was verified 5/26/20, and Yale received my supplemental fee 6/5. I got the under review email on 6/9/20 also. My timeline is almost exactly the same as @EmWald19, but I didnt get an interview invite today, so I guess that's not a great sign ☹

Edited by glasseden

Guest PA4day
6 minutes ago, glasseden said:

On the other hand, I submitted and was verified 5/26/20, and Yale received my supplemental fee 6/5. I got the under review email on 6/9/20 also. My timeline is almost exactly the same as @EmWald19, but I didnt get an interview invite today, so I guess that's not a great sign ☹

I’m feeling the same way. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Hang in there. 

10 minutes ago, glasseden said:

4 minutes ago, PA4day said:

I’m feeling the same way. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Hang in there. 

No news can be good news, hang in there guys! Maybe they are sending out invites in bunches since there are so many applicants. 

Guest mands

To everyone panicking (also me): I just sent an email to my counselor to ask what the timeline is for me, aka when the next round of interviews are. I'll keep you posted, he usually replies quick! 

Edited by mands

Guest mands
9 minutes ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Please I would love to know what he says

He replied and said he's still waiting on the approval for my enrollment verification. NOO! That means i'm like a step behind getting the "under review email". Didn't answer my interview question lol : ( 

@mands: I'm just scrolling through the messages and I'm feeling the same way. The waiting part is driving me crazy to be honest. LOL I guess,  I'll just wait for that email and go from there. While I am happy for others to get an interview invite, I am here eating Cheetos while clicking every second refreshing my email and hoping for the best. 😊

Guest mands
3 minutes ago, iyo1789 said:

@mands: I'm just scrolling through the messages and I'm feeling the same way. The waiting part is driving me crazy to be honest. LOL I guess,  I'll just wait for that email and go from there. While I am happy for others to get an interview invite, I am here eating Cheetos while clicking every second refreshing my email and hoping for the best. 😊

I sent another email to ask them to answer my question, I swear i'll stop after this one! Or one of you guys will have to stop me LOL! It is driving me crazy too! What's weird is I haven't heard back from any other school besides Yale so it's like, why am I focusing my attention 10000% to just this one program LOL! 

Guest mands

OK UPDATE: he said he would touch base later with me this week once my paper work is all cleared, so now I gotta keep waiting until "later this week". Wow, do I love these admission counselors, like what attention to detail :') i'm glad my application fee is going towards people who are on top of things like this. 

Congrats to everyone who received their invites so far! It is an amazing opportunity that will change your life. I’m excited to hopefully welcome you into the “I made it and can’t stop smiling” accepted group soon! 

To my amazing applicant friends that haven’t heard back YET let me have the honor of reminding you that this is a fluid system. Not a stone one. There has not been a single fact presented by admissions stating that any time frame is set in stone short of the the priority deadline and the final deadline. That means anything can happen whenever it happens. That is rough on the applicant but ultimately it is what is best for the cohort and Yale to ensure that the best cohort is put in place. Now let me also remind you of last week when rejections went out to some who hadn’t interviewed yet. YOU were not on that list. YOU are still here. Keep your head up and hold onto positivity more than worry. 💕

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

Congrats to everyone who received their invites so far! It is an amazing opportunity that will change your life. I’m excited to hopefully welcome you into the “I made it and can’t stop smiling” accepted group soon! 

To my amazing applicant friends that haven’t heard back YET let me have the honor of reminding you that this is a fluid system. Not a stone one. There has not been a single fact presented by admissions stating that any time frame is set in stone short of the the priority deadline and the final deadline. That means anything can happen whenever it happens. That is rough on the applicant but ultimately it is what is best for the cohort and Yale to ensure that the best cohort is put in place. Now let me also remind you of last week when rejections went out to some who hadn’t interviewed yet. YOU were not on that list. YOU are still here. Keep your head up and hold onto positivity more than worry. 💕

Thank you! I needed to hear that. I hate it for those who did receive rejections, but you are right. I've been trying to keep positive since I have not had an invite yet. You're pretty awesome! As many have said, it would be an honor to be apart of this cohort.

• Like 1

Guest mands
1 minute ago, LindseyM1984 said:

Thank you! I needed to hear that. I hate it for those who did receive rejections, but you are right. I've been trying to keep positive since I have not had an invite yet. You're pretty awesome! As many have said, it would be an honor to be apart of this cohort.

Are you a new friend to this forum?! I have seen you post a little, but I don't think you introduced yourself to the rest of us! This goes for the rest of you popping up more now 🙂 !!! 

13 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

So much love & positivity! Thanks for checking up on everyone ❤

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PAgoalgetter said:

Hello best forum ever, 

You are all so supportive, it is amazing to see. 

I also was extended an interview invite this morning 😃 I hope to also be in that "I made it and can't stop smiling" group one day, as @Krystalizedsaid. 

I’m out of emoji responses lol but if I could I would love all over this post lol

49 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

Thanks Krystal, I’m panicky, but trying to stay calm and not hit refresh a bajillion times. 

16 hours ago, Apsanpa said:

I agree with @Krystalized, one of the best tips is to be yourself and let them see who you are as an individual during your interview! If anyone cares to know (and for future applicants who read this thread in later cycles - kudos to you for making it 42 pages deep 😂) - Andrew Rodican's 'How to Ace the PA School Interview - 2nd edition' book is a great one to use if you want to practice answering questions out loud & it's helpful for brainstorming your own solid, personalized answers. Sarah Schultz over at the PA Life is great for mock interviews as well. And if you're needing personal / supplemental statement help, physasst on Fiverr is a PHENOMENAL editor; she'll work with you until your essays are an appropriate length and are perfect for submission. Just my thoughts for app / interview prep. I'm sure the forum will blow up with interview invites this week - I'm so excited to interact with more of you as you get added to the upcoming class! 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

I was almost giddy reading this reply - physasst is AMAZING!!  She edited my personal statement and supplemental essays.  And I'm reading through Rodican's book too.  Good to feel like I'm at least going in the right direction!  Still... so very nervous, lol.

CONGRATS to all who received interview invites today, so exciting!!!!!!  Best of luck to all of you!

1 hour ago, Krystalized said:

OMGGGGGGG. I needed to read this. Thank You  @Krystalized 

1 hour ago, mands said:

Are you a new friend to this forum?! I have seen you post a little, but I don't think you introduced yourself to the rest of us! This goes for the rest of you popping up more now 🙂 !!! 

I’ve been here since almost the beginning. I usually just feel like ditto would be most appropriate to say so I haven’t said anything. 🤪 I’m married and we have three sweet littles as well. We’re from Texas. I hope to be able to join that FB group and study along side you guys!!!

• Like 1

Guest mands
18 minutes ago, LindseyM1984 said:

I’ve been here since almost the beginning. I usually just feel like ditto would be most appropriate to say so I haven’t said anything. 🤪 I’m married and we have three sweet littles as well. We’re from Texas. I hope to be able to join that FB group and study along side you guys!!!

Ahh my bad! I must have just started noticing your name more 🙂 Also, I emailed the program again (WHY), so I am now punishing myself with 2 sticky notes on my laptop that say "HE SAID CHECK IN FRIDAY". lmaoooooooo

25 minutes ago, LindseyM1984 said:

Another Texan! I’m in Lubbock! What about you? I also have three half sweet half monster kiddos! 

3 hours ago, mands said:

To everyone panicking (also me): I just sent an email to my counselor to ask what the timeline is for me, aka when the next round of interviews are. I'll keep you posted, he usually replies quick! 

I'm panicking too!! and just joined the PA forum as I saw someone suggest it in the pre-pa and pa facebook group! Please let us know what the admissions counselor says... I have butterflies in my stomach every day. Good luck to everyone!

6 minutes ago, nicolewantstobeapa said:

I'm panicking too!! and just joined the PA forum as I saw someone suggest it in the pre-pa and pa facebook group! Please let us know what the admissions counselor says... I have butterflies in my stomach every day. Good luck to everyone!

Hey no panicking 🤪🤪 Same to you!