2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Oatmeal77 said:

They look at more than stats. The quality of the experiences, letters of recommendation and essays have to be good.

Letters of recommendation were definitely more than good, as well as my essay. I did not have much for volunteer experiences (maybe 60 hours between ER, Salvation Army, and Red Cross) and was on the lower end of GRE so I'm thinking that was my downfall!

1 hour ago, NotVeryCreative16 said:

All of that certainly plays a role for most programs. You get to a certain point in the applicant pool where you have say 200 students that look like, on a paper at least, they will do well in a PA program and pass the PANCE (which is ultimately what a program is looking for). The question then becomes what makes you stand out? Then at a certain level, it becomes luck of the draw and a numbers game as was alluded to. I can say that I've heard back from 5 schools with 3 interviews and 2 rejections and the 2 schools that rejected me I would have thought would be the easiest schools to get into.

Same boat!! I received 2 interviews from programs I did not think I had a chance in and then received rejections from schools I thought would be easiest to get acceptances from, lol.

1 hour ago, AndrewsOkay said:

Damn, who ARE they bringing in for interviews if those stats don't get you a seat? 😅

I still haven't heard anything because I applied to both the MPH combined and the traditional program, but I'm not feeling good now.

I'm asking myself the same thing 😂 Don't lose hope yet, though!! You never know when you could get a late interview invitation. I know the dual program is more difficult to get into (or rather that is what they alluded to at an open house I attended last year), but you still have a chance! Crossing my fingers for you!

4 minutes ago, AlexisA said:

I'm asking myself the same thing 😂 Don't lose hope yet, though!! You never know when you could get a late interview invitation. I know the dual program is more difficult to get into (or rather that is what they alluded to at an open house I attended last year), but you still have a chance! Crossing my fingers for you!

It's crazy just how different the priorities of different programs are. I sent out all my apps at practically the same time. Some programs flat out denied me within the month, and others of similar prestige put me in there very first interview slot. It's beyond me. I guess you just have to search for a program that values what you're offering.

Sorry Arcadia didn't work out, but with those stats I'm sure you'll have your pick of other programs. Thanks for starting this tread, it's been crazy helpful.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, AndrewsOkay said:

It's crazy just how different the priorities of different programs are. I sent out all my apps at practically the same time. Some programs flat out denied me within the month, and others of similar prestige put me in there very first interview slot. It's beyond me. I guess you just have to search for a program that values what you're offering.

Sorry Arcadia didn't work out, but with those stats I'm sure you'll have your pick of other programs. Thanks for starting this tread, it's been crazy helpful.

It really is astonishing but you know we just have to believe that those programs would not have been the perfect place for us anyways. We will fit just right at the schools that accept us! I appreciate the empathy and I know you will be successful in your endeavors too from what I have seen of your posts! Best of luck!

4 hours ago, AlexisA said:

Letters of recommendation were definitely more than good, as well as my essay. I did not have much for volunteer experiences (maybe 60 hours between ER, Salvation Army, and Red Cross) and was on the lower end of GRE so I'm thinking that was my downfall!

Same boat!! I received 2 interviews from programs I did not think I had a chance in and then received rejections from schools I thought would be easiest to get acceptances from, lol.

Damn, I’m sorry it didn’t work out. 😕 I’m sure you’ll get in elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Chloe7116 said:

Did anybody who received the interview invite get sent any information on possible dates or any kind of additional information yet? I got the invite early July and did receive confirmation that they got my poll answer for interest in attending the session but nothing else so far! Hoping to hear soon!

Yes, they sent an email on the 17th saying we would be scheduled for our interview by a faculty member over the next 3-6 weeks.

6 minutes ago, Oatmeal77 said:

Damn, I’m sorry it didn’t work out. 😕 I’m sure you’ll get in elsewhere.

It's all in the experiences! I guess you have to take these things with a grain of salt and know that what's meant to be will come 😅 Makes us humble as future providers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sc215266 said:

Did anyone else who was offered an interview not receive their interview date yet? Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and offering insight! 

I have not yet! I got the email on the 17 that said within 3-6 weeks we should hear back from faculty with a date. 

On 7/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, Chloe7116 said:

Did anybody who received the interview invite get sent any information on possible dates or any kind of additional information yet? I got the invite early July and did receive confirmation that they got my poll answer for interest in attending the session but nothing else so far! Hoping to hear soon!

I haven't heard anything yet either! 

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, Chloe7116 said:

Not expecting anything for a while. As others said, email on the 17th said 3-6 weeks. I’m thinking mid August we might hear something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, nsbiosands said:

Good luck! When did they receive your application? I’m still waiting to hear back on my interview date

Thanks! It was received June 8. I'm sure they're still working on sending the dates out!

Edited by Cllliu
  • Like 1

Has anyone that received an initial interview invitation not received a follow-up email for the scheduling? I know some people are interviewing in the next few days but I haven't gotten an email regarding the scheduling. 

i haven’t yet! patiently waiting like [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2