2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

4 hours ago, MikaylaPlansker said:

Just got my interview invite too!!! 

WHAT!! I am freaking out! I have neither got an interview or rejections and it has been almost 6 weeks next monday it would be 7! 😭😭 Been waiting "under review" since 7/14. Anybody there with me in a same boat? 

Edited by AjeBaje

1 hour ago, AjeBaje said:

WHAT!! I am freaking out! I have neither got an interview or rejections and it has been almost 6 weeks next monday it would be 7! 😭😭 Been waiting "under review" since 7/14. Anybody there with me in a same boat? 

Hey, I’m new here, but same boat! Went under review 7/20, and have heard nothing! I was doing okay with the wait, but all these responses last night and today have me back to checking my email every 10 minutes!  😫

Edited by VicBH

I also got an interview invite earlier today! Here's how my timeline went in case it helps:

Submitted CASPA application on 7/24.

Received "under review email" on 7/24.

Received a call from my advisor about 2 weeks ago who left a voicemail about it taking 2-3 weeks for a decision.

Interview invite today, 8/21.

Edited by Mary913
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mary913 said:

I also got an interview invite earlier today! Here's how my timeline went:

Submitted CASPA application on 7/24.

Received "under review email" on 7/24.

Received a call from my advisor about 2 weeks ago who left a voicemail about it taking 2-3 weeks for a decision.

Interview invite today, 8/21.

What!!! Now I am definitely upset 😱. Because we been waiting for so long and haven't heard anything. I really feel being rejected! What time did you receive the email?

Hey everyone! My name is Alyssa & I'm a first time applicant in Boston, MA. I applied May 28, 20 and definitely had some hiccups with my application along the way. BUT I just got an interview invite this afternoon! I'm so nervous, but bought Savanna Perry's guide and am going blazer shopping tomorrow, LOL! I've been looking through the forum and I'm wondering if there has been many rejections after having an interview? Or are people getting rejections without an interview? I have already gotten a few rejections from other schools without an interview offer so I'm just curious how Yale does things. Thank you and congrats to the one who have already been accepted!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, alymini said:

Hey everyone! My name is Alyssa & I'm a first time applicant in Boston, MA. I applied May 28, 20 and definitely had some hiccups with my application along the way. BUT I just got an interview invite this afternoon! I'm so nervous, but bought Savanna Perry's guide and am going blazer shopping tomorrow, LOL! I've been looking through the forum and I'm wondering if there has been many rejections after having an interview? Or are people getting rejections without an interview? I have already gotten a few rejections from other schools without an interview offer so I'm just curious how Yale does things. Thank you and congrats to the one who have already been accepted!

Hey there! Good luck on your interview! So there have been both rejections prior to an interview being offered and rejections that have gone out after interviews were conducted. They seem to be processing groups of people in cycles of rejections prior to interview, interview invites, then acceptances, waitlists and denials. 

7 hours ago, PA95050 said:

Has anyone who has been waitlisted heard anything yet?

nope, not yet. Just patiently waiting (or trying to be patient at least 😂).

Edited by Tiffb13
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, AjeBaje said:

What!!! Now I am definitely upset 😱. Because we been waiting for so long and haven't heard anything. I really feel being rejected! What time did you receive the email?

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you upset! I got the email around 12:30 PM (EST) but I work until 7 PM so I found out later in the day.  I think you should contact your advisor. They usually give a 4-6 week window to hear back about interviews. Also, make sure you're checking your junk folder too. Hang in there!

22 hours ago, YCrossPA said:

You have very impressive stats. Makes me wonder what they're looking for?

They typically recruit older applicants who want to work in primary care for the rural underserved. As for myself, I specified that I enjoy working in inner-city/metropolitan underserved areas, and that I have a special interest in surgery. I'm also in my early 20s.

6 hours ago, daddybenzene said:

They typically recruit older applicants who want to work in primary care for the rural underserved. As for myself, I specified that I enjoy working in inner-city/metropolitan underserved areas, and that I have a special interest in surgery. I'm also in my early 20s.

Idk...I'm 36, and currently work in an underserved area. I showed strong interest in Primary care. This would be my second career and I have over 30,000 HCE/PCE hours. I'm not sure how to enhance my application and they don't give any advice in how to do so. For me,  that's most frustrating. Maybe next year! 

Edited by YCrossPA

1 hour ago, YCrossPA said:

I'm almost starting to believe its a random selection.

gosh, so sorry to hear about your rejection! However, I don't think it is fair to everyone who has been accepted to say it is random. I doubt Yale picks random people. 

I'm still waiting for a decision and I realize this can be a daunting, almost defeating, process. But a lot of people put in so much work (volunteer, take leadership roles, shadow, vary their experiences, etc) to get to where they are!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

gosh, so sorry to hear about your rejection! However, I don't think it is fair to everyone who has been accepted to say it is random. I doubt Yale picks random people. 

I'm still waiting for a decision and I realize this can be a daunting, almost defeating, process. But a lot of people put in so much work (volunteer, take leadership roles, shadow, vary their experiences, etc) to get to where they are!

I'm sooo sorry @ScullyAMA my intent was not to offend anyone. There are many qualified applicants, who have all worked very hard to be considered, including myself. My intent was not to discount anyone. I accept my rejection and wish everyone well. Again, my apologies and good luck to all of the aspiring PA's. I know we will all end up exactly where we are meant to be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

Do we have any guesses about when acceptance calls might go out?? This week? Maybe next? 

I’m soo hopeful that they will go out at the end of this week! From previous interview rounds I believe calls or emails went out by Thursday night the week after interviews ended. I don’t know if I’ll make it if we have to wait until next week! 😆

Edited by AmyR417

2 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

Do we have any guesses about when acceptance calls might go out?? This week? Maybe next? 

If it’s any consolation so far acceptances have gone out the Tuesday and Wednesday following the conclusion of interviews for both previous interview groups. Waitlists went out the next day and then rejections the next.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ScullyAMA said:

During the post interview webinar, Mr. Van Rhee said the faculty would meet this week and decisions would go out the following week... But @Tiffb13 said they have been calling the week after interviews. 

58 minutes ago, Tiffb13 said:

If it’s any consolation so far acceptances have gone out the Tuesday and Wednesday following the conclusion of interviews for both previous interview groups. Waitlists went out the next day and then rejections the next.

2 hours ago, Rebeccajoycearnold said:

Does anyone know how many interview groups there have been? During the post interview webinar there was 60ish students listed. If they have already done four interview "sessions", and have one more left, with the same amount of people that is over 300 interviews for 70 spots 🥺

I believe this last round was 3rd round.