University of Tampa 2019-2020

52 minutes ago, PrePA2411 said:

They told me I would receive an email but I didn’t get one...how about you? 

I was told our deposit was due by January 10th. They said I would get an email and something about CASPA. Honestly I was so excited after getting the call that I didn’t hear much after hearing the words “would we like to extend you an offer”

Edited by baj0411

53 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Do we think they called all 48 yesterday? Anybody know when we will get the waitlist? #losingmymind

I was accepted by phone and they haven’t sent us an email yet so I’m guessing they probably will do that and the waitlist emails sometime soon. I was wait listed last year, they had sent us an email letting us know and attached a google doc with everyone’s rankings on the list (they use your caspa ID’s so your names won’t be posted) and every time someone was called off the waitlist you would see your ranking move up a spot. Last year I remember it moving a pretty good amount so don’t lose hope! Im not sure if it’s the same process this year but if so at least you would see what number you are on the list. I don’t know if they finished calling all 48 but the school doesn’t start until August so there’s still plenty of time for people to receive acceptances to other schools and drop their seats to UT. Hope that’s helpful! 

Edited by gee123
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, gee123 said:

I was accepted by phone and they haven’t sent us an email yet so I’m guessing they probably will do that and the waitlist emails sometime soon. I was wait listed last year, they had sent us an email letting us know and attached a google doc with everyone’s rankings on the list (they use your caspa ID’s so your names won’t be posted) and every time someone was called off the waitlist you would see your ranking move up a spot. Last year I remember it moving a pretty good amount so don’t lose hope! Im not sure if it’s the same process this year but if so at least you would see what number you are on the list. I don’t know if they finished calling all 48 but the school doesn’t start until August so there’s still plenty of time for people to receive acceptances to other schools and drop their seats to UT. Hope that’s helpful! 

Most schools make their waitlist as long as their class size. Was Tampa's waitlist last year 48 people long?

1 hour ago, baj0411 said:

For those accepted into the program is anyone from the Tampa area? I will be relocating with my family and would love the opportunity to talk with someone who knows the area and can provide insight into good areas, areas to avoid, areas good for families etc. 

I went to undergrad at USF which is also in tampa. I think the best areas to live would be Lutz, Carrollwood, Brandon, or Wesley chapel area. All really nice communities which are family friendly 😊 in regards to schools if you have school age kids I’m not too sure. 

Yeah me too! I’m pretty far down at #27 so my chances are extremely low. I heard last year 20 students got taken off the list so that means I’m just outside the threshold

:,( 

I hear January 10th is when accepted students have to place their deposits so the 11th would be a good day to check if the list has changed! 

But congrats to the rest of you that got in or are higher up on the waitlist! 🙂 best wishes! 

Edited by gabscc12

23 minutes ago, gabscc12 said:

Yeah me too! I’m pretty far down at #27 so my chances are extremely low. I heard last year 20 students got taken off the list so that means I’m just outside the threshold

:,( 

I hear January 10th is when accepted students have to place their deposits so the 11th would be a good day to check if the list has changed! 

But congrats to the rest of you that got in or are higher up on the waitlist! 🙂 best wishes! 

#34 here. 0% chance for me. 

54 minutes ago, Sceal12 said:

Does anyone remember how much the waitlist moved last year? I’m in the top 10 on the waitlist and hope that is good enough to get in still at this point! My nerves are still going strong! Hah

They pulled 21 last year. I just spoke to Christina bc I’m pretty high on the waitlist too. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...