University of Tampa 2019-2020

43 minutes ago, Nc0113 said:

I’m beginning to feel a little discouraged as I have not received any communication from UT 😞 

best of luck to everyone else!

I'm in the same boat as you! I emailed them on 10/14 just confirming that my application was complete due to a missing reference and they responded right away. I then emailed them on 10/31 regarding my status and still haven't heard back.

48 minutes ago, hopefullyapasoon said:

This is a general question but do some programs not send emails at all to applicants who were not selected for interviews just to inform them?

That’s a good question! I’m not sure about other programs, but UT sent out emails to applicants who were not going to receive interviews about two or three days after they initially sent out interview invites on October 18th. I believe if you haven’t heard anything regarding rejections or interviews, then you are still being considered for a potential interview invite 🙂

• Like 1

Hi everyone-

New to this Forum. I am from SLC, UT and I received an invite to interview on 10/28. I will be interviewing on 11/24-11/25. When I spoke with Christina on the phone to confirm my interview, I asked her if the other interview dates filled up that quickly because the only interview dates available was for 11/3 and 11/24. She told me they were filled because those were part of the original interview invites that went out on 10/18 for their top 120 candidates. As people denied their interviews they started dipping into their waitlisted candidates. Apparently I was on the waitlist but didn’t know it. Who knows where I was on the list, but I’m grateful and very excited for this opportunity and look forward to meeting others interviewing with me!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just interviewed at UT on the 10th and 11th.  It was a super enjoyable experience.  It's a beautiful campus, and top notch program.  The staff is uber-experienced and very active in advancing the PA profession.  The program package is nothing short of amazing there.      

The MMI goes quick and you only get the standard amount of time to respond to your MMI prompt.  It's pretty standard as far as MMIs go.  Prepping yourself by having some standard interview question responses in mind will definitely help anyone that has an upcoming interview.  

Edited by nicksnick717
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, nicksnick717 said:

I just interviewed at UT on the 10th and 11th.  It was a super enjoyable experience.  It's a beautiful campus, and top notch program.  The staff is uber-experienced and very active in advancing the PA profession.  The program package is nothing short of amazing there.      

The MMI goes quick and you only get 6 minutes to get in everything you want to say.  Prepping yourself by having some standard interview question responses in mind will definitely help anyone that has an upcoming interview with them.  

6 minutes????

5 hours ago, nicksnick717 said:

The MMI goes quick and you only get 6 minutes to get in everything you want to say.  Prepping yourself by having some standard interview question responses in mind will definitely help anyone that has an upcoming interview with them.  

I have an interview with Utah on the 21st

On 11/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, Benolda said:

6 minutes????

6 Minutes for each station. They are done in 10 minute intervals.... 2 minutes to read the prompt, 6 minutes inside with the interviewer, and then 2 minutes break for you while the interviewer gives feedback. Some of the stations you take the entire 6 minutes, while others you can answer the prompt rather quickly. But the interviewer has follow up questions to keep the conversation going for the entire time. So for some of the stations, 6 minutes is not at all enough time, while others it's plenty. In the ones where you think you might need more time, make sure to hit the major take home messages first before going into smaller details. It's really not that bad honestly. Think of every station as another chance to make an impression. Any stations prior, just let them go. It's likely you'll have at least one station where you will feel weaker than others. Each one is a completely new slate!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/12/2019 at 1:58 PM, nicksnick717 said:

The MMI goes quick and you only get the standard amount of time to respond to your MMI prompt.  It's pretty standard as far as MMIs go.  Prepping yourself by having some standard interview question responses in mind will definitely help anyone that has an upcoming interview.  

Are you able to shed any light on the writing portion? It’s totally ok if not, I know students from last year were not really able to talk about their process due to confidentiality but hey, I thought I would ask anyway...,best of luck to you with interviews! 

Ahh okay thanks. I just don’t understand why some applicants received emails saying they weren’t offered an interview while others, including myself, haven’t heard anything at all.

From my understanding, if you didnt receive a rejection letter that meant you were in a sort of waitlist for an interview. In case someone declined their interview invitation then they would move down the list and invite more applicants. Atleast thats what I understood from what christina told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Examples are listed on the UT PA admissions website. 

The following count toward leadership. (This is not an exclusive list. If there are activities or events you feel should be counted in the category of leadership/maturity, please list them on the application.)

• Intercollegiate athlete of any type — one year for each season (includes dance, cheer and/or athletic trainer/manager for team)
  • Leadership role in fraternity/sorority or other professional organization/club or student government (must be an executive leadership position such as president, vice president or committee chair — being a member of a club does not count as leadership)
  • Worked at least 15 hours per week while attending college as a full time student
  • Service in the military — one year for one year of service
  • Other non-college related leadership roles within the community or at one’s place of employment such as serving on city council or filling the role of manager — one year for one year of service