UTMB 2017-2018 Admissions Cycle

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, glamb11 said:

Has anyone heard anything back? I'm learning a lot of patience with all of this waiting haha.

I have not heard anything. Not from UTMB, HSU, nor Tech lol (I get email notifications when someone posts on the Texas PA Schools haha)

I just remembered at the INFO SESSION earlier this Summer - she said they don't start looking at applications until after the September first.  Our notifications and logins were all handled by the administration.  They want to make sure everyone has met the academic requirements first and then the committee starts to look at everything fresh.  I suspect UTMB will be the slowest, along with UTRGV - cuz, well it IS South Texas, after all.  Used to work down there.

4 hours ago, allenofthetower said:

I just remembered at the INFO SESSION earlier this Summer - she said they don't start looking at applications until after the September first.  Our notifications and logins were all handled by the administration.  They want to make sure everyone has met the academic requirements first and then the committee starts to look at everything fresh.  I suspect UTMB will be the slowest, along with UTRGV - cuz, well it IS South Texas, after all.  Used to work down there.

I think they start looking at applications before the September 1st deadline because last year the first interview invites were sent out on July 26th. 

I'm starting to convince myself that the people getting interview invites don't use or pay attention to this forum lol

1 minute ago, allenofthetower said:

I just found this site last night by accident.  I just remember what she said - which was NOT much.  She did her best to avoid answering any direct questions.  She enjoyed being cryptic. 

I think they enjoy finding out how high our anxiety levels can get lolol

I read somewhere that if you apply to 1 school you have a 1-in-6 chance... if you apply to 8 you have a 38% chance.   ALL CHOICES ARE LONG SHOTS.   So I'm not thinking stats matter.  I am way older than you can imagine and I've been to open houses where they pretty much gave me a hint that I'm out and wasting my time with them, but I am trying other tricks that might help.

I've also read that if you are a 24-26-year-old white female - you fit 80% of the profile.  But I think the closest thing to a sure thing is reapplying.  I haven't heard of anyone reapplying and not making it.  My science GPA is 3.67.  My undergrad is from last century and not science related and I have a MBA.  My GRE pretty much sucked in math so I'm retaking it Monday.  My experience is from taking care of the elderly and being a combat soldier.

So if someone is impressed with my record I have a chance - if they are strictly looking at another formula politically or otherwise, there isn't really anything I can do about it.  So why worry?  There's always Bio Tech grad school which pays more.

Nothing happens by accident and God always has a window open somewhere.  And its pretty much up to Him anyways.   But I'm not writing down on you.  I felt the same way when I tried out for the Special Forces... when you're young you tend to be more anxious than you need to be and when your old, you realize how much you should have waited.

I'm sure the right school will nab you.

1 hour ago, allenofthetower said:

I read somewhere that if you apply to 1 school you have a 1-in-6 chance... if you apply to 8 you have a 38% chance.   ALL CHOICES ARE LONG SHOTS.   So I'm not thinking stats matter.  I am way older than you can imagine and I've been to open houses where they pretty much gave me a hint that I'm out and wasting my time with them, but I am trying other tricks that might help.

I've also read that if you are a 24-26-year-old white female - you fit 80% of the profile.  But I think the closest thing to a sure thing is reapplying.  I haven't heard of anyone reapplying and not making it.  My science GPA is 3.67.  My undergrad is from last century and not science related and I have a MBA.  My GRE pretty much sucked in math so I'm retaking it Monday.  My experience is from taking care of the elderly and being a combat soldier.

So if someone is impressed with my record I have a chance - if they are strictly looking at another formula politically or otherwise, there isn't really anything I can do about it.  So why worry?  There's always Bio Tech grad school which pays more.

Nothing happens by accident and God always has a window open somewhere.  And its pretty much up to Him anyways.   But I'm not writing down on you.  I felt the same way when I tried out for the Special Forces... when you're young you tend to be more anxious than you need to be and when your old, you realize how much you should have waited.

I'm sure the right school will nab you.

You're sure right.. nothing happens on accident and God has a plan. Love your outlook. Hope you get in somewhere... it will happen for you eventually I'm sure!

Just now, gro2018 said:

We have a development. I just received an email stating that my application is now in the department for review. It can take from several weeks to months for review process. 

I just received the same email this morning (8/10). I submitted my application on 6/8.

Archived