2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 7/17/2020 at 8:29 AM, nsbiosands said:

Same!! Feeling anxious about that as well, does anyone know what their interview process is like?

From the email, it seems like it will be an individual interview with a faculty member... Also in the information session, they mentioned a 1:1 interview so that's my guess.... but I am not 100% sure, it was not super clear. 

• Like 1

Anyone who got confirmation on 06/29 from Arcadia that they received their application get an invite for an interview? I think it's mainly people who got confirmation in early to mid June that are getting interview offers right now, but I just wanted to check and see if anyone from late June got an interview invite!

28 minutes ago, AlexisA said:

I unfortunately also received a rejection this morning. sGPA 3.84 cGPA 3.88 3000 PCE as a surgical tech. 304 5.5 GRE. Applied May 18th, verified June 8, rejected July 23🙄

Wow! When rejecting people with stats like these, I wonder what they are looking for? It really is a numbers game more than anything!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, eluch15 said:

Wow! When rejecting people with stats like these, I wonder what they are looking for? It really is a numbers game more than anything!

I wonder if it might be more about the essays this time, because honestly, I received an interview with stats less than some who got rejected. There's really no way to know!

42 minutes ago, AlexisA said:

I unfortunately also received a rejection this morning. sGPA 3.84 cGPA 3.88 3000 PCE as a surgical tech. 304 5.5 GRE. Applied May 18th, verified June 8, rejected July 23🙄

Damn, who ARE they bringing in for interviews if those stats don't get you a seat? 😅

I still haven't heard anything because I applied to both the MPH combined and the traditional program, but I'm not feeling good now.

6 minutes ago, PAlizard said:

I wonder if it might be more about the essays this time, because honestly, I received an interview with stats less than some who got rejected. There's really no way to know!

I think people drastically underestimate the importance of the personal statement and additional aspects such as extracurriculars in addition to the numbers on paper.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PAlizard said:

Maybe you are right! Although, I am a reapplicant and completely reconstructed my personal statement and that did not help me with Arcadia unfortunately. Maybe they are looking for applicants with "diverse" experiences and backgrounds instead of just looking at the basic statistics. I guess there really is no way to know...

• Like 2

Just now, eluch15 said:

Maybe you are right! Although, I am a reapplicant and completely reconstructed my personal statement and that did not help me with Arcadia unfortunately. Maybe they are looking for applicants with "diverse" experiences and backgrounds instead of just looking at the basic statistics. I guess there really is no way to know...

All of that certainly plays a role for most programs. You get to a certain point in the applicant pool where you have say 200 students that look like, on a paper at least, they will do well in a PA program and pass the PANCE (which is ultimately what a program is looking for). The question then becomes what makes you stand out? Then at a certain level, it becomes luck of the draw and a numbers game as was alluded to. I can say that I've heard back from 5 schools with 3 interviews and 2 rejections and the 2 schools that rejected me I would have thought would be the easiest schools to get into.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NotVeryCreative16 said:

All of that certainly plays a role for most programs. You get to a certain point in the applicant pool where you have say 200 students that look like, on a paper at least, they will do well in a PA program and pass the PANCE (which is ultimately what a program is looking for). The question then becomes what makes you stand out? Then at a certain level, it becomes luck of the draw and a numbers game as was alluded to. I can say that I've heard back from 5 schools with 3 interviews and 2 rejections and the 2 schools that rejected me I would have thought would be the easiest schools to get into.

Totally agree! Your statistics matter, but it is ultimately a "numbers" game and what each program is looking for. Focusing on what you makes you different and original certainly plays a huge role during the admissions process! 

• Like 1