University of Tampa 2019-2020

On 10/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, DOCRAH said:

What if you're that person or people who were dealt that bad hand, and now it comes into play and instead of going down the straight and narrow road with sunshine & blue skies, you have to take the path less traveled with bumps, cloudy skies and rain because of certain circumstances that have befallen you & you graduate college at 29 or 30 instead and grad school is the next option but you keep knocking on the door and unfortunately no one will answer or either they do answer through the sliding door viewer like on the movies (ask you some questions=interview) and still don't let you in b/c you didn't have ideal stats or there where just candidates that were better than you (have had that told to me before also from a program director as the reason why I wasn't selected). 

I can totally relate to this. It is painful, and sometimes frustrating, to see younger applicants whizzing right past me during the application process because their parents were able to take proper care of them in life, allowing them to succeed just a little bit more effortlessly -- like not being obligated to help pay all of their bills as soon as you turn 18. I went on one interview where there was a panel of students and professors interviewing me and was asked about the most challenging time of my life, to which I said "finishing my college education". I noticed one of the younger students had given me a 3/5 on her evaluation sheet (I saw this purely by accident)...and boy did that make me angry (inside, of course). That was the most challenging time of my life. I had to help financially support my mom and younger siblings while trying to finish college at the same time. I guess it was my fault for not going into better detail but I addressed that in my personal statement and assumed they were privy to that detail about my past being an open format interview. Lesson learned.

On another note, I love my mom to death and I take great pride in having been able to help her the way that I did.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, DRHRT said:

Why is the interview a two day process?what is the format of the days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a 2 day process because we have to take a 3 hour exam on the first day. UTampa is one of the schools piloting the PA-CAT exam. This exam was designed by two PhDs to see if there is a correlation between doing well on the PA-CAT and doing well in PA school. The hope is that there will be a correlation and it will become the new entrance exam for PA school, rather than the GRE. 

From what I’ve read, how well we do has no merit on our chances of being accepted or not. Right now it’s just about collecting info because there is no evidence yet on the efficacy of the exam 

Day 2 is when we have the tour and go through the MMIs. 

Edited by Cfuhrman

I got my email for an invite on 10/21 at around 11:30. Interviewing on 11/3 and 11/4!

This is my second time applying to the program. For anyone that has been rejected- I highly recommend contacting an admissions counselor and asking what needs to be done to strengthen your application. Don’t give up! Last year I was so upset and embarrassed that I didn’t get an invite because I was 26, had BS in Athletic Training and an MS in Exercise Science and Wellness Promotion, am a UT alum and have been working as an athletic trainer since 2015. Now I’m 27 and gonna be 28 in May. Point is, don’t get discouraged about getting rejected. If it’s something you truly want, keep working towards it and don’t let “being afraid of being too old” stop you. If anything, the older you are, the more real world experience you’ll have- making you a stronger candidate. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, abrooklyn95 said:

Hi everyone, congrats to all who have received interview offers!

Has anyone else still not received any news regarding interviews? Thanks and good luck to all 🙂 

I also still haven’t received any news regarding interviews 😕 I emailed the program and here is what they said 

254D090A-BF33-46DA-8C54-18A27E7A9790.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I'm super excited to share that I just received an interview invitation yesterday! I chose the Nov 3-4 date and I can't wait to meet everyone! I'm also a UT alum and I have only great things to say about my undergraduate experience. UT is an incredible school, with some of the best and brightest faculty and staff I have ever had the pleasure to meet. There is still hope if you are waiting to hear! Stay positive and never give up!

• Like 5

Hi everyone! I am flying into Tampa from DC tomorrow and will land around noon for the interview on Sunday and Monday. My flight is not until later Monday night so I am going to quote everyone who said they will be around for the interview to see if anyone wants to get together before or after the interviews. I would also be down to make a GroupMe for the Nov 3/4 interview group for those of you all that want!

Best of luck everyone to everyone in your interviews at this program and any future potential programs!

On 10/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, Cfuhrman said:

I got my email for an invite on 10/21 at around 11:30. Interviewing on 11/3 and 11/4!

This is my second time applying to the program. For anyone that has been rejected- I highly recommend contacting an admissions counselor and asking what needs to be done to strengthen your application. Don’t give up! Last year I was so upset and embarrassed that I didn’t get an invite because I was 26, had BS in Athletic Training and an MS in Exercise Science and Wellness Promotion, am a UT alum and have been working as an athletic trainer since 2015. Now I’m 27 and gonna be 28 in May. Point is, don’t get discouraged about getting rejected. If it’s something you truly want, keep working towards it and don’t let “being afraid of being too old” stop you. If anything, the older you are, the more real world experience you’ll have- making you a stronger candidate. 

On 10/29/2019 at 3:02 PM, LaurenMarie93 said:

Hey everyone! I'm super excited to share that I just received an interview invitation yesterday! I chose the Nov 3-4 date and I can't wait to meet everyone! I'm also a UT alum and I have only great things to say about my undergraduate experience. UT is an incredible school, with some of the best and brightest faculty and staff I have ever had the pleasure to meet. There is still hope if you are waiting to hear! Stay positive and never give up!

On 10/30/2019 at 5:43 PM, ccorey05 said:

10 hours ago, pitap said:

Interviewing this weekend 11/3 - 11/4 and flying in today:)

If anyone is free later today and wants to meet up let me know!

• Like 1

hey guys good luck on your second half of your interview today!

I received an interview invitation on Saturday this past weekend so there is still hope for many if you!

I will be interviewing on 11/10-11 date if anyone wants to meet up before hand! I live approximately 3 hours away and will be driving in a few hours early.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm late coming into this thread, but am interviewing on the 10th and 11th.  I'm very excited about the prospect of attending the PA Studies program at UT.  Can anyone that has been through the interview processes give any helpful advice without violating their non-disclosure?  

Goodluck to everyone and I wish you all the best.  

• Like 1