2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

On 6/25/2020 at 5:44 AM, CLBluebonnet said:

Those with Interview invites....If you feel like sharing what day you have it, I'll add you to my Good Vibes/Prayer list! (or you can DM)

I know that "Thoughts and Prayers" can seem empty sometimes....but both can be mighty powerful too. We're all in this together!

❤️

Thank you so much, Chelsea! I know you always look after us! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers to help us through this time! My interview dates will be on 7/9 and 7/10. I will take everyone’s interview advice and make it into my own pregame plans! 💖

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, awalt08 said:

Essay Questions... I stated in my personal statement why I want to become a PA. Did you just restate this in the question portion? 

I do not recommend restating anything from your personal statement. Use the three essays as an opportunity to talk about your other experiences that weren’t elaborated on in your application. Maybe that’s a volunteer or leadership experience? 
As an example, while my military experience/background was mentioned a few different times throughout my application, I didn’t talk about the same story or specific example more than once.

You want to give the admissions committee as much info about you as possible so they can offer you and interview invite! 

Edited by emilymuff
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

I do not recommend restating anything from your personal statement. Use the three essays as an opportunity to talk about your other experiences that weren’t elaborated on in your application. Maybe that’s a volunteer or leadership experience? 
As an example, while my military experience/background was mentioned a few different times throughout my application, I didn’t talk about the same story or specific example more than once.

You want to give the admissions committee as much info about you as possible so they can offer you and interview invite! 

I knew I was thinking too much!! 

Guest mands

HAPPY FRI YAY! 

today is the day i'm allowed to email my admissions counselor again (he requested I follow up email today)!! I will let you all know as soon as I get a response 🙂

Guest mands

WOAH he called like 15 minutes after I sent the email. Said that my "under review" email is delayed because of the extra stuff I had to get to him. And to call again monday for more updates. Darn waiting game! : ) 

Guest mands
15 minutes ago, shockdropnroll said:

For those of you who are new to zoom and are worried about a background, you can upload a photo to have as your background which blurs out everything except for you. 

imagine, me, putting a tropical island as my background photo - "i'm not at home right now, i'm somewhere else" LMAO! I love this idea though because my room is hideous. 

@scullyama i'm still anxious! ahhh! like, I hate when we gotta deal with the bulk of the weekends. I used to love weekends until recently LOL

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 11:55 PM, Krystalized said:

You posted back in May that you applied to Yale and asked question about the CASPer test. I’m unsure how you are confused by them providing you with information when at some point you showed Interest in the school. Most of the emails are auto send and you are able to take your name off the distribution list and block the emails and calls as you wish. This is all under your control. I would suggest you do this if you are this concerned. I would also point out that you can leave this Yale forum anytime you want and are not required to be on here for any reason. The people on this forum are desperately trying to get into “this yale” school and in no way find it “annoying” to receive communication from a VERY well established and prestigious school. 

hey cool it down ok, its a forum and I will post what I feel about issue's I faced with a school , u have problem with my post then don't read it! looks like also u also don't read right I asked about the school in may fyi, no where it shows u I applied to it. Don't over talk!

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, awalt08 said:

Essay Questions... I stated in my personal statement why I want to become a PA. Did you just restate this in the question portion? 

I agree with Em! @emilymuff this is your opportunity to show yourself in the best way. I wouldn’t restate anything either. Tell your story and list why you are amazing and why they should want you!!! Think about what the prompt is asking and answer it wholeheartedly! Good luck! 

Guest mands
13 minutes ago, bersabeh said:

hey cool it down ok, its a forum and I will post what I feel about issue's I faced with a school , u have problem with my post then don't read it! looks like also u also don't read right I asked about the school in may fyi, no where it shows u I applied to it. Don't over talk!

Hey, Maybe you just need to explain your situation instead of coming off so heated from the jump off? 

Consider maybe introducing yourself, your situation, your status in applying/not applying, etc. 

Actually, it does. Yale didn't just pick you through any "scouting" method because of amazing stats or HCE. Did you click "add program" on Yale Online in caspa? The second you click the (+) to add it, they get your information. I did that with some schools and ended up deleting it later. They still contacted me to discuss admissions/my app being "in progress", even if I don't plan on submitting. It isn't something that's solely unique to Yale. It's a business move to get more applicants to fluff up their numbers and make their admission rate look harder to get into. 

No one is over talking, everything you posted in PA forum EVER is clear on your profile. It shows every comment you've ever posted, and it's really easy to deduce your situation, even if it's not the picture in full.

We're a big friendly group of people, we appreciate each other, and we lift each others up! We're trying to keep it wholesome here with the love we pass around. Given if you do get accepted by "that yale", you'd have to work with some of the voices in this chat. Be kind, and we'd be more than happy to acclimate you into our little thread and help you out. 

Edited by mands

Hi everyone!

I have been following this thread silently, and I really appreciate the support and comradery in this group! Like many of you all, this school is my best bet as with family relocating is not very feasible.

I finally received the email that my application is under review, I submitted on 5/23. Does anyone know approximately how long it would be until I receive any interview notification?

So nervous!

Thank you for being so welcoming!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ScullyAMA said:

Made it to the end of the week without a rejection (so far)! How is everyone else doing??? 😋

@ScullyAMA: Same here. Hoping for the best. I guess this is a forum and will just have to respect whatever one's post is. Remember there is no such thing as a perfect forum. We just have to ignore and continue to be a supportive people that we are.  As a future PA, we have to think that we will encounter difficult patients and we should still handle them with care. 😇

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScullyAMA said:

Made it to the end of the week without a rejection (so far)! How is everyone else doing??? 😋

Since i submitted and was verified so "long" ago, I am pretty much assuming that I will be rejected but am still nervous to get the email 🙈! Such an amazing program with few other options for my current circumstances. Trying to focus on my long term goal of being a PA vs the school I attend to get me to that goal. 

19 minutes ago, Applyingfor2020 said:

Since i submitted and was verified so "long" ago, I am pretty much assuming that I will be rejected but am still nervous to get the email 🙈! Such an amazing program with few other options for my current circumstances. Trying to focus on my long term goal of being a PA vs the school I attend to get me to that goal. 

Just stay positive. I know all of us wants this so bad. I hope you'll get an invite soon.

• Upvote 1

Guest PA4day
21 minutes ago, Applyingfor2020 said:

I think I submitted around the same time as you! I understand where you’re coming from. Good news is that we are still in the running. 😊

Guest mands

to keep myself busy today, i made a linked in! I think this is a great thing for people needing to fidget with something while they wait to get their mind off PA school for a few hours! It's a good thing to have a internet presence that isn't just informal social media 🙂

I just got my rejection email. I’m bummed but I’m actually not as upset as I thought I would be. Probably because the last few days I’ve been telling myself that it is 100% okay if I don’t get into even 1 school this cycle because there’s always next year. You have all been awesome and feel free to message me with any questions/concerns — I want to help however I can! I wish you all the best! ❤️

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, maddielyman said:

I just got my rejection email. I’m bummed but I’m actually not as upset as I thought I would be. Probably because the last few days I’ve been telling myself that it is 100% okay if I don’t get into even 1 school this cycle because there’s always next year. You have all been awesome and feel free to message me with any questions/concerns — I want to help however I can! I wish you all the best! ❤️

Hey friend! I’m sorry to hear your news. I’m soooo happy that you have such an amazing attitude about it. You will be a PA! Stay with this. I’m hopeful for you. Let me know if you need anything. 💕 good luck 

• Like 1