President Has The 'Rona

On 10/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

I don't get it.  Whats the problem with having "The 'Rona?

image.thumb.png.e88be8d71fdf77b6ba223c1ca7a270b3.png

I went to a nicer Mexican restaurant a few weeks ago.  They brought me out my corona with NO LIME.  Said because of covid they can’t do limes or fresh table-side guacamole..

For the record, corona without lime is awful.  Lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, CJAdmission said:

If the entire subject of the thread is one of the candidates, how is this possible?

People are passionate, but it is very calm and respectful in here. No cause for alarm. 

13 hours ago, CJAdmission said:

If the entire subject of the thread is one of the candidates, how is this possible?

People are passionate, but it is very calm and respectful in here. No cause for alarm. 

You know how the left is.....silencing. Even if it is calm and peaceful. Aka Trumps rallies are spreading covid but BLM massive rallies are not....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, camoman1234 said:

You know how the left is.....silencing. Even if it is calm and peaceful. Aka Trumps rallies are spreading covid but BLM massive rallies are not....

2 hours ago, camoman1234 said:

@ventana and BLM looters, rioters, protest are not spreading the virus? HCQ is disproved? Let's see the evidence...

Since I think Camoman is purposely trolling the thread and wants it locked, I’m not going to. I still have some faith left in the users who have managed to keep this discussion civil.

but be blatant about being a polarizing forum troll again camoman and actions will have to be taken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The thread might have run its course. Looks like the President "had" the 'Rona, past tense.

I think I might start a thread related to another healthcare topic over in the Recovery Room. I'm interested to know what people think of another candidate's mental status related to the ability to function in the daily stress of the Oval Office. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CJAdmission said:

The thread might have run its course. Looks like the President "had" the 'Rona, past tense.

I think I might start a thread related to another healthcare topic over in the Recovery Room. I'm interested to know what people think of another candidate's mental status related to the ability to function in the daily stress of the Oval Office. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Not before I provide this exceptional insight.  Voted yesterday, day one of early voting, and walked right in.  Good idea from the precinct to provide voters cotton swabs to touch the displays to vote.  I utilized a new approach.  If you solicited me via mail or telephone you didn't get my vote.  Only ended up voting for prez, U.S. senator (sorry tattoo chick), and HOR candidate who like his long-standing predecessor, I can't tell you a darn thing that they've done for me.

Edited by GetMeOuttaThisMess

On 10/13/2020 at 9:58 AM, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

It was decided before this thread as a consensus to not allow any negative comments about either candidate or party until after the election.

But yet you allow personal attacks like this from Anus like "I’m not here to disparage other posters but this is RICH coming from Boats. The guy that dismisses everyone’s view that challenge his own. Baits and gaslights others. Dismisses newer posters in a creepy ‘Internet forum-like’ “elite status” manner similar to the huddle mentality-as if his longstanding history makes him better than others and his opinions more worthwhile. The questioning of those who haven’t been PA’s as long as he has. The blatant plagiarism/copy and pasting of far right talking points, almost like watching fox and friends in the morning. Like talking to a brick wall, literally. I answered his questions and was blocked immediately."

17 hours ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

Since I think Camoman is purposely trolling the thread...

So comparing the hysteria about the spread of coronavirus during a Trump ralley versus the lack of concern about spreading of coronavirus during rioting and looting is "purposely trolling", but yet personal attacks are allowed if they are against conservative posters.

Gotchya.  Sounds like you guys want the echo chamber.  Congrats, you just about have it.

Edited by Boatswain2PA
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Boatswain2PA said:

So comparing the hysteria about the spread of coronavirus during a Trump ralley versus the lack of concern about spreading of coronavirus during rioting and looting is "purposely trolling", but yet personal attacks are allowed if they are against conservative posters.

Gotchya.  Sounds like you guys want the echo chamber.  Congrats, you just about have it.

Do you have any idea evidence that the protests lead to a spike in cases? Protests where the vast majority were wearing masks?

If you do I'd love to see it, because I will go dig up the various studies to repudiate that. And then I'll show you where maskless gatherings led to increased cases. Although you may be aware of those instances...

16 minutes ago, MediMike said:

Do you have any idea evidence that the protests lead to a spike in cases? Protests where the vast majority were wearing masks?

No, I don't have evidence of that.  Nor do I have evidence that it is going to rain next month.  Common sense applies.

Tons of videos with rioters and other "peaceful protestors" not wearing masks, screaming, etc.  Did this drive up morbidity?  Probably not as most of them are very young.  They may have brought the virus to their mom as they returned to her basement, but hard to study that.

Common sense also says that maskless gatherings would lead to increase in cases.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Boatswain2PA said:

But yet you allow personal attacks like this from Anus like "I’m not here to disparage other posters but this is RICH coming from Boats. The guy that dismisses everyone’s view that challenge his own. Baits and gaslights others. Dismisses newer posters in a creepy ‘Internet forum-like’ “elite status” manner similar to the huddle mentality-as if his longstanding history makes him better than others and his opinions more worthwhile. The questioning of those who haven’t been PA’s as long as he has. The blatant plagiarism/copy and pasting of far right talking points, almost like watching fox and friends in the morning. Like talking to a brick wall, literally. I answered his questions and was blocked immediately."

Both sides were allowed to make remarks multiple times before I intervened. I only intervened so late because this thread exploded with comments and it was difficult to keep up. No one side is being stopped. It’s exactly this type of “I’m oppressed” BS that I was trying to avoid by letting the thread devolve. We have tolerated remarks both ways in this thread. If you think it’s been one sided, your bias is showing.

Further, we rarely delete comments, unlike huddle, unless it’s really over the top. 

Thread doomsday clock at 11pm

edit to complete sentence.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:17 AM, Reality Check 2 said:

There are NO NAMES of leaders in this article but the points are clear and valid.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2029812

Nature has done so similarly, although with a more straight forward tone.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02852-x?utm_source=Nature+Briefing&utm_campaign=7f2b123fc5-briefing-dy-20201014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-7f2b123fc5-43410489&fbclid=IwAR11BUJGU1VAWHcGGWVHW4DbT8PEmk4xtOFSjWvntvRg18BBi-wGa1hdaQc

15 minutes ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

Both sides were allowed to make remarks multiple times before I intervened.

I know this isn't my forum, but why not make a political thread, password protect it so bots can't get in, and just let people go at it?

this will keep everything you are concerned about confined to one area. You are no doubt worried that people may say unkind things in there, but that mirrors reality. People that can't handle it should stay away. 

16 minutes ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

No one side is being stopped. It’s exactly this type of “I’m oppressed” BS that I was trying to avoid by letting the thread devolve.

It's not about oppression.  

It IS about how you call out someone for posting a reasonable idea (rioting and looting) while allowing multiple personal attacks.

You just about have your echo chamber.

7 minutes ago, TheFatMan said:

not following how the ability to see into the future is related to the ability to interpret data about the past?

Because it isnt related.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Boatswain2PA said:

Which is why I said it would break the NATION'S bank.  So yes, it is true.

Once again boats goes off course and only tries to bicker   

did you read my post and just cherry-pick?  There is the trade off of individuals and companies not having to pay health insurance that will support the whole thing and then some.  Universal health care is sort of a must do thing in my eyes. Mass has had it for many many years and guess what, the sky didn’t fall and the govt did not go bankrupt.  

please review posts and fact better before posting

26 minutes ago, ventana said:

Once again boats goes off course and only tries to bicker   

did you read my post and just cherry-pick?  There is the trade off of individuals and companies not having to pay health insurance that will support the whole thing and then some.  Universal health care is sort of a must do thing in my eyes. Mass has had it for many many years and guess what, the sky didn’t fall and the govt did not go bankrupt.  

please review posts and fact better before posting

Just to review:  I posted the strategic differences between Republican and Democrats in terms of healthcare strategy, and said that only one strategy will break the NATION'S bank.

You came back and said it wasn't true, because our overall costs of healthcare (which you specifically said was NOT limited to just government expenditures).

I'm not bickering, nor am I off course.  As we continue to nationalize our healthcare administration, our national expenditures are going to continue to skyrocket (or "break the nation's bank").

I'm not disagreeing with the rest of your statement, nor do I even disagree with a single payor system any more than I disagree with our current mish-mash of a system that we have.  Both have significant problems, the biggest of which is they hide/ignore how we ration care.

Lighten up.

Edited by Boatswain2PA

49 minutes ago, CJAdmission said:

I know this isn't my forum, but why not make a political thread, password protect it so bots can't get in, and just let people go at it?

this will keep everything you are concerned about confined to one area. You are no doubt worried that people may say unkind things in there, but that mirrors reality. People that can't handle it should stay away. 

A) because people cannot compartmentalize

B) Not my call and I have no power over that. Take it to rev ronin