2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Hi everyone! I’ve been silently following this forum for the past few months, and I’ve enjoyed how supportive and encouraging everyone has been through this process. I recently received an interview invite for the second and third weeks in August. I’m so excited, yet extremely nervous; please send positive vibes and prayers my way. 

On another note, anyone else applying from Chicago?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, TatianaE said:

Hi everyone! I’ve been silently following this forum for the past few months, and I’ve enjoyed how supportive and encouraging everyone has been through this process. I recently received an interview invite for the second and third weeks in August. I’m so excited, yet extremely nervous; please send positive vibes and prayers my way. 

On another note, anyone else applying from Chicago?

Prayers going up! 🙏🙏🙏 You'll be great!! If you don't mind me asking when did your application go under review?

5 hours ago, YCrossPA said:

Prayers going up! 🙏🙏🙏 You'll be great!! If you don't mind me asking when did your application go under review?

Here is my timeline:

CASPA Submitted: 5/22

CASPA Verified: 5/25

Application Sent to Yale: 6/23

Application Under Review: 7/1

Interview Email:7/27

Interview Scheduled: 8/11 and 8/18

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TatianaE said:

Here is my timeline:

CASPA Submitted: 5/22

CASPA Verified: 5/25

Application Sent to Yale: 6/23

Application Under Review: 7/1

Interview Email:7/27

Interview Scheduled: 8/11 and 8/18

Thank you! I recieved my under review email on 7/23, so hopefully I'm a few weeks behind you! Good luck to you! Keep us posted😊

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I am a silent reader on this forum. Congrats to everyone who applied and was accepted! For those that didnt get accepted at Yale, I am sure you will be accepted somewhere else.  I took my Casper exam on July 19th. My Yale application went under review 7/17. The admission committee will probably only review my application after they receive my casper scores right? I havent heard anything from casper yet in regards to sending in my score. I am nervously checking my email every minute of the day to see something from Yale. I guess it might be a little too early though, but I cant help it. 🙄 Btw I am also applying from Chicago. 

Edited by Stressed

1 hour ago, Stressed said:

Hi everyone. I am a silent reader on this forum. Congrats to everyone who applied and was accepted! For those that didnt get accepted at Yale, I am sure you will be accepted somewhere else.  I took my Casper exam on July 19th. My Yale application went under review 7/17. The admission committee will probably only review my application after they receive my casper scores right? I havent heard anything from casper yet in regards to sending in my score. I am nervously checking my email every minute of the day to see something from Yale. I guess it might be a little too early though, but I cant help it. 🙄 Btw I am also applying from Chicago. 

Hello, fellow Chicago applicant! I never heard anything back regarding my CASPer test, so I’m not sure how that works, but CASPer stated that it takes about three weeks for the exam to be scored and sent (I took mine 6/28).  I attend one of the Yale webinars in June, and the admissions faculty stated that applicants could receive an interview invite before they receive their CASPer score, but they would wait for the score before they determine acceptance.  But based on your timeline, I think they get you CASPer score when reviewing; thats just my opinion. 

Good luck! I too, am feeling the stress.

2 hours ago, Stressed said:

You can check on the CASPER website. It shows you the status of delivery. It should say "delivered." 

Edited by biopsyd

19 hours ago, Stressed said:

Hello 🙂 I hope this helps, but casper never sent any communication after I finished the test. I actually just kept logging back in to check, and to the best of my recollection, I believe it was several weeks. Under review means the ball is rolling, so try to just relax for now! 

11 hours ago, eckenney said:

Hey! Did everyone wear a suit for their interviews? I have a blazer but debating if I need to buy an actual suit... thanks!

I did shirt, tie, and vest.

I don't own a suit, never have, if the lack of a suit jacket would have been the reason I got rejected I wouldn't have wanted to go there anyway. 

If you can rock a suit and feel confident in it go for it but it's not my style. I dressed in something I could feel good wearing and not be self conscious. 

• Like 1

@Popup123 I am less active for sure, but it is because I'm trying to calm my mind and nerves for my interviews next week 🙃! And I think the ladies and gents that were very active early on already got admissions decisions and have either moved on to other school threads or have moved to the FB group .

Also, did they happen to send you emails saying your app is "under review" yet?? You were verified quite a while ago!

@Popup123 I am less active for sure, but it is because I'm trying to calm my mind and nerves for my interviews next week [emoji854]! And I think the ladies and gents that were very active early on already got admissions decisions and have either moved on to other school threads or have moved to the FB group .
Also, did they happen to send you emails saying your app is "under review" yet?? You were verified quite a while ago!

They did. So I’m patiently waiting just emailed them to update my grades since summer semester finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Janieg78 said:

Nope, it’s a frustrating place

Do they give you a ranking on the waitlist? How does it work or do you have an idea how many waitlist have been accepted in the past? I wonder if they review the waitlist after each round of interviews for reconsideration? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, biopsyd said:

I’m still waiting as well. I did receive another phone call saying my application is still under review and no action is needed on my part at this time. 😬 

I've never received a phone call from anyone, is that strange? Should I be concerned? However, I have received emails, just curious?

2 hours ago, YCrossPA said:

I've never received a phone call from anyone, is that strange? Should I be concerned? However, I have received emails, just curious?

I’m honestly not too sure. 😅 I have been getting phone calls with updates and have also received emails. I honestly really appreciate that they’re constantly checking in. 

I did not receive any phone calls either, which made me nervous as I would read about everyone else keeping in contact with their advisors. My application did move through the process as it was meant to and I am now waiting to complete the interviews. You could always reach out to your advisor for feedback and a status update as I am sure they are happy to help. Otherwise, the process takes some patience and positive thinking. Best wishes.

On 7/13/2020 at 3:28 AM, Rebeccajoycearnold said:

New to the forum! I am a non-traditional student who had a rough start at college in 2006. I have been chipping away at my PA school prerequisites since 2013 but my cGPA is still unimpressive so that makes me nervous.

--> Submitted my application in CASPA on May 31st

--> Verified June 3rd

***One of my colleges sent the transcript for a different Rebecca so that took a while to fix... 

--> Supplemental fee was received June 22nd

--> Phone call confirming that my application was under review June 30th

I'm in a similar situation.. my cGPA is not the best but you give me hope! Good luck on your interview 🙏💖

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hsmit60 said:

I did not receive any phone calls either, which made me nervous as I would read about everyone else keeping in contact with their advisors. My application did move through the process as it was meant to and I am now waiting to complete the interviews. You could always reach out to your advisor for feedback and a status update as I am sure they are happy to help. Otherwise, the process takes some patience and positive thinking. Best wishes.

Thank you soooo much! I was beginning to feel left out. Lol.... I appreciate the reassurance. 

Thank you soooo much! I was beginning to feel left out. Lol.... I appreciate the reassurance. 

You are very welcome! Hang in there, I felt the exact same way and tried my best to stay positive. [emoji51] I hope you can find some way to relax and know that good things are to come (even if only through email).

• Like 1