UTAH: Utah Valley University

On 8/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, sdebar said:

How long after everything was completed did you hear back? I am getting anxious even though I just submitted everything very recently. I'm from New York and would love to go to UVU 🙂

Oh nice! I’m a NYC transplant to Utah! I was verified around July 12th, took the CASPer exam May 14th, around July 14th I received an email saying that my app was under review and nothing else was needed. I submitted the supplemental on July 12th also and paid the 45$. I received an interview invite around July 28th! It’s been an amazing experience! Good luck on your app...we are the second group to interview, there’s one more I think in September 

Edited by Farafish260

58 minutes ago, pa5991 said:

For those that have interviewed, how many people in total were interviewed in your session? Considering someone in the post earlier said they only have about 3 interview dates, I am kind of curious now. 

Thanks!

From what I remember when I called admissions was that they had 3 dates, July 20th, August 10th, had another one in September. But it’s a new program so maybe things can change? Based on what I’ve read on this forum it seems like 4-6 people have been offered a seat. I don’t know how many seats are available in the program though 

6 minutes ago, Farafish260 said:

From what I remember when I called admissions was that they had 3 dates, July 20th, August 10th, had another one in September. But it’s a new program so maybe things can change? Based on what I’ve read on this forum it seems like 4-6 people have been offered a seat. I don’t know how many seats are available in the program though 

I believe there are only 3 dates for interviews, class size maximum is 30 based off of the FAQs on the program website.. but I was more so asking how many people interview on each day. Like 20 people each interview date or more than / less than 20. I was curious because 3 interview dates are not a lot so I wanted to know if they are interviewing more students on each date to make up for only having a few interview days or what?? haha 

1 minute ago, pa5991 said:

I believe there are only 3 dates for interviews, class size maximum is 30 based off of the FAQs on the program website.. but I was more so asking how many people interview on each day. Like 20 people each interview date or more than / less than 20. I was curious because 3 interview dates are not a lot so I wanted to know if they are interviewing more students on each date to make up for only having a few interview days or what?? haha 

That’s definitely something to think about. 3 interview dates really isn’t a lot to find 30 candidates unless they are being extremely selective about their interview invites and then they can maybe only interview like 40? Lol.. I have no idea...maybe they interview 15 people per group. The interview does last 6 hours after all 

23 minutes ago, Farafish260 said:

That’s definitely something to think about. 3 interview dates really isn’t a lot to find 30 candidates unless they are being extremely selective about their interview invites and then they can maybe only interview like 40? Lol.. I have no idea...maybe they interview 15 people per group. The interview does last 6 hours after all 

Right!? Either they are picky or people may not be aware of the program? I'm so nervous haha but hopefully someone who has interviewed can shed some light on this!  

Edited by pa5991

1 hour ago, Farafish260 said:

Is anyone on the waitlist a utan or from out of state! Good luck everyone! 

I think where you are from is irrelevant. I'm from Washington State and I was accepted. For those who were waitlisted, you should still be excited because that is not a No! I do understand the disappointment though. I'm sure they need or want to keep so many spots open for each interview, so everyone has an equal chance for a seat. 

10 minutes ago, MZHolden said:

I think where you are from is irrelevant. I'm from Washington State and I was accepted. For those who were waitlisted, you should still be excited because that is not a No! I do understand the disappointment though. I'm sure they need or want to keep so many spots open for each interview, so everyone has an equal chance for a seat. 

The program gives preference to Utah residence and military vets. It’s a state school. So I’m thinking maybe 50% will be from Utah and 50 from out if state but who knows. 

10 minutes ago, MZHolden said:

The program gives preference to Utah residence and military vets. It’s a state school. So I’m thinking maybe 50% will be from Utah and 50 from out if state but who knows. 

On 8/4/2019 at 10:41 PM, pa5991 said:

Right!? Either they are picky or people may not be aware of the program? I'm so nervous haha but hopefully someone who has interviewed can shed some light on this!  

When I interviewed in July, there were 40 applicants, it was a lot but it was also really fun. They said they were planning on doing 3 interview dates with a total of 90-120 applicants total for the cycle! 

On 8/5/2019 at 2:01 PM, pathgirl20 said:

Yes, J Dawgs is in Orem.  It's just up the hill, East of UVU about a mile or so.

I’ll be there around 6:30. Left a little late this morning but If someone can message me or reply on the thread when you guys are there and where you guys are sitting that would be great! Can’t wait to meet you guys! 

1 hour ago, Pa8742 said:

Has anyone that was accepted gotten their acceptance letter yet? 

I have not.....patience is a virtue. haha...I think I check my mail 3 times a day. She said we should get information in the mail within 10 days, but not sure if that's business days or total.

Edited by MZHolden