2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Hi everyone, I also received an interview invite this morning. Just want to say hi and feel very excited to join the conversation finally. Congrats to everyone who received interview invites today! My heart was with everyone on this forum since last week. Congratulations to the new cohort of Yale PA for this cycle! I know many people already mentioned this is one of the best PA forum groups I've seen. I saw many inspiring future PAs who are very helpful and supportive to each other. I am also a non-traditional applicant (A mom with a young child). Hopefully, I will have this honor to join your Facebook group, too. Nice to meeting everyone!  Hello from California💖

• Like 3

Hi everyone, I also received an interview invite this morning. Just want to say hi and feel very excited to join the conversation finally. Congrats to everyone who received interview invites today! My heart was with everyone on this forum since last week. Congratulations to the new cohort of Yale PA for this cycle! I know many people already mentioned this is one of the best PA forum groups I've seen. I saw many inspiring future PAs who are very helpful and supportive to each other. I am also a non-traditional applicant (A mom with a young child). Hopefully, I will have this honor to join your Facebook group, too. Nice to meeting everyone!  Hello from California[emoji178]

Cali mom here too! Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, PrePAABGL said:

Hi everyone, I also received an interview invite this morning. Just want to say hi and feel very excited to join the conversation finally. Congrats to everyone who received interview invites today! My heart was with everyone on this forum since last week. Congratulations to the new cohort of Yale PA for this cycle! I know many people already mentioned this is one of the best PA forum groups I've seen. I saw many inspiring future PAs who are very helpful and supportive to each other. I am also a non-traditional applicant (A mom with a young child). Hopefully, I will have this honor to join your Facebook group, too. Nice to meeting everyone!  Hello from California💖

Also a mom and soon to be in Cali.

welcome ☺️

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tsmith29 said:

I guess I’ll introduce myself as well. I’m also a mom... of a good boy with 4 paws, floppy ears, and a wet nose!🐾 and I’m living in North Carolina. 

Hello fellow dog mom! I don't know about you, but my pup has been helping to keep me calm and grounded during all of this craziness! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PrePAABGL said:

Hi CLBluebonnet, I believe you are an amazing mother who balances between family, career, and school very well. Your story is so inspiring! I am so grateful to be this forum with many future PA moms. 😃

Awww! Thank you! If it helps, my kids also drive me nuts and sometimes "good parenting" involves more television than I'd usually allow. There were also several "fire drills" during quarantine where they were locked out of the house for a couple hours (don't panic, there was a water hose and plenty of trees the boys could use!). Sometimes "balance" is letting the ball drop that you know will bounce ❤️ 

But I'm SO glad it LOOKS like I have my ducks in a row, lol! 

• Like 4

Hello ! I just got an interview and was wondering how long your interviews lasted if you are willing to share. The week that was offer to me was also a week that my employee will be on vacation. I work in a cath lab and we are unfortunately on-call the whole time he will be off. This means that I had to schedule both of mine on the same day and within 30 mins of each-other (I am already freaking out) since this is the only time/day my manager can cover 😞 I just don't want to miss one while I am doing the other one. 

Also!!!! I just wanted to say you guys are all rockstars and love how much you support each other. I would be extremely grateful to work alongside any of you. 

• Like 1

Hello ! I just got an interview and was wondering how long your interviews lasted if you are willing to share. The week that was offer to me was also a week that my employee will be on vacation. I work in a cath lab and we are unfortunately on-call the whole time he will be off. This means that I had to schedule both of mine on the same day and within 30 mins of each-other (I am already freaking out) since this is the only time/day my manager can cover [emoji20] I just don't want to miss one while I am doing the other one. 

Also!!!! I just wanted to say you guys are all rockstars and love how much you support each other. I would be extremely grateful to work alongside any of you. 

I believe the time blocks are for 30 min, that’s what my email says. Might be tight but it should work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Arelyy21 said:

Hello ! I just got an interview and was wondering how long your interviews lasted if you are willing to share. The week that was offer to me was also a week that my employee will be on vacation. I work in a cath lab and we are unfortunately on-call the whole time he will be off. This means that I had to schedule both of mine on the same day and within 30 mins of each-other (I am already freaking out) since this is the only time/day my manager can cover 😞 I just don't want to miss one while I am doing the other one. 

Hello! I actually interviewed on the same day right after the other and I’m glad I did. For me, I was able to get nerves out in the beginning and it went smoother as time went on. If I were to have done them on separate days, I think I would have started over as far as nerves go. 

Just now, Sarahjane said:

Hello! I actually interviewed on the same day right after the other and I’m glad I did. For me, I was able to get nerves out in the beginning and it went smoother as time went on. If I were to have done them on separate days, I think I would have started over as far as nerves go. 

OMG THANK YOU!!!! so does this mean it ended right at 30 mins? or before? I was just super worried the first one would take longer and therefore making me late to the second one. I totally agree ! I would be a nervous wreck if I had to do to them on different days (props to those who did and can hold it together!) 

17 minutes ago, Arelyy21 said:

OMG THANK YOU!!!! so does this mean it ended right at 30 mins? or before? I was just super worried the first one would take longer and therefore making me late to the second one. I totally agree ! I would be a nervous wreck if I had to do to them on different days (props to those who did and can hold it together!) 

Of course! Yeah they won’t go over and 30 minutes in between is just enough for a snack / bathroom break. You got this!