University of Tampa 2019-2020

Hey guys,

Looks like they moved this thread from the "schools under development" section to this section, so I figured I would start a new thread for the 2019-2020 applicants!

I submitted my CASPA app on June 10th. 

Confirmation email received on June 18th.

UTampa is not under rolling admissions. Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!

11 hours ago, johncfl said:

I’ve visited the program twice and met several of the directors. The facility is state of the art and faculty seem like really great people. Also, I already live in Florida and would really prefer not to move out of state if I can help it. 

How did you go about visiting the program?

Hey everyone,

I just realized UTampa has General Bio II as a prerequisite with no substitutions. My degree didn’t require me to take General Bio II, but I’ve taken tons of higher level biologies (such as Molec Bio I and II). Is it worth calling them to ask/submit their petition form to see if they will substitute it? Has anyone else encountered this dilemma? 

Any advice is appreciated.

1 minute ago, Kyoung said:

Does this program not look at overall GPA? Do they just consider the last 60 hours?

They do, but they prefer the last 60 over the overall gpa. They’re very strong on an upward trend, which i think is much better than a lot of other schools. If you look on their website, they have a PowerPoint with stats of their last accepted class and the stat profile. The last 60 credits is on there.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a question if anyone knows. It says on the University of Tampa PA site under FAQ's that interview invitations will be extended by Oct. 18, 2019. Applicants not selected for an interview will be informed by the beginning of January, when the interview cycle has concluded. On the other hand I received an email from the school saying my application is verified and being reviewed and that interview invitations would be sent out ON October 18th??? Which one is correct? 

19 hours ago, DOCRAH said:

Had a question if anyone knows. It says on the University of Tampa PA site under FAQ's that interview invitations will be extended by Oct. 18, 2019. Applicants not selected for an interview will be informed by the beginning of January, when the interview cycle has concluded. On the other hand I received an email from the school saying my application is verified and being reviewed and that interview invitations would be sent out ON October 18th??? Which one is correct? 

Good question, I was wondering the same. I guess we would have to call to find out.

19 hours ago, DOCRAH said:

I'd just assume they're sending them out on the 18th of October, because the email also says the interviews will be in November so that would make sense in terms of giving applicants enough time to make arrangements.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, DOCRAH said:

I called them and they told me they would be sending out invites AROUND 10/18, and that if I don’t hear back BY the 18th that probably means I didn’t get one. 

P.S. Sorry about, CAPS. Not yelling, just emphasizing. Ha

Hope this answers your question!

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, Pagirl4023 said:

What’s everyone’s stats that’s applying this cycle? 

Overall Gpa: 3.67

SciGpa: 3.63

Junior/senior year gpa: 3.8

pre-req gpa: 3.52

Pce: 1500 hours ER scribe, 1830 hours OR autotransfusionist

shadowing: 175 hours

I have taken 3/4 of the preferred classes as well. Hoping I get the opportunity to interview

On 8/27/2019 at 5:55 PM, Pagirl4023 said:

What’s everyone’s stats that’s applying this cycle? 

Overall GPA 3.66

Science GPA 3.53

post bacc GPA 4.0

prereq GPA 4.0 (one class outstanding--statistics, though I took this before just repeating bc it was over 10 years ago)

PCE 4,824 hours (medical scribe)

HCE 12,932 hours

Shadowing 55 hours