2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

On 8/7/2020 at 3:56 PM, oxyjen said:

I received a voicemail from my advisor today that my application was still under review and to expect to hear back in 2-3 weeks, most likely 3 weeks. Seems that they have quite a lot of applications but I appreciate being updated every step of the way. 

I submitted my secondary app early July but my application fee was not received until mid June (my fault for not mailing priority). I did not expect to hear back so soon because I assumed they would not review my app until my fee was received.

Did you submit a Casper? 

Hello all, 

I have a question regarding the post-interview informational session with the Student Ambassadors if anyone has attended that. Does this require active participation and introducing ourselves or do we just listen in?

The reason I ask is because since I live in PST, I have work during the scheduled time. I wasn't sure if I could just listen in or if I need to take off during that time. 

If worst comes to worst- is it required or optional? 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you!!

Just now, deltaformation3 said:

Hello all, 

I have a question regarding the post-interview informational session with the Student Ambassadors if anyone has attended that. Does this require active participation and introducing ourselves or do we just listen in?

The reason I ask is because since I live in PST, I have work during the scheduled time. I wasn't sure if I could just listen in or if I need to take off during that time. 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you!!

Hi there! I'm a student ambassador hosting one of the sessions this Thursday. You are welcome and encouraged to attend even if you cannot have your camera on. I like to invite people to be on camera so that I can "meet" them but it is by no means required. I wouldn't want you to miss out on the time just because you're at work.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, deltaformation3 said:

Hello all, 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you!!

Is this only for individuals who have already interviewed? Or can anyone join? 

On 8/12/2020 at 3:08 PM, Kikime06 said:

They had my CASPER test scores before I received an interview invite. I was accepted. However, I don’t know if that was the case for all my classmates. 

Thank you Kikime06 for answering my question. Congratulations on being accepted I am sure you ar over the top now.

I wonder if anyone else that was accepted got an interview before the committee got the results of the CASPer test or if they avoided the test all.

2 hours ago, AjeBaje said:

Are we not getting anymore interviews from Yale? I see candidates are receiving rejections email only. I am so worried!

Adding to @ScullyAMA:  I believe the fourth cycle includes individuals that went under review in mid/late July. A few of us received calls on Aug. 7th, letting us know that it would be 2-3 weeks before we receive a decision ( interview invite or rejection). It's been about 4 weeks since I went under review, and next week will be the start of the week 3 follow up call. I hope we ALL receive some exciting news, including the current round of interviewees. Fingers crossed!🤞 Only 35 students have been accepted this cycle based on the 2023 cohort FB page, which means there are 37 opportunities left. I hope this helps. @AjeBaje

Edited by YCrossPA
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, osakanohime said:

Hey guys! What's the average time that admissions would send out a rejection/interview email? Its about to be 3 weeks for me....should it be around any day now? 

Or is the pattern more so 4 to 6 weeks? 

I heard back I think between 5-6 weeks for an invitation to interview! When did you go "under review" ?

6 minutes ago, YCrossPA said:

A few of us received calls on Aug. 7th, letting us know that it would be 2-3 weeks before we receive a decision ( interview invite or rejection). 

It is so nice that they called to tell you guys that @YCrossPA! Ah! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. Hopefully, everyone who was interviewed this last round will hear back within the next week or so?? I'm guessing here, but we'll see!

(((sooooo nervous here)))

7 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

It is so nice that they called to tell you guys that @YCrossPA! Ah! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. Hopefully, everyone who was interviewed this last round will hear back within the next week or so?? I'm guessing here, but we'll see!

(((sooooo nervous here)))

I can only imagine! You must be on pins and needles. I'm sure we'll all hear something next week. I just have a feeling. I'm hoping for an invite opportunity. These weeks of waiting seem so near, but yet sooooo far.😬 @ScullyAMA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PAHopefulMina said:

Hi everyone! I went under review on 7/9, and received a call on 7/16 stating it will be around 4 weeks to hear if I get an invite to interview. I’m now in my 5th week. If anyone else is out there in the same boat, have you heard anything? The suspense is killing me 😅

I received under review July 14th. I am going under 6th week at the moment. 😔

4 minutes ago, PAHopefulMina said:

Hi everyone! I went under review on 7/9, and received a call on 7/16 stating it will be around 4 weeks to hear if I get an invite to interview. I’m now in my 5th week. If anyone else is out there in the same boat, have you heard anything? The suspense is killing me 😅

I could be wrong but it appears that MOST of the acceptances, rejections, and interview invites go out around the same time. So maybe next week will be our lucky week. Fingers crossed 🤞@PAHopefulMina

21 minutes ago, PAHopefulMina said:

I went under review a few weeks before you (6/20) and heard back 7/28ish? So 5+ weeks. Hang in there!

19 minutes ago, YCrossPA said:

These weeks of waiting seem so near, but yet sooooo far.😬 @ScullyAMA

100% These past 2 weeks have actually gone fast for me though, but the thinking and thinking makes time warp a bit 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAHopefulMina said:

I went under review 6/16! And they told me again last week to keep waiting! 😊 

• Like 1