2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Hi Everyone!

I'm a longtime lurker on this forum (all 43 pages from the beginning just biding my time lol) but first time poster. I'm delighted to say I got an interview invite this morning!!! I seriously love how supportive this group is.

A little about me: I'm 26, married, and live in NW Indiana about a 35 minute drive from Chicago. I got my Bachelor's degree in Bio in 2016 and have been working in various aspects of healthcare since. I've worked as an ER scribe for 4+ years, an ENT Medical Assistant in an outpatient office FT for 1 year, and currently work as an ER tech. I love that this program caters to ADULT learners...I hope to join the cohort with all you amazing souls 🙂 

I'll share my submission dates etc. below since it helps gauge where we all fall on their schedule! My Yale admissions counselor has called me 2 times throughout this process to verify pre-reqs and that I submitted supp. fee, but I didn't remember those dates. Good luck everyone!

-Submitted CASPA 5/26/20

-CASPA verified 6/2/20 (delayed due to transcript being mailed)

-Yale emailed that they received supp. fee 6/5/20

-Yale emailed app was "under review" 6/9/20

-Interview Invite. TODAY 🙂 6/22/20

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, EmWald19 said:

Hi Everyone!

I'm a longtime lurker on this forum (all 43 pages from the beginning just biding my time lol) but first time poster. I'm delighted to say I got an interview invite this morning!!! I seriously love how supportive this group is.

A little about me: I'm 26, married, and live in NW Indiana about a 35 minute drive from Chicago. I got my Bachelor's degree in Bio in 2016 and have been working in various aspects of healthcare since. I've worked as an ER scribe for 4+ years, an ENT Medical Assistant in an outpatient office FT for 1 year, and currently work as an ER tech. I love that this program caters to ADULT learners...I hope to join the cohort with all you amazing souls 🙂 

I'll share my submission dates etc. below since it helps gauge where we all fall on their schedule! My Yale admissions counselor has called me 2 times throughout this process to verify pre-reqs and that I submitted supp. fee, but I didn't remember those dates. Good luck everyone!

-Submitted CASPA 5/26/20

-CASPA verified 6/2/20 (delayed due to transcript being mailed)

-Yale emailed that they received supp. fee 6/5/20

-Yale emailed app was "under review" 6/9/20

-Interview Invite. TODAY 🙂 6/22/20

Welcome! Thanks for that breakdown! It is very helpful!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest PA4day
12 minutes ago, Tsmith29 said:

Does anyone know how long they give out interview invites? Like is it possible to receive one by the end of the day today? Sorry, I’m getting nervous. 

I second this! 🤯

1 minute ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Congrats!   I hope to hear something soon. My app went under review Saturday so I’m sure it may still be a few days. Cue the anxiety. 

Me too. Seems like most those offered were under review about a week before we were, so hopefully they are still reviewing ours? Ugh, the wait it just evil.

Guest mands

Of course this morning is when I got the email that my application fee was received. Now to wait for the "under review" email. I hope this happens sooner than later so I can join this round of interviews, if that's even possible!! 

Congrats to all who got an interview, very jealous 😢   :') ❤️ 

Edited by mands

Guest mands
14 minutes ago, thelongglass said:

I also got an invitation early this morning to interview! What a relief! @mands It won't be long now!

It is a real shame we won't be able to meet each other in person on an interview day, but I know I will be more comfortable and focused in my own home interviewing over Zoom!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, YAS, YAS ,YAS, YAAAS!!! ❤️ 

Edited by mands

Just wanted to say. Thank you all for the kind words after my rejection fro this program. I am elated to share that I was offered a seat off the waitlist at a school I applied to last cycle. I start in the fall! I wish you all the very best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Guest mands
Just now, osperez said:

Just wanted to say. Thank you all for the kind words after my rejection fro this program. I am elated to share that I was offered a seat off the waitlist at a school I applied to last cycle. I start in the fall! I wish you all the very best!

YESSSSS PA-S!!!! GO GET EM! 

Guest PA4day
1 minute ago, osperez said:

So happy for you!!!