2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

3 hours ago, Krystalized said:

I’m sorry to hear that this happened to you! I hope that you don’t give up because sooooo many others who received a rejection are now very successful PAs. That will be you! Is there a reason that Yale is your only choice? If it’s the hybrid thing and not be able to attend a school 8-5 everyday (like me!) then have you heard of UND? It’s different than Yale but something to consider maybe. If not I hope you take this next year to do whatever it takes to get in next year! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!!

It was because of their mission statement + the hybrid curriculum. I was also looking into UND but it seems like their rotations are only in primary care. My main interest lies in that field but I think I would also like to have the flexibility of switching specialties down the road if need be, which I'm guessing would be easier if I were to have rotations in other specialties during the program. 😞  I will definitely be applying next year anyways, just super disappointed to be rejected this early! Thank you for the kind words ❤️ I wish you the best of luck this cycle!!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Elliott2019 said:

Stupid question... but reading the "questions" under the Yale tab on CASPA, the first question introduces the Yale program as a program focused on "primary care"; what if I have no intentions to work in primary care? I'm more focused on surgery as my goal. 

What did you guys do? 

@Elliott2019 - It's not a stupid question! A PA-C can practice how they like. Some programs focus more on Sx, some offer additional rotation opportunities that could be sx subsets beyond what's required for accreditation. There are sx residencies you can apply for afterwards. ALL that being said....programs that are forthcoming with things like that usually keep it as their focus. It's kind of like online dating, you have a profile, the other person has a profile, and both of you really want to find a good match. If you KNOW you want Sx, it might be better for you to find programs that support that. How great would it be to have a Sx PA mentor or a program with contacts in that community?! 

Just my 2 cents 🙂

6 hours ago, alimac23 said:

Just got a rejection without an interview offer. Really disappointed as this was my top (and only) choice. Good luck to the rest of you!

University of Madison- WI also has a distance-learning program if that is one of the qualities that are important to you. Their admissions team is very helpful and will look over transcripts and talk with you about them and the program to see if it would be a good match. 

❤️ Hang in there.....This is my 3rd cycle

• Like 3

19 hours ago, alimac23 said:

Just got a rejection without an interview offer. Really disappointed as this was my top (and only) choice. Good luck to the rest of you!

Im so sorry. If this is your dream, DO NOT give up! Maybe you could email and ask what areas you could improve and work on those for next cycle. Keep your head up, and know its not the end of your journey!

How are yall preparing for the interviews?! I have no clue! I feel like I have pretty good interpersonal skills so I'm just going to wing it I guess?! Any advice? I wish I knew what questions they were going to ask. I cant quit thinking about it!!!

Also, just checked CASPer. Scored and delivered. Also wondering if they will go over/discuss that with us....

35 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

Two separate interviews with two different people interviewing you 🙂

Yes. I know that part lol. I was referring to the wording on her interview confirmation. Mine says interview #2 which I assume means for that day and she said hers says “interviewER #2” meaning a different interviewER. 

1 minute ago, Krystalized said:

Yes. I know that part lol. I was referring to the wording on her interview confirmation. Mine says interview #2 which I assume means for that day and she said hers says “interviewER #2” meaning a different interviewER. 

No it doesnt say interviewer it just says interview #2 with interview #2

19 minutes ago, Abhowe89 said:

@Krystalized it says academic interview with academic interview #2. Also, I took my CASper on 5/20 still says score pending anyone else take it that day and have scores yet?

Oh ok. Yeah that’s how mine reads also. I took that to mean You will be the second academic interview that day (Friday). My academic one is #4. My personal one is #2. Mine is midday and the 4th one so I would think that means yours is in the morning since you are second. Someone would be in front of you and between us. I hope I explained that right lol 😂 

Edited by Krystalized