2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

22 hours ago, Hkane said:

How flexible with timing were they? I’m nervous about working it around my work/call schedule.

They only gave me 3 days to pick from in a week so not a whole lot of flexibility but the interviews are suppose to only be 30 minutes each.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

@Hkane same here only three days to chose from but multiple time slots that day. Maybe someone could cover call for you for those 2- 30 minute slots? 

I’m sure a coworker would help me out. This is all the cart before the horse though, Yale received my application Thursday and my payment Friday so I’m still hoping to be lucky enough to get an interview. 🤞

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hkane said:

I’m sure a coworker would help me out. This is all the cart before the horse though, Yale received my application Thursday and my payment Friday so I’m still hoping to be lucky enough to get an interview. 🤞

Lol I have my fingers crossed for all y’all. Getting in before the priority deadline is a major accomplishment. It’s not easy to get everything together in those first precious weeks. It really shows how dedicated and passionate we are. I hope you are rewarded with an interview invite tomorrow morning! 

As far as the cart before the horse thing nothing wrong with good planning to set yourself up for a good outcome! 😉

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

Those who are doing interviews, what are you planning on wearing? I didnt even think about this!! lol, all I have are scrubs and sweats!!

I would definitely recommend wearing something professional like a suit. Maybe you could borrow one? There are a lot of sales right now like Banana Republic, and a suit or nice blazer may be a good investment for future use. I have also heard that H&M has decent blazers as well 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 4:38 PM, Jlnisbett said:

I also got my interview invite Monday! I'm so nervous and excited! Good luck to all of you!! Wondering how long after interviews they will make a decision and let you know if you are accepted or not??...that waiting afterwards will be tough!

Good luck! Did you have your interview? 

3 hours ago, emilymuff said:

I would definitely recommend wearing something professional like a suit. Maybe you could borrow one? There are a lot of sales right now like Banana Republic, and a suit or nice blazer may be a good investment for future use. I have also heard that H&M has decent blazers as well 

I agree! It may be an investment, but it will be worth it. You would not want to stand out due to your attire - try to make that a non-issue so they can focus on what you have to bring to their program

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, awalt08 said:

For those who have already applied. 

Did you restate from your personal statement to the Yale questions ? 

I didn’t. My personal statement and each of the other essays were all different. I tried to use different experiences also. Just wanted to get as much of me out there as I could. 

32 minutes ago, bri23w said:

Hey!

Does anyone have any insight on what to expect from each interview? Personal vs Academic? Thanks!

The only insight I've personally gotten was from reading last year's forum, so things could have changed. However, they said the interviewers try to make it a relaxed environment. There was no info regrading questions though. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Clsmith said:

I just submitted my application so I thought I’d join this discussion. Waiting to hear back is going to be so hard, I’m so anxious! Good luck to everyone!! 

Congrats! I know it feels good to get it done, now the tougher part is waiting to hear back!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krystalized said:

Has anyone heard anything!?! Thinking about everyone this morning.

I got an email from the program this afternoon asking for a syllabus for one of my prerequisite classes. Fingers crossed for everyone! My application was just verified this past Thursday 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 3:57 PM, Jlnisbett said:

Those who are doing interviews, what are you planning on wearing? I didnt even think about this!! lol, all I have are scrubs and sweats!!

@Jlnisbett - I'm going to wear a navy suit. It feels a little strange to dress up to sit in my bedroom, but I want them to know I'm serious. Target in my area has a work-wear section and that's where I got my outfit. The pants needed to be hemmed, which I tried to do myself. 😂 thankfully no one will be looking at my shoes! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mgg29482 said:

I got an email from the program this afternoon asking for a syllabus for one of my prerequisite classes. Fingers crossed for everyone! My application was just verified this past Thursday 

Well that means they are definitely looking at it. That’s great news!!!! I really appreciate that they get right into reviewing the applications. Just shows they are As serious about filling the seats as we are on wanting them!!