Ditto! I received the under review email today as well. Here are some of my dates:

CASPA submitted: 6/20

Verified: 6/23

UTMB supplemental submitted: 6/23

MyStar Access: 6/27

Has anyone heard anything yet? Looking back on last years post people started getting interviews around this time and even before. 

Nothing yet, I just got the "In review" email last week and I submitted in late May. Sounds like they're moving a bit slower this time around.

1 hour ago, majetito said:

Last year the first batch of invite emails were sent on August 25th if you base it only on last years thread.

The first batch was sent on July 26th for an August 28th interview. Then on the 25th they sent invites for a September interview. But they are probably just running a little behind this year :)

52 minutes ago, Gem24 said:

Anyone get an invite yet?? This wait will be the death of me ?

Patience is probably what I should say as my weakness in an interview ?

13 minutes ago, LadyNichiavelli said:

I just noticed that the program got put on probation status last month. I wonder what happened?

Where did you see that??

Edit- just saw it on the website and I wonder why. I'm super sad because this was definitely a top choice program for me!

14 hours ago, futuretxpa said:

Where did you see that??

Edit- just saw it on the website and I wonder why. I'm super sad because this was definitely a top choice program for me!

Don't let it stop you from going to the interview if they invite you! Probation is still an active accreditation status. My only worry is if accreditation is completely lost by the next review in 2019... Maybe it was just a paperwork error that can be easily fixed? That was the problem the first school I interviewed at had and they're fine now. I'm sure this is something that will be explained if we're lucky enough to get an interview.

First time applying. Good luck to everyone. No word on the email for "under review" but just completed the supplemental on 8/1. 

Hey guys! Does anyone know what the class schedule is like at UTMB? I know it's probably different for everyone but just want to get an idea. 

They are probably on probation for recruiting only "24-year-old" females - which is what the faculty-member/presenter at this Summer's first info session emphasized over and over again as their preferred candidates.   

On 8/15/2017 at 11:35 PM, LadyNichiavelli said:

I just noticed that the program got put on probation status last month. I wonder what happened?

Good gosh UTMB.  WTH did you do to screw up a really well rounded program; well at least it was back in the 70's/early 80's?  I bet Richard Rahr (former program director) is shaking his head at you.  You guys are correct.  The probationary status is posted on their website, at least after their website came back online overnight.  You're really making the rest of us WHO MADE YOU WHAT YOU WERE look bad by this misstep.  Same goes for what was your satellite at the former UTPA.

BTW, for any of you planning on attending, or at the least interviewing there, be sure to wash off your car if you're staying anywhere near the water.  I ruined a perfectly good Olds Cutlass decades ago (dependent surfaces paint wise when interviewing one weekend, and then underbody rusting while attending there).

I am looking at the 2016th PENCE Report from UTMB. Their average fell below the national average (95% vs 96% respectively). Could this be a reason for the probation?

From a current student it is a Administrative probation and for the next incoming class it would not have any affect. After this cycle, the probation would effect any cycle afterwards. This is what i have been told by a current student. So need to worry about anything my brothas and sistas. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gro2018 said:

I am looking at the 2016th PENCE Report from UTMB. Their average fell below the national average (95% vs 96% respectively). Could this be a reason for the probation?

By itself.......not even close!

21 minutes ago, syoung236 said:

Hey all,

Current student (PA-S1) here. Was just reminiscing about interviews last year and thought I'd stop in and see how y'all were doing.

First off, it is true that UTMB's PA program was put on probation but, it was administrative as opposed to academic in nature. It primarily had to do with the lack of a consistent director over the past few years. The program had had the same director for most of it's existence and they've gone though 2 or 3 in the years since the former retired. Had nothing to do with the quality of the academics (which are very strong) but more of people not being a good fit (and secondarily due to some drama at the Dean's level). Should that have been caught during the interview process? Perhaps, but these kind of things aren't that uncommon. The program is currently in the process of interviewing three highly qualified candidates and has every expectation to be released from that probation in the Spring of 2019. This will in no way affect current students or applicants ability to graduate or sit for the PANCE. Current students aren't worried about it, if that helps at all.

1st round of Interviews should be in the next couple weeks. UTMB is really good about getting you a decision pretty quick. Some were accepted same day and everyone had an answer in less than 2 weeks. Also, be aware that the wait list is VERY mobile here as well. We had 5 or 6 students pulled from pretty high on the list in May. Kinda hectic with only a month to move, but hey, they made it yeah? (In contrast, Baylor only went through 3 total on the wait list last I heard).

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers.

Believe what you wish.......

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, syoung236 said:

Hey all,

Current student (PA-S1) here. Was just reminiscing about interviews last year and thought I'd stop in and see how y'all were doing.

First off, it is true that UTMB's PA program was put on probation but, it was administrative as opposed to academic in nature. It primarily had to do with the lack of a consistent director over the past few years. The program had had the same director for most of it's existence and they've gone though 2 or 3 in the years since the former retired. Had nothing to do with the quality of the academics (which are very strong) but more of people not being a good fit (and secondarily due to some drama at the Dean's level). Should that have been caught during the interview process? Perhaps, but these kind of things aren't that uncommon. The program is currently in the process of interviewing three highly qualified candidates and has every expectation to be released from that probation in the Spring of 2019. This will in no way affect current students or applicants ability to graduate or sit for the PANCE. Current students aren't worried about it, if that helps at all.

1st round of Interviews should be in the next couple weeks. UTMB is really good about getting you a decision pretty quick. Some were accepted same day and everyone had an answer in less than 2 weeks. Also, be aware that the wait list is VERY mobile here as well. We had 5 or 6 students pulled from pretty high on the list in May. Kinda hectic with only a month to move, but hey, they made it yeah? (In contrast, Baylor only went through 3 total on the wait list last I heard).

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers.

Thanks for that info, more or less what I thought. First round or invites should go out in the next couple weeks?