2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

14 minutes ago, VicBH said:

Anyone else out there still waiting for a response? I was under review 7/20, but haven’t been rejected or invited to interview. I’m weighing continued patience against reaching out to my advisor (I know they are so busy right now!)...

I am in the same boat, but I receive"under review" 7/14. I contacted my counselor she said it would take 4-6 weeks, but that is an estimated time frame. So it could take longer. I am on my 6th week. 😰

3 hours ago, Gretch1212 said:

Has anyone received any feedback on what to do better next year if you were rejected? I emailed Yale but I never got a response. I am just trying to find out what I need to focus on for next year. Thanks 

I emailed Brian, his response to my email was as follows: 

I appreciate your email. Unfortunately, we do not provide specific application feedback. However, in general, you may improve the strength of your application by retaking any prerequisite course in which you did not earn an A grade and increase your community service and shadowing hours.

Hi all! I received an interview invite (yay! 🙂  ) and am aware there will be two portions to it: one academic and one personal. Does anyone know what the academic interview portion entails? I may be completely naive, but what sorts of questions does this entail/how do I prepare for the academic portion? I assume the personal interview is the standard "tell me about why you want to be a PA, your experiences, etc.". Thank you! 

3 hours ago, rachelouise said:

Hi all! I received an interview invite (yay! 🙂  ) and am aware there will be two portions to it: one academic and one personal. Does anyone know what the academic interview portion entails? I may be completely naive, but what sorts of questions does this entail/how do I prepare for the academic portion? I assume the personal interview is the standard "tell me about why you want to be a PA, your experiences, etc.". Thank you! 

Congrats and good luck! Nobody is allowed to share anything about interviews, however. They explicitly ask that everything is kept private. But there are so many videos, books, websites, and other prep materials out there!

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I applied end of July and was sent a rejection letter last week. I was wondering for those who applied relatively late (mid/end of July) but who got interview invitations if you would be willing to share your stats? Yale really was my dream program and if I don't get into other programs I look forward to re-applying to Yale next year and would like to fix certain things that may have been an issue for them. 

Thanks!

Sara

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YCrossPA said:

I emailed Brian, his response to my email was as follows: 

I appreciate your email. Unfortunately, we do not provide specific application feedback. However, in general, you may improve the strength of your application by retaking any prerequisite course in which you did not earn an A grade and increase your community service and shadowing hours.

Thanks, Grace called me today and pretty much said the same thing. Thank you 

1 hour ago, Jay102888 said:

Just received an interview Invite today as well. I'm very nervous, this will be my first ever interview. I selected my academic and personal interview on two separate days due to my work schedule. I know no one is allowed to share any information but can anyone offer any tips? lol

Would you mind sharing your application stats?

1 hour ago, Csuarez812 said:

Does anyone who was accepted remember what area code the call came from just so we keep an eye out and dont pick up calls every telemarketer on earth lol. 

If Janie makes the calls again, it will probably be a NC number, I don’t recall the area code, but my iPhone told me NC

• Like 2