University of Tampa 2019-2020

Congratulations to everyone that has already received an invite! If you haven’t gotten any good news yet please try not to get discouraged! Keep pushing until you get where you want to be and it will make you that much stronger of an applicant, student, and personal overall. 

I’m in the current class so if anyone has any questions you would like to send my way just message me 🙂 I’ll answer what I can.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Hey i just want to say to all of you to keep on with your dream. I am the father of a daughter who is trying to get into PA school and I can see how very hard and competitive that it is. My heart goes out to all of you. You sound like amazing people and you would make great Physician Assistants. Stay strong and resilient. My daughter is still waiting to hear. She has gotten one firm interview and has been rejected by a number of schools and is in limbo with a few others. The process is hard and difficult but stay the course.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nf1974 said:

Hey i just want to say to all of you to keep on with your dream. I am the father of a daughter who is trying to get into PA school and I can see how very hard and competitive that it is. My heart goes out to all of you. You sound like amazing people and you would make great Physician Assistants. Stay strong and resilient. My daughter is still waiting to hear. She has gotten one firm interview and has been rejected by a number of schools and is in limbo with a few others. The process is hard and difficult but stay the course.

This is so sweet of you. It can be difficult for parents to understand how tough it is getting into grad school, but PA school specifically. With your support I'm sure she won't let her goals waiver! Good luck to your daughter on her endeavors into and through PA school.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/18/2019 at 2:53 PM, Kc2020 said:

Interviewing 11/24-25! I would imagine they won't send out rejections until after the final interview dates (unless you're a hard no), as people could potentially decline interviews up until the day of and they will want to fill those spots. 

I would strongly discourage you all from comparing stats. I have received interviews from multiple schools and everyone's stats are all over the place for those I have interviewed with. For the school I received a rejection from, I had better stats than some people on the forums that got interviews and worse stats than others that received interviews. There is a lot that goes into the selection process and you never know exactly what a school is looking for. Also, meeting minimum requirements doesn't mean you automatically deserve an interview. Schools look at the big picture. With that said, personal statements play a large role in interview invites for many schools, and that is a pretty subjective thing. Plus, you never know exactly the caliber of LORs other people are getting (or yourself for that matter if you didn't actually see what your recommender wrote)

Agreed! It truly is a holistic process for some of the PA programs out there. I'm a 2nd time applicant and this 2nd time around, I'm doing pretty good so far. My cumulative GPA is definitely on the lower end of the spectrum; however, I combated that with about 50 units of post-bacc studies with mostly A's and some pretty unique volunteering and life experiences, diverse PCE, shadowing, etc. 

I have 4 interview invitations (already attended 1 of those interviews) so far and I still have yet to hear back from some of the programs I applied to - no news is good news at this point, I think. 

Stay strong friends!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations to everyone that has already received an invite! If you haven’t gotten any good news yet please try not to get discouraged! Keep pushing until you get where you want to be and it will make you that much stronger of an applicant, student, and personal overall. 

I’m in the current class so if anyone has any questions you would like to send my way just message me [emoji846] I’ll answer what I can.  

Why is the interview a two day process?what is the format of the days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat have not had any communication as yet. Still trying to figure it out; I reached out to the school on Monday the 21st and was advised that by Wednesday majority will know if invited to an interview or not. So hopefully we will hear something soon. Congrats to all who have been invited thus far!

• Upvote 1