2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Hey y'all, I was offered an interview! so excited! I know they are pretty strict, but I was wondering if those of you that interviewed could share what formate it's in? Was it very formal or informal? I'm asking, because the time that they provided doesn't seem very long...so I'm guessing informal? Sorry if the question is too intrusive! i know they are strict. just want to get an idea. Thanks!

• Like 2

Hi All! So I interviewed in the last group and I have been following this group to stay up to date. This morning I received a call from a 336 area code, however, I was in the OR so I could not answer it right away. The person left a 5 second message that I can not make out and when I try calling back the number it says "User Busy". I feel like it is not a coincidence that I would receive a 336 area phone call within 24 hours of reading this post about the area code. Anyway, has anyone else heard anything or had a similar experience? 

9 minutes ago, Anderhan said:

Hi All! So I interviewed in the last group and I have been following this group to stay up to date. This morning I received a call from a 336 area code, however, I was in the OR so I could not answer it right away. The person left a 5 second message that I can not make out and when I try calling back the number it says "User Busy". I feel like it is not a coincidence that I would receive a 336 area phone call within 24 hours of reading this post about the area code. Anyway, has anyone else heard anything or had a similar experience? 

If it makes you feel better I interviewed this last round and have not gotten a call yet. It doesn’t mean it wasn’t them but I haven’t heard anything yet 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Anderhan said:

I’d call back till I got an answer 😂 It could be spam, but ya never know!

2 hours ago, Anderhan said:

I think they will send an email after the call regardless but I also haven’t heard anything and I was in the last round of interviews as well!

Hi all, I'm a little late to the application process for Yale, but I just learned that my application is now under faculty review! Congratulations to all who have been accepted, upcoming interviewees, and hopefuls still awaiting communications...remember you've done so much to get to where you are today and any program would be honored to have you as part of their cohort. 

• Like 2

Welcome, new classmates! Congratulations! come join us over at "Yale PA Online 2023 Cohort" Facebook page. 

For others still waiting to hear, do not panic. I remember seeing acceptances in the morning and feeling defeated and crying. I was on the west coast and did not get my call until 6pm PT (that was 9pm for Janie!).  Go do something and clear your mind and feel proud of yourself no matter what the outcome is. 

Head up.

Edited by PAgoalgetter
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, PathtoPAC said:

Does anyone know if all the acceptance calls go out at once? I'm at work trying to not overthink and give myself a freaking aneurysm but I'm freaking out. 

I’m in the exact same boat! I’ve been freaking out too... I’ve been trying to steer clear of the forum lately to try to stay calm but I managed to see the calls coming in today and I’m feeling it. Best of luck to you! 

47 minutes ago, PAgoalgetter said:

Welcome, new classmates! Congratulations! come join us over at "Yale PA Online 2023 Cohort" Facebook page. 

For others still waiting to hear, do not panic. I remember seeing acceptances in the morning and feeling defeated and crying. I was on the west coast and did not get my call until 6pm PT (that was 9pm for Janie!).  Go do something and clear your mind and feel proud of yourself no matter what the outcome is. 

Head up.

I’m anxiously awaiting to see if I get the call today! Do you happen to know if calls go out alphabetically?! For instance if your last name is at the end of the alphabet it would make sense that your call was so late in the day?! I’m definitely overthinking it, but just curious.