2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

19 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

Oh ok. Yeah that’s how mine reads also. I took that to mean You will be the second academic interview that day (Friday). My academic one is #4. My personal one is #2. Mine is midday and the 4th one so I would think that means yours is in the morning since you are second. Someone would be in front of you and between us. I hope I explained that right lol 😂 

I am getting so nervous. My interview is next Wednesday and I don't see where it says any numbers...

5 minutes ago, PAFarhat2B said:

I am getting so nervous. My interview is next Wednesday and I don't see where it says any numbers...

On the bottom of your interview email confirmation page there is a little calendar looking thing. Click on it and it brings up your appointment. On the top in bold is where the number is. 

Edited by Krystalized

1 minute ago, Hkane said:

Did anyone get interview invites this week? My application was received last Thursday so I’ve been figuratively biting my nails waiting to see if I get an invite.

Mine was under review last Monday 5/19 - right after they gave out interview spots - and I still have not heard back anything yet! Keep your head up! 

Hi Everyone!

I found this forum today. I am very glad to know that I am not alone and all those who I may learning with in the future are so encouraging! I have a question. I am late to the party and I finally was able to submit my application today. How will I know when my application is "under review?" Sanjay called me over a week ago to let me know my application is under review which seemed random as I had not submitted my CASPA application yet. Is there a physical place to check your application status? Thanks in advance!

I schedule both my Academic and Personal interviews on the same day (next Wed). I've been trying to think of how to prepare and not stumble my words, sometimes things sound so good in my mind and then get jumbled on the way out! If anyone happens to see me walking around my neighborhood talking to myself, at least you know why!!

Best of luck to everyone with interviews next week!! Hope we're future classmates 🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, glasseden said:

My CASPA was submitted and verified this past monday 5/25, and my CASPer was already done and money was sent. I havent received a call or email saying my app was under review... should I be worried??

I don’t think you should worry at all. I do think you should follow up. On Caspa what does it say under Yale? If it says complete and you haven’t received the email from Yale then I would contact your admissions counselor and just verify that it didn’t get hung up or if there is a question on something. Don’t worry tho. The Caspa will show you were verified before the deadline! Let us know. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, LindseyM1984 said:

Hi Everyone!

I found this forum today. I am very glad to know that I am not alone and all those who I may learning with in the future are so encouraging! I have a question. I am late to the party and I finally was able to submit my application today. How will I know when my application is "under review?" Sanjay called me over a week ago to let me know my application is under review which seemed random as I had not submitted my CASPA application yet. Is there a physical place to check your application status? Thanks in advance!

On Caspa under the status tab it will tell you the status of your app until it hits verification status. Once it is verified Caspa notifies Yale that it is and then the rest is on Yale. From what we have seen on this forum once the application is verified Yale will send an email or a call to let you know it is under review. It’s weird they already told you it was under review before you had submitted so I would just watch for the verification and if you don’t get an email saying under review I would contact Sanjay to touch base. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Krystalized said:

I don’t think you should worry at all. I do think you should follow up. On Caspa what does it say under Yale? If it says complete and you haven’t received the email from Yale then I would contact your admissions counselor and just verify that it didn’t get hung up or if there is a question on something. Don’t worry tho. The Caspa will show you were verified before the deadline! Let us know. 

Thanks for replying! On CASPA, it says "verified" under the application status for Yale. I guess I'm a little hesitant to reach out to my admissions counselor because I don't want to seem annoying hahaha it has only been 3 business days after all. ?However, none of my school have sent me anything saying they received my app so I am a little concerned. If I may ask, how soon after verification did you guys get that email/phone call?

7 minutes ago, glasseden said:

Thanks for replying! On CASPA, it says "verified" under the application status for Yale. I guess I'm a little hesitant to reach out to my admissions counselor because I don't want to seem annoying hahaha it has only been 3 business days after all. ?However, none of my school have sent me anything saying they received my app so I am a little concerned. If I may ask, how soon after verification did you guys get that email/phone call?

I don't blame you for not wanting to come across as pushy or anything, but I don't think there is anything wrong with double checking if you are concerned. We all are nervous and want to make sure our documents are in haha You may have already done so, but make sure to check your spam folder 😅 . However, as long as it says "verified" in CASPA, I think you should be fine. Perhaps if you don't hear anything by this afternoon or even Monday, send them an email or just call.  

1 hour ago, glasseden said:

It all happened fairly quickly for me (a few days), but I submitted early. It might be that the wait-times get longer as more people send in their applications. I appreciate how communicative the admissions counselors are, and how encouraging. I called Grace because in my interview email body, it said "all times are EST" but in the confirmation times listed it had "CST". I was pretty sure the times were CST, but didn't want to mess up something so simple. She was very understanding and confirmed the interview times. 

I've been through the cycle 3 times, and Yale is the most communicative school I've worked with. I had many never tell me they received applications at all.....one school changed their interview timeline completely but never told us. There was a week where all the students on the forum were edgy as a result. This same school also said they would give feedback, and despite 8 attempts spaced out over 3 months, never got back to me. 

This is a very long way of saying, being a little patient is good, but being proactive is how you make sure nothing fell through the cracks. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, CLBluebonnet said:

It all happened fairly quickly for me (a few days), but I submitted early. It might be that the wait-times get longer as more people send in their applications. I appreciate how communicative the admissions counselors are, and how encouraging. I called Grace because in my interview email body, it said "all times are EST" but in the confirmation times listed it had "CST". I was pretty sure the times were CST, but didn't want to mess up something so simple. She was very understanding and confirmed the interview times. 

I've been through the cycle 3 times, and Yale is the most communicative school I've worked with. I had many never tell me they received applications at all.....one school changed their interview timeline completely but never told us. There was a week where all the students on the forum were edgy as a result. This same school also said they would give feedback, and despite 8 attempts spaced out over 3 months, never got back to me. 

This is a very long way of saying, being a little patient is good, but being proactive is how you make sure nothing fell through the cracks. 

So are the time EST?

2 hours ago, glasseden said:

My app verified at 0150 am in a Friday morning and I got the Yale email and 0636 the same morning

• Upvote 1

My heart started racing a little when I got a call from Yale today, but it was just Brian calling to see if I had any questions. Hopefully another round of emails are coming out soon! 

Oh goodness I’m with ya on that! wonder if they will be doing another information session [emoji848]

Apparently my quarter courses are .4 credits short of the requirements [emoji849] I might be able to swing it since I had these courses approved last year, but if not...does anyone know a way to get half a credit for stats and micro? [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently my quarter courses are .4 credits short of the requirements [emoji849] I might be able to swing it since I had these courses approved last year, but if not...does anyone know a way to get half a credit for stats and micro? [emoji51]

Maybe see if you can take a micro lab somewhere?

3 minutes ago, Janieg78 said:

Apparently my quarter courses are .4 credits short of the requirements emoji849.png I might be able to swing it since I had these courses approved last year, but if not...does anyone know a way to get half a credit for stats and micro? emoji51.png

Oh no! I'm sorry 😕 I am not sure about a half of a credit. I'm not sure if you are still enrolled in the school, but perhaps try and call them and see if they can offer any advice?