2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Sorry to all of those that received rejections. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Congratulations to those who are getting interviews. 

For those interviewing remember they want to know what make you unique. Everybody here is an excellent student you have to be to survive the prerequisites. Be sure to showcase what makes you different from everyone else. Don't waste your 60 minutes of time telling them stuff they know from your transcripts. Tell the story of why your unique life story will make you a great PA. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, madi.loruss said:

Did anyone who got rejected email back to ask why or how to improve? 

I have another interview tomorrow with another school and this just destroyed my confidence and I'm worried it was my interview that gave me the rejection 😔

Well hard as it is don’t get in your head about being rejected! I know SOOO many now successful PAs and PA students who were rejected from multiple schools in the same round they were accepted by other schools. Just because Yale decided to go with others this round DOES NOT mean that you are not completely worthy of being accepted someplace. If you are at this place and have gotten multiple interviews then you are definitely good enough to get in!! Unsolicited advice but take some deep breathes and just be yourself tomorrow in your next interview and let your passion shine through! 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Tiffb13 said:

Well hard as it is don’t get in your head about being rejected! I know SOOO many now successful PAs and PA students who were rejected from multiple schools in the same round they were accepted by other schools. Just because Yale decided to go with others this round DOES NOT mean that you are not completely worthy of being accepted someplace. If you are at this place and have gotten multiple interviews then you are definitely good enough to get in!! Unsolicited advice but take some deep breathes and just be yourself tomorrow in your next interview and let your passion shine through! 

I second that! Great advice @Tiffb13...Chin up, head high, you got this! Remember what is for you...IS FOR YOU! GOOD LUCK tomorrow 🙏💖

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tiffb13 said:

11 minutes ago, YCrossPA said:

I second that! Great advice @Tiffb13...Chin up, head high, you got this! Remember what is for you...IS FOR YOU! GOOD LUCK tomorrow 🙏💖

Thank you so much guys. It's with my top choice so I'm very nervous. This was just bad timing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madi.loruss said:

Thank you so much guys. It's with my top choice so I'm very nervous. This was just bad timing 

Things will be hard as a PA, some days you'll feel defeated. Maybe this is just a test to prepare you for what's to come. Persevere no matter what, today will be tomorrow and tomorrow could be a new start to the REST OF YOUR LIFE.🙏💖🤞 @madi.loruss

• Like 1

Hello everyone! 

First of all, I have to say this is such an uplifting thread! Everyone here is so amazing and thank you for all your wonderful advice! I received an interview invite and I'm excited but so nervous! Does anyone have any recommendations for the timing of the interviews? I was looking at scheduling the personal Aug 12/18 and the Academic Aug 19/20. I want to give myself adequate time to prepare but I am worried about scheduling it so far out, do you think this is too far out?

Secondly, Can anyone provide me with a bit of expansion on the interview itself. Is the personal mainly about yourself and getting to know you while the academic is about school/healthcare experience? This is my first cycle and first interview (top choice as well) so I am a ball of nerves. 

Has anyone who interviewed around the 6th through the 16th received a rejection notice? 

Goodmoring Everyone! Congratulations to everyone accepted, invited for interviews. I’m sorry for those that were rejected this year.

Is there anyone still waiting for a response? I still haven’t heard anything.....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Pamama94 said:

Hello everyone! 

First of all, I have to say this is such an uplifting thread! Everyone here is so amazing and thank you for all your wonderful advice! I received an interview invite and I'm excited but so nervous! Does anyone have any recommendations for the timing of the interviews? I was looking at scheduling the personal Aug 12/18 and the Academic Aug 19/20. I want to give myself adequate time to prepare but I am worried about scheduling it so far out, do you think this is too far out?

Secondly, Can anyone provide me with a bit of expansion on the interview itself. Is the personal mainly about yourself and getting to know you while the academic is about school/healthcare experience? This is my first cycle and first interview (top choice as well) so I am a ball of nerves. 

Hey there! To keep things fair for everyone I don’t think there is really much expansion or interview advice we could give. I would say thinking through what you feel is important for them to know about you and being confident in yourself are probably the biggest tips I could give. 

As much as I would love everyone to succeed, it wouldn’t be right to share anything that would give you or any future interviewers an advantage. We all get the same info to work with ahead of time. I am just trying to be respectful to all of those who already interviewed or are on the waitlist 😊

Best of luck though!! I am sure you will do great! Remember if they chose you to interview then it means you are good enough to get in. 

Edited by Tiffb13
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Hello! Has anyone who had their applications verified early to mid July, heard anything yet? I know it may too soon to ask, but just wondering. I think a lot of people that got interview invites here are those who met the early deadline...would that be correct?

Edited by joethepa

8 hours ago, joethepa said:

Hello! Has anyone who had their applications verified early to mid July, heard anything yet? I know it may too soon to ask, but just wondering. I think a lot of people that got interview invites here are those who met the early deadline...would that be correct?

It looks that way to me. I applied/verified July 20th, sent an under review status on July 23rd. 

• Like 1

Anyone have issues with not receiving emails? I finally called and found out my application was under review and he said I should have gotten emails but I didn’t (believe me I check constantly). I feel dumb but I feel like I should call and ask if they put my email in correctly. And yes I check my junk fold just as much. 

Good luck everyone! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, osakanohime said:

How long does it take to get a confirmation email from Yale once you submit the application? 

- I have a fee waiver so I don't have to submit a supp fee. And Casper was completed on June 4th and sent. 

That time frame has been all over the place.

As a general rule I would contact my admissions counselor if it was over a week. If you don't have an admissions counselor assigned yet or don't know who they are just contact the general admissions number/email and they will forward you to the correct person.

2 hours ago, Csuarez812 said:

Anyone have tips for the interview? 

This may sound kind of cheesy, but be yourself and show them why you are perfect for the program. I can’t give any specific questions, but as with any interview, show them  what strengths you have that will help you tackle a PA program like this one. I was stressing over the interviews too, mainly with what I’d be asked...will it be specific to any classes? How in depth will it be? Will there be behavioral questions?...it’ll stress you out going through all of the scenarios. I think the best mindset to be in is to try not to stress, be confident and happy (I mean come on, you got an interview, you’re amazing as is), and be excited (this is your chance to meet with a future colleague and get to know them). As for being prepared for questions, have situations from your experiences  ready to answer typical questions. It’s hard to think of one on the spot. If you can, write some down, it’ll force you to think how you responded, it’ll flow a lot easier during the interview. 

ps: I’m from the second interview round. I had my personal on 7/8, my academic on 7/14, post interview session 7/16 and received acceptance call on 7/23 around 6pm PDT. 

Edited by Tomtom98
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 7/28/2020 at 11:52 PM, joethepa said:

Hi. I have been under review since 7/10 and I haven’t heard anything yet. Good luck!

• Like 1