University of Tampa 2019-2020

Hello everyone! Best of luck to you all!

Yes, I was hoping at least someone would have posted about an interview invitation by now. If it is only 120 prospects being interviewed it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they would send them all on the day of the 18th... (it's just super painful to make us wait until that day! 🙂)

Amazing stats to the people who posted! 

GPA: 3.33,  Last 60 GPA: 3.99

PCE: 20,000hrs + including Veteran PCE: 5 yrs

Volunteer: 30hrs, Leadership (not sure how it calculated - 9yrs)

FYI: One thing that happened to me which I wish I would have known, is I submitted my application as early as possible in May, was verified in June by the school. Afterwards, my petition for substitute pre-req for GEN BIO II was denied after I submitted my application. I took the BIO II course that I needed last minute during Summer quarter only to find out that when you submit your application, the courses that are "in progress" will not be factored into your GPA calculated from CASPA once they are finished. Even if they are completed before the deadline are not recalculated. I did really well during my quarter "in progress" at the time of submission and could have used the boost in GPA before the Sept 1st deadline.

I hope this makes sense, the moral of the story is that sometimes it is beneficial to submit later during the application cycle to make sure all the classes get factored toward the CASPA gpa. Maybe the UT PA program admissions will be able to consider the classes that are completed and it will be alright in the end....

Edited by jameswhit
revision grammar

13 minutes ago, agreen21 said:

I couldn’t help myself so I called them and they said we should hear something before 5pm. Also they said that if any of the 120 people decline their interviews they will invite more to make sure they interview a total of 120. 

I'm glad you called because that was about to be my next step!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2