2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

I received a voicemail from my advisor today that my application was still under review and to expect to hear back in 2-3 weeks, most likely 3 weeks. Seems that they have quite a lot of applications but I appreciate being updated every step of the way. 

I submitted my secondary app early July but my application fee was not received until mid June (my fault for not mailing priority). I did not expect to hear back so soon because I assumed they would not review my app until my fee was received.

1 hour ago, oxyjen said:

I received a voicemail from my advisor today that my application was still under review and to expect to hear back in 2-3 weeks, most likely 3 weeks. Seems that they have quite a lot of applications but I appreciate being updated every step of the way. 

I submitted my secondary app early July but my application fee was not received until mid June (my fault for not mailing priority). I did not expect to hear back so soon because I assumed they would not review my app until my fee was received.

I received this same call today . 

12 hours ago, osakanohime said:

Wait im so confused. So are we expecting a phone call from not our assigned admissions advisors (who are in contact with us and are really jice) but from an admissions comittee directly inviting us to interview? And if so, what happens if you missed the call? Will they email you? 

No, you will just get an email invite for the interview. I think your advisor may call with updates as your application goes through the process and then if you get accepted you will be notified by a phone call from the admissions committee. Everything else is an email. 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

I have been silently following this forum. Congratulations to all who have been accepted or offered an interview and for those who did not get in I would say to just keep trying at other colleges.

Yale is pretty much my only option since the closest PA school to me would represent  a 3 to 4 hour daily commute, besides the way Yale has their curriculum set up is perfect for me, their method is exactly how I usually study.

I wanted to ask if there was anyone who got an interview before the committee got the results of the CASPer test, or if anyone was accepted without taking the CASPer test at all?

Thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

I would tell everyone to be patient and enjoy themselves every day 🙂 I'm so glad to have been given the opportunity no matter what, so I'm a happy lady today for sure!

Did you do both in one day or two separate days? Do you think you would do that differently? Thanks and good luck to you !!

16 hours ago, Wrightan2 said:

Congrats!! Mine is tomorrow. Getting so nervous 

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Gretch1212 said:

Did you do both in one day or two separate days? Do you think you would do that differently? Thanks and good luck to you !!

I did mine in the same day! I realize a lot of people have valid reasons for scheduling them apart (and I can see why for sure), but this worked out for me and my personality/style. For instance, my husband was able to take 1 day off to be home and keep my dogs quiet lol

2 hours ago, AmyR417 said:

Hi,

Congrats to all who have already been accepted and good luck to those who are interviewing these next two weeks!

Does anyone know where we can find the faculty e-mails to write a thank you follow-up e-mail to our interviewer?  Thanks in advance!

Hey! I think there is a directory in YSM

Edited by ScullyAMA
clarity
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 7:33 PM, osakanohime said:

Wait im so confused. So are we expecting a phone call from not our assigned admissions advisors (who are in contact with us and are really jice) but from an admissions comittee directly inviting us to interview? And if so, what happens if you missed the call? Will they email you? 

You will receive an email invite to interview that has links to the scheduling page. You have 72 hours to schedule your interviews or they withdraw the offer so make sure you are checking your spam/junk folder on a regular basis to make sure it doesn't go there. I don't believe anyone got a phone call about the interview.

On 8/11/2020 at 12:03 PM, MVZ2020 said:

Hi everyone,

I have been silently following this forum. Congratulations to all who have been accepted or offered an interview and for those who did not get in I would say to just keep trying at other colleges.

Yale is pretty much my only option since the closest PA school to me would represent  a 3 to 4 hour daily commute, besides the way Yale has their curriculum set up is perfect for me, their method is exactly how I usually study.

I wanted to ask if there was anyone who got an interview before the committee got the results of the CASPer test, or if anyone was accepted without taking the CASPer test at all?

Thanks.

They had my CASPER test scores before I received an interview invite. I was accepted. However, I don’t know if that was the case for all my classmates. 

6 minutes ago, Popup123 said:

Got my rejection email today. Best of luck to everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sorry to hear that, keep trying!  This is my second time applying and I haven’t received an invite to a program yet. Still crossing my fingers. Did you get to interview with Yale?

I’m sorry to hear that, keep trying!  This is my second time applying and I haven’t received an invite to a program yet. Still crossing my fingers. Did you get to interview with Yale?

No I didn’t but I think I’m last to hear from early action Bc I applied and verified 5/29 and got rejected today. Good luck to you I applied to 25 schools. But Yale was definitely in my top choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk