2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

7 minutes ago, CLBlueflower said:

CL bluebonnet here, I created a whole other account at work and hid in a closet to leave this food for thought. Mostly for @bersabeh, but a good reminder for us all. 

this might double post because I can’t find what I just wrote.

Everything you post is public. We have over 50k views in this thread alone. Many of us lurked long before we chimed in. Do you think schools would do this as well? What about current students that can feed info forward? 

This includes insta-face-tweet-snap as well. Are you encouraging, uplifting, professional? Are you petty, immature, and bring people down? Have you gone through the filter: is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? Do you perpetuate rumor and speculation? Do you fact check and refer to a primary source for accurate info?

PA school applications are competitive, we ALL look good on paper, we can ALL keep it together for an interview, but what about when we think no one is looking? 

Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves. We try to support an uplift here. We’ve all struggled in our own way. We’ve all though about giving up. We’ve all gotten frustrated..... no one needs more of that from a forum. 

As a profession PAs collaborate. We WORK TOGETHER. This is a good place to practice.

Marinade on that 💜

Could not have said it better.

I wanted to chime in and say that it seems like all of us are available for each other offline, whether we get in this cycle or not. How we handle ourselves under great pressure, whether self-inflicted or not, is carried with us and influences what challenges we'll face next. The best thing we can do for ourselves in times of adversity is take a step back, take a deep breath, gather our thoughts, and go back at it. I applaud anyone for putting themselves on the line time and time again. Let's just all bring our best foot forward, and if and when we need someone to talk to, let's private message each other. 

Everyone here has made this process so much easier to handle, and I thank you all for that 💚

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love how you brought in the idea of collaboration and team work- qualities that are so important to the PA profession. I completely agree that what we say is public and even more so how we say it can be interpreted in so many different ways. But i do think that communicating a frustration (in an appropriate way) is part of supporting and forums. Like you said, we all get frustrated 🙂 and the forums helps us through such a process. 

Thank you for the reminder of etiquette and for bringing us back to the purpose of our forum to support each other getting into school. 

I remember awhile back in the forum there was some talk about what people were doing to keep themselves busy during the waiting time....Any new people have good suggestions????

29 minutes ago, Applyingfor2020 said:

I remember awhile back in the forum there was some talk about what people were doing to keep themselves busy during the waiting time....Any new people have good suggestions????

I got a big electric hedge trimmer for my birthday and am going to get creative with my shrubs. I could enjoy a good Edward Scissorhands style... I might take a page from @emilymuff's book and practice talking through my experiences in medicine in preparation for my interviews. Give the neighbors a little something to talk about...

image.png.808c1a817d9b457ef04241fd4fda25b4.png

Edited by thelongglass
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, thelongglass said:

I got a big electric hedge trimmer for my birthday and am going to get creative with my shrubs. I could enjoy a good Edward Scissorhands style... I might take a page from @emilymuff's book and practice talking through my experiences in medicine in preparation for my interviews. Give the neighbors a little something to talk about...

🤣 I love it! Hope to see photos of your work!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Applyingfor2020 said:

I've been cleaning house, tending to my gardens, watching cooking shows, writing letters, my yoga studio opened, and my dog training classes have opened back up! (Things are feeling more "normal") First day back since COVID, and my pup leveled up to level 2/4 in training (shooting for her canine good citizen certificate)!! I'm training her to be a therapy dog, so I can volunteer WITH HER! The dream... 🐶

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thelongglass said:

This makes me giggle! I agree. You should share your work once you’re done. Maybe we could just all entertain each other with our shenanigans! 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hhk213 said:

Does anyone know if the interview spots are all full???

When are they stopping the interview process????

Am i considered late to apply....

I understand you're stressed about not getting an interview, I'm in the same boat, but we are still early in the process. If you submitted before June 1st you meet the priority deadline, but even those that didn't meet this deadline will still get interviews. Last year, because Yale didn't do applications through CASPA, they started sending out interview invites in April and the latest interview was all the way into October. The application deadline isn't even until September. It looks like they send out groups of invites, but just because we weren't invited in this last group doesn't mean that we won't ever get an interview. We still have 3-4 more months of possible interview invites. Stay positive! Like it was said earlier, no news is still good news! ❤️

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, thelongglass said:

This is perfect! Hands busy, mind busy! Your neighbors will be jealous of your well articulated words and your killer hedges! 

• Like 1

Weeds. We live in Eastern washington. The earwigs have been out of control this year. We bombed our house this week (gave us a good excuse to go camping and then golfing for a few hours the next morning). My husband went around the house and cut down all of my perennials so that he could spray down the foundation really good. He left my one favorite lily plant... But I know that particular one is a draw for them little creepy crawlers so I told him to cut it down. Only one flower had bloomed on it, it was almost ready to go hog wild. Again, sadness. I love those flowers. Hopefully my red ones bloom soon so I can oogle over them instead. 

On a side note regarding the less pleasant topic- like many others here I had to bite my tongue. Just as CLblueflower said, this is a public forum. They may not know who each of us are by name, but such personalities rarely can keep under covers for long. I would hope that each of us, as we choose our paths in life, consider how we contribute to our own situation, both positive and negative. What you give the universe, the universe gives back. That is the beauty of this group, the positive energy we share with each other multiplies into the positive energy and encouragement we are able to share amongst ourselves. I can only hope that others will one day grow into that mindset and leave such contentiousness and negativity behind, especially when and where it serves no real purpose. There is enough of that out in the world, let's not needlessly spread it any further. Love you ladies that you consciously choose to move forward, work together, and choose better, as individuals and as a group 🙂 this is what is needed, both in healthcare and to heal our society and nation.

• Like 3

@Aroohoo well said! I know there is at least one guy on this forum too. 😉

Otherwise, I have loved reading all of your posts. It's amazing to feel the positivity. I usually get extremely anxious about interviewing - this is my second time applying. However, reading these posts has been so uplifting that I feel less anxious and extremely excited! I would love to be in a cohort with any of you, and if not I would love to someday work with some of you! 💚

• Like 1

I’m still on the waitlist and checking my phone for calls/emails. 🤣 it’s just become a habit now, lol. Still hoping and praying for a spot in the program with you amazing gals ( and guys)!  For those of you still waiting to hear something back, I know it’s so stressful; hold tight and breathe! There is still a LONG ways to go! Remember the cycle doesn’t close for a couple more months and they stated they could possibly still be contacting people for positions in December. I’m definitely learning patience.🤪🤪 I hope the next round of interviews go well for everyone! Also, where my Tennessee people ?!?! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guest mands
12 hours ago, Applyingfor2020 said:

I love how you brought in the idea of collaboration and team work- qualities that are so important to the PA profession. I completely agree that what we say is public and even more so how we say it can be interpreted in so many different ways. But i do think that communicating a frustration (in an appropriate way) is part of supporting and forums. Like you said, we all get frustrated 🙂 and the forums helps us through such a process. 

Thank you for the reminder of etiquette and for bringing us back to the purpose of our forum to support each other getting into school. 

I'm trying to get into roller skating! I bought a skateboard and it hasn't been that good for me since there's a wonky wheel (darn cheepo thing off offer up). So, now i'm gonna try roller skates while I fix my wheel! 

Alright, ScullyAMA, me, and a few others (i'm sorry I don't remember) are the SoCal peeps, but I have not heard a PEEP from anyone from New York or Illinois (my other home states). I know all you are out there!! 

5 hours ago, mands said:

I'm trying to get into roller skating! I bought a skateboard and it hasn't been that good for me since there's a wonky wheel (darn cheepo thing off offer up). So, now i'm gonna try roller skates while I fix my wheel! 

Alright, ScullyAMA, me, and a few others (i'm sorry I don't remember) are the SoCal peeps, but I have not heard a PEEP from anyone from New York or Illinois (my other home states). I know all you are out there!! 

I’m from Chicago 🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️ Hello !!!! 

6 minutes ago, CLBluebonnet said:

Those with Interview invites....If you feel like sharing what day you have it, I'll add you to my Good Vibes/Prayer list! (or you can DM)

I know that "Thoughts and Prayers" can seem empty sometimes....but both can be mighty powerful too. We're all in this together!

❤️

You are awesome, Chelsea. Thank you for adding me (us) to your prayers. I really appreciate it.

Both my interviews are on the 6th. 

🤍

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CLBluebonnet said:

Those with Interview invites....If you feel like sharing what day you have it, I'll add you to my Good Vibes/Prayer list! (or you can DM)

I know that "Thoughts and Prayers" can seem empty sometimes....but both can be mighty powerful too. We're all in this together!

❤️

I’ll take any thoughts, prayers, juju, anything it takes it to get in! Thank you for the offer, both of mine are on July 10th. ❤️ 

Edited by Hkane
  • Like 2

Hi everyone,

First off just wanted to say this forum is amazing. Yall are so encouraging of each other and positive and that is such a breath of fresh air because some other forums have such a "dog eat dog" vibe. I am definitely not about that sort of vibe. Just wanted to chime in on the coversation.

So a little bit of an intro, im a New Jersey native, i havent seen any other jersey folk post so im assuming im the only one, so no pressure on me lol 😅. My app got verified on June 1st, the under review email on the 9th and interview invite on the 22nd.

To those who were already accepted, cogratulations. I am so happy for you. Go 'head witcha bad self, you yale student lol. 

To those who were rejected, i understand the frustration, but keep your head up champs. Dont quit, that grit is going to get you somewhere, just keep trucking.

To those who are waiting for answers, notifications and anything in between, i totally get that too lol. It is ROUGH, but we have each other and yall got this. 

Edited by AJO0603
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AJO0603 said:

Hi everyone,

First off just wanted to say this forum is amazing. Yall are so encouraging of each other and positive and that is such a breath of fresh air because some other forums have such a "dog eat dog" vibe. I am definitely not about that sort of vibe. Just wanted to chime in on the coversation.

So a little bit of an intro, im a New Jersey native, i havent seen any other jersey folk post so im assuming im the only one, so no pressure on me lol 😅. My app got verified on June 1st, the under review email on the 9th and interview invite on the 22nd.

To those who were already accepted, cogratulations. I am so happy for you. Go 'head witcha bad self, you yale student lol. 

To those who were rejected, i understand the frustration, but keep your head up champs. Dont quit, that grit is going to get you somewhere, just keep trucking.

To those who are waiting for answers, notifications and anything in between, i totally get that too lol. It is ROUGH, but we have each other and yall got this. 

Welcome and good luck on your interviews!

21 minutes ago, AJO0603 said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome! I’m from Philly originally, so kinda close...depending on where in Jersey you’re from, but now I live in Texas. Best of luck to you!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CLBluebonnet said:

❤️

Thank you 💙💙💙💙 Mine are on 7/7 ☺️

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:38 PM, madi.loruss said:

Hi! I got my interview invite yesterday!! Does anyone know how long after it takes to hear about acceptance?!? Also is this the first round of interviews for this cycle?

Good luck to everyone and wish us all good luck! It's happening! 

Hi!  And welcome!  

I bide my time with work, 4 busy kiddos, a household, and school to try and maneuver. Outside of those things I swear I have no additional time. It’s been a crazy month and I’m ready for some vacation time.