University of Tampa 2019-2020

Interviewing on 11/3-11/4!

This is the first part of the email that was sent:

"You've been invited to interview with The University of Tampa's Physician Assistant Medicine program!

There are 4 different interview weekends available. Please choose the link corresponding to the one interview date desired and submit the RSVP survey to reserve your spot by Monday, 10/21/19 at 5:00 pm ET. Once you complete the survey, I will reach out to you individually by phone within one business day. Once a date is full, the link will no longer accept submissions."

I would predict that offers for interviews that were canceled or rejected will more than likely be sent out after the deadline in bold above...

Hope this helps! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jameswhit said:

Interviewing on 11/3-11/4!

This is the first part of the email that was sent:

"You've been invited to interview with The University of Tampa's Physician Assistant Medicine program!

There are 4 different interview weekends available. Please choose the link corresponding to the one interview date desired and submit the RSVP survey to reserve your spot by Monday, 10/21/19 at 5:00 pm ET. Once you complete the survey, I will reach out to you individually by phone within one business day. Once a date is full, the link will no longer accept submissions."

I would predict that offers for interviews that were canceled or rejected will more than likely be sent out after the deadline in bold above...

Hope this helps! 

Keeping hope alive..

• Like 2

Just a thought but do you think that b/c this is a newer school and they are on provisional accreditation that they are only interviewing people with perfect if not near perfect stats even though it says 3.0 last 60 hrs and 3.0 for the pre-reqs? I had 4 out of the 8 program preferences when you needed only 2, had around a 3.4 in both last 60 hrs & the pre-reqs, I know I had great letters of recommendation, and my patient care experience fell in the moderate range with 10k + hrs, and I applied super early in May??? Head scratcher to me that's all. Doesn't mean I won't excel in the program if I don't have a 3.9-4.0 in everything and have all 8 preferences, etc.

Edited by DOCRAH
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DOCRAH said:

Just a thought but do you think that b/c this is a newer school and they are on provisional accreditation that they are only interviewing people with perfect if not near perfect stats even though it says 3.0 last 60 hrs and 3.0 for the pre-reqs? I had 4 out of the 8 program preferences when you needed only 2, had around a 3.4 in both last 60 hrs & the pre-reqs, I know I had great letters of recommendation, and my patient care experience fell in the moderate range with 10k + hrs??? Head scratcher to me that's all. Doesn't mean I won't excel in the program if I don't have a 3.9-4.0 in everything and have all 8 preferences, etc.

That's very thought provoking. I am in the same boat as you. And I think that could potentially be the case. This would be their inaugural cohort so they could be trying to play safe. I just knew I was getting an interview here with my exceeding expectations.

2 minutes ago, dombank said:

That's very thought provoking. I am in the same boat as you. And I think that could potentially be the case. This would be their inaugural cohort so they could be trying to play safe. I just knew I was getting an interview here with my exceeding expectations.

You & me both. I just felt that the requirements were tailor made for me. I was beyond ecstatic when I found out there was a program that I had a legitimate shot to matriculate into. It's most unfortunate but hopefully some people will decline their interviews b/c they were admitted to other choices and maybe we will be selected as alternates. I don't care if I'm picked first or last, I just want to get into a PA program and start changing lives and the world for the better through medicine...that's all I want is a chance...don't think that's too much to ask.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DOCRAH said:

You & me both. I just felt that the requirements were tailor made for me. I was beyond ecstatic when I found out there was a program that I had a legitimate shot to matriculate into. It's most unfortunate but hopefully some people will decline their interviews b/c they were admitted to other choices and maybe we will be selected as alternates. I don't care if I'm picked first or last, I just want to get into a PA program and start changing lives and the world for the better through medicine...that's all I want is a chance...don't think that's too much to ask.  

You sound like me!!! I just need a chance. I say that every day and pray that the chance arises. Until then, I will continue to try, apply, and take science course. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DOCRAH said:

Just a thought but do you think that b/c this is a newer school and they are on provisional accreditation that they are only interviewing people with perfect if not near perfect stats even though it says 3.0 last 60 hrs and 3.0 for the pre-reqs? I had 4 out of the 8 program preferences when you needed only 2, had around a 3.4 in both last 60 hrs & the pre-reqs, I know I had great letters of recommendation, and my patient care experience fell in the moderate range with 10k + hrs, and I applied super early in May??? Head scratcher to me that's all. Doesn't mean I won't excel in the program if I don't have a 3.9-4.0 in everything and have all 8 preferences, etc.

I can tell you that I received an interview and I am not considered a competitive applicant. I have about 4 of the “preferences”, my last 60 is high but my overall GPA is low and my prereq was average. I have about 4000 hours of PCE when I submitted my application which fell under the moderate range as well. Hopefully there will be a second round sent out and you will be offered a interview because you have a lot of PCE!!

Edited by BecomingPAs
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Interviewing 11/24-25! I would imagine they won't send out rejections until after the final interview dates (unless you're a hard no), as people could potentially decline interviews up until the day of and they will want to fill those spots. 

I would strongly discourage you all from comparing stats. I have received interviews from multiple schools and everyone's stats are all over the place for those I have interviewed with. For the school I received a rejection from, I had better stats than some people on the forums that got interviews and worse stats than others that received interviews. There is a lot that goes into the selection process and you never know exactly what a school is looking for. Also, meeting minimum requirements doesn't mean you automatically deserve an interview. Schools look at the big picture. With that said, personal statements play a large role in interview invites for many schools, and that is a pretty subjective thing. Plus, you never know exactly the caliber of LORs other people are getting (or yourself for that matter if you didn't actually see what your recommender wrote)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2