2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

4 hours ago, Kikime06 said:

Good luck to everyone doing interviews! I'll keep my fingers crossed for y'all! 

Heads up......

One of my interviews DID go over. I interviewed for almost 45 min. Keep that in mind with scheduling. The other interview was a tiny bit over 30. 

When y'all get in come and join our fabulous facebook group! Yale PA Online 2021 Cohort. We have a lot of great resources on there already like a document with tips from current students and we even have a current student in our group who is doing a Zoom meeting with us soon to help us out. 

Best of luck to everyone interviewing this week, and for those waiting..... TREAT YO SELF. Go do something to zen out and destress. You got this.

Hi! I got my interview invite yesterday!! Does anyone know how long after it takes to hear about acceptance?!? Also is this the first round of interviews for this cycle?

Good luck to everyone and wish us all good luck! It's happening! 

Edited by madi.loruss
  • Like 1

I’ve read Savanna’s book and have done mock interviews with people. As well as talk to myself during my morning walk with the dog and baby as if I am answering interview questions...so I’m sure I looked a little psycho at times. 

Are you familiar with Andrew Rodican’s book about interviewing? I’m debating which one to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest mands
28 minutes ago, bersabeh said:

This yale seems to be an annoying school, I did not apply or call but they kept on bothering me sending me email, inviting me to forum, calling me for counseling. what the heck! I told her if you so interested in me why don't you just accept me without me applying.

Considering how many people are gonna get turned down in the end, I would be flattered if they did this to me! 

2 hours ago, Haroon said:

How are you all preparing for interviews?

I used Savanna Perry's book (which was the most helpful for me) as well as these websites: https://www.mypatraining.com/pa-school-interview-questions-going-beyond-the-basics/

http://www.mypatraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/PDF__The_Physician_Assistant_School_Interview.pdf

https://www.mockquestions.com/position/Physician+Assistant/

I also watched mock interviews on youtube and Savanna's mock interviews last night. The best advice I've found is to think of stories for the types of situations they will ask you about and know how you can adapt those stories to multiple questions.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bersabeh said:

This yale seems to be an annoying school, I did not apply or call but they kept on bothering me sending me email, inviting me to forum, calling me for counseling. what the heck! I told her if you so interested in me why don't you just accept me without me applying.

You posted back in May that you applied to Yale and asked question about the CASPer test. I’m unsure how you are confused by them providing you with information when at some point you showed Interest in the school. Most of the emails are auto send and you are able to take your name off the distribution list and block the emails and calls as you wish. This is all under your control. I would suggest you do this if you are this concerned. I would also point out that you can leave this Yale forum anytime you want and are not required to be on here for any reason. The people on this forum are desperately trying to get into “this yale” school and in no way find it “annoying” to receive communication from a VERY well established and prestigious school. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, bersabeh said:

hey cool it down ok, its a forum and I will post what I feel about issue's I faced with a school , u have problem with my post then don't read it! looks like also u also don't read right I asked about the school in may fyi, no where it shows u I applied to it. Don't over talk!

So I’m not trying to “over talk” at all. I’m explaining options for you to be done with Yale if it is such an annoying school to you. I read well thanks. If you didn’t apply to Yale I’m not sure why you are on this forum. Feel free to exercise your right to post whatever you want I was simply trying to explain that it comes off a little distasteful to casually talk down about a school that so many people on here are trying desperately to be a part of. However, if that is how to want to do it, by all means, feel free. I will not read a post by you again or reach out to try to help you solve a “problem” that is clearly under your control so no worries there. Good luck to you and to whatever school you end up in. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Krystalized said:

So I’m not trying to “over talk” at all. I’m explaining options for you to be done with Yale if it is such an annoying school to you. I read well thanks. If you didn’t apply to Yale I’m not sure why you are on this forum. Feel free to exercise your right to post whatever you want I was simply trying to explain that it comes off a little distasteful to casually talk down about a school that so many people on here are trying desperately to be a part of. However, if that is how to want to do it, by all means, feel free. I will not read a post by you again or reach out to try to help you solve a “problem” that is clearly under your control so no worries there. Good luck to you and to whatever school you end up in. 

::starts singing Bette Midler:: did I ever tell you you’re my hero?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, madi.loruss said:

Hi! I got my interview invite yesterday!! Does anyone know how long after it takes to hear about acceptance?!? Also is this the first round of interviews for this cycle?

Good luck to everyone and wish us all good luck! It's happening! 

This is the second round this cycle. I'm also interested in hearing from anyone accepted how long the time between interview and acceptance was? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MegSJ said:

This is the second round this cycle. I'm also interested in hearing from anyone accepted how long the time between interview and acceptance was? 

I am a part of the second round of interviews, but from speaking from those who have already been accepted, it was about 3 weeks in between the last interview day to the day of acceptance. @Krystalized and @CLBluebonnet can give

more insight 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

I am a part of the second round of interviews, but from speaking from those who have already been accepted, it was about 3 weeks in between the last interview day to the day of acceptance. @Krystalized and @CLBluebonnet can give

more insight 

It was about one and a half weeks from the day of last interviews. I'm pretty sure I interviewed on the last week and here was my timeline:

6/5:    My last interview. Friday of the last week.

6/16:  Notified of acceptance

So that's a little less than two weeks between them. That's a quick turnaround, but it felt like forever waiting because I was so anxious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MegSJ said:

My interview was June 5th. Accepted (WOOT WOOT!) June 16. I would plan for 2-3 weeks for a decision. I would say the wait from interviews to acceptance is the hardest one and so many are tempted to call or email to ask questions but I would be careful with that. Patience is hard but it is a virtue and the longer they take the more throughly they are reviewing YOU. That how I thought about it anyway. Everyday that they don’t call you is a day without a rejection right? Good luck!!! I am pulling for you! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kikime06 said:

It was about one and a half weeks from the day of last interviews. I'm pretty sure I interviewed on the last week and here was my timeline:

6/5:    My last interview. Friday of the last week.

6/16:  Notified of acceptance

So that's a little less than two weeks between them. That's a quick turnaround, but it felt like forever waiting because I was so anxious. 

Wow, that is a pretty quick turnaround! Thank you for clarifying for me. I think I just remembered people saying their interviewers told them 2-3 weeks so I guess I was going off that.

And congratulations again! ☺️

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bersabeh said:

hey cool it down ok, its a forum and I will post what I feel about issue's I faced with a school , u have problem with my post then don't read it! looks like also u also don't read right I asked about the school in may fyi, no where it shows u I applied to it. Don't over talk!

Hey, I have to agree with @Krystalized We try to help each other out in the process here. Do you need help with something? If not, I think this isnt the place for you to needlessly bring others down. @bersabeh

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

I hear @bersabeh frustration. I interviewed last year to the Yale program and was encouraged multiple times to apply again this year. However, it seems like I won't be interviewed this year as I have not received an interview invite. It does seem a little frustrating that they worked so hard to have me reapply but won't give me a further opportunity to interview. 

I think that just like everything else in life, the best things can also be the worst. The amazing communication and access to advisors  of the Yale program is amazing but for someone else that same constant communication can be very hard when it doesn't feel authentic.  

That being said, the program does seem amazing for what they offer and how they offer it. Everyone this cycle who has gotten accepted and who is interviewing should be flattered for the opportunity they were given. For those that have received rejections or who will receive rejections I am with you in the frustrations of not being able to benefit from such an awesome program. 

* I hope I am not taking away from the support of the forum to all those who are interviewing or who have been accepted. This forum truly has been an amazing place to see the support and I wanted to expand it to the frustrations that exist in trying to get into any program. 

Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 1

Guest PA4day

Just want to say - I love this forum! I had to move across the country for the military and it makes me feel a lot less alone in the process. Thank you guys for all being awesome. 😊

We all try to get along and help each other here. We all have an ultimate goal of becoming a PA. I'm so proud of everyone that has joined this chat and I am happy to help in anyway I can and am allowed to! Good luck for the upcoming interviews and good luck for those still waiting to hear! Those wait listed, You got this far and this is a huge accomplishment, hold out you might be surprised from what I understand several people got seats off the wait list last year!

-Andrea

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, PA4day said:

Just want to say - I love this forum! I had to move across the country for the military and it makes me feel a lot less alone in the process. Thank you guys for all being awesome. 😊

I can absolutely relate! We are also moving across the country because of the military. It is nice to find stability wherever we can. 🙂 

Guest PA4day
3 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

I can absolutely relate! We are also moving across the country because of the military. It is nice to find stability wherever we can. 🙂 

So true! 🙂 It can get exhausting but I love this lifestyle. I’ve got to meet so many different people and experience new cultures.  Good luck on the move!

CL bluebonnet here, I created a whole other account at work and hid in a closet to leave this food for thought. Mostly for @bersabeh, but a good reminder for us all. 

this might double post because I can’t find what I just wrote.

Everything you post is public. We have over 50k views in this thread alone. Many of us lurked long before we chimed in. Do you think schools would do this as well? What about current students that can feed info forward? 

This includes insta-face-tweet-snap as well. Are you encouraging, uplifting, professional? Are you petty, immature, and bring people down? Have you gone through the filter: is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? Do you perpetuate rumor and speculation? Do you fact check and refer to a primary source for accurate info?

PA school applications are competitive, we ALL look good on paper, we can ALL keep it together for an interview, but what about when we think no one is looking? 

Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves. We try to support an uplift here. We’ve all struggled in our own way. We’ve all though about giving up. We’ve all gotten frustrated..... no one needs more of that from a forum. 

As a profession PAs collaborate. We WORK TOGETHER. This is a good place to practice.

Marinade on that 💜

• Like 12
  • Upvote 3