UTAH: Utah Valley University

14 hours ago, g2gjee said:

Hi, did you do the tour as well? How many applicants were there during interview day? and how soon did you hear back from them after the interview?

I did the tour, which was very low key and informative.  UVU has a great campus, and some really cool perks for students and families (hello daycare, free pizza, rock climbing wall, and camping equipment rental!)  The tour is led by a student.  I wore nice jeans and a blouse with a jacket.  Others there dressed up, but it definitely wasn't necessary.  It is a walking tour though, so wear comfortable shoes.  One massive benefit to attending the tour (besides the stunning stained glass mural in the library) was getting to know some of my fellow interviewees.  We even met up after the tour to chat further.  It's always nice to have some familiar faces and names when you are in a stressful situation right?  Also, these people are going to be my future colleagues as a physician assistant.  I don't view them as competition, but as friends.  

I didn't count exactly how many interviewees were there for the interview.  I think someone else estimated around 40 in an earlier post, and that seems about right. 

I heard back in under a week, but they tell you to plan on a little longer than that.

If I could offer you all some advice, it would be to get a good night's sleep the night before, don't stress, and be yourself.  It won't be as bad as your worst case scenario, and you probably won't nail everything perfectly (like we all hope to).  Your interview experience will fall somewhere in the middle.  I left my interview breathing a huge sigh of relief, and feeling like it was much better than I thought it would be.

All in all, it is a very exciting program!  Great PAs are going to come out of UVU, and I would be proud to call myself one.  I hope I get the chance to!  Good luck to you all!

I did the tour, which was very low key and informative.  UVU has a great campus, and some really cool perks for students and families (hello daycare, free pizza, rock climbing wall, and camping equipment rental!)  The tour is led by a student.  I wore nice jeans and a blouse with a jacket.  Others there dressed up, but it definitely wasn't necessary.  It is a walking tour though, so wear comfortable shoes.  One massive benefit to attending the tour (besides the stunning stained glass mural in the library) was getting to know some of my fellow interviewees.  We even met up after the tour to chat further.  It's always nice to have some familiar faces and names when you are in a stressful situation right?  Also, these people are going to be my future colleagues as a physician assistant.  I don't view them as competition, but as friends.  
I didn't count exactly how many interviewees were there for the interview.  I think someone else estimated around 40 in an earlier post, and that seems about right. 
I heard back in under a week, but they tell you to plan on a little longer than that.
If I could offer you all some advice, it would be to get a good night's sleep the night before, don't stress, and be yourself.  It won't be as bad as your worst case scenario, and you probably won't nail everything perfectly (like we all hope to).  Your interview experience will fall somewhere in the middle.  I left my interview breathing a huge sigh of relief, and feeling like it was much better than I thought it would be.
All in all, it is a very exciting program!  Great PAs are going to come out of UVU, and I would be proud to call myself one.  I hope I get the chance to!  Good luck to you all!

I would really like to get the tour but unfortunately I’m coming out of state so it might not be possible for me to fly in a day early before interview day. I also got an interview for the 21st. Thank you so much for the thorough response. I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if they are going to have an additional interview? I know there is the third interview coming up, but also that some rejection letters have been sent. I haven’t heard anything since they confirmed my application. 

I saw on a previous post that some people have an interview for this Saturday. (September 21st). And when I heard last they were doing interviews in July, August, and September. Not sure about October though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/16/2019 at 11:12 AM, Mkandersen said:

Does anyone know if they are going to have an additional interview? I know there is the third interview coming up, but also that some rejection letters have been sent. I haven’t heard anything since they confirmed my application. 

I still haven't heard anything either, but their website says that interviews will be conducted during the summer and fall prior to matriculation, and it's not even fall yet, so still hoping for an interview invite. I'm a Utah resident with a decent application so I was really hoping to get an interview! Haven't gotten a rejection letter yet though so I'm still holding out hope! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...