UTAH: Utah Valley University

1 hour ago, Lovejoyprice said:

I got waitlisted. I got the email yesterday. Are we able to call and ask where we are on the list? I want to know soooo bad.

I honestly don’t know. It seems like a lot of people are waitlisted. I wonder what the accepting stats are? There were a broad range of age, back ground etc at the August interview day 

1 hour ago, paPassion7 said:

Has anyone from the August 10th interview been accepted?

It doesn’t seem so. There were some really strong candidates so hopefully at least a few of them got in. I didn’t get accepted and the U hasn’t started interviewing yet (I only applied to 2 programs) fingers crossed for the U 

20 hours ago, Farafish260 said:

It doesn’t seem so. There were some really strong candidates so hopefully at least a few of them got in. I didn’t get accepted and the U hasn’t started interviewing yet (I only applied to 2 programs) fingers crossed for the U 

I know of one person that was accepted from our August 10th group.  I only applied to those two programs as well.  I hope to see you at the University of Utah interview Farafish260!  Good luck!  I hope we both end up somewhere this year!

23 hours ago, Farafish260 said:

Do you know who got accepted? As far as their background etc? I really hope that you and I get in in Utah also! Did you apply to Rocky Mountain? And if not why not? 

21 hours ago, Farafish260 said:

Do you know who got accepted? As far as their background etc? I really hope that you and I get in in Utah also! Did you apply to Rocky Mountain? And if not why not? 

The guy I know got accepted has a military and healthcare background, plus he was just a straight up stellar person.  I'm really happy for him.  He'll make a great PA.  I didn't apply to Rocky Mountain mainly because of the cost, the fact that it is a private school, and I didn't want to take the GRE.  (I've been out of school for a while.)

3 hours ago, MZHolden said:

Yes, I know I am. I’d hate to miss out on something important. Wish it was more of a notice though. I will have to miss an hour of work.

Yeah, I am still wondering how I can swing this. With this being a new program, we will definitely have to be able to promptly adapt to anything. Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2019 at 10:26 AM, sdebar said:

Anyone know if they have sent out invites for September yet??

I haven't heard back yet either. I applied on July 31. Seems like they are probably going to wait until the September 1 deadline so that they have all of their possible candidates available.

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:51 PM, ccady said:

When did those who have received interviews apply? I hope there is still room for the rest of us waiting for interviews! What a difficult job it would be to select between such high achieving and experienced students. 

I applied in early May, interviewed in the August group and was selected for the wait list.

Edited by pathgirl20
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:51 PM, ccady said:

When did those who have received interviews apply? I hope there is still room for the rest of us waiting for interviews! What a difficult job it would be to select between such high achieving and experienced students. 

On 8/30/2019 at 2:07 PM, Farafish260 said:

Plus it’s rolling admission. They interview 40 people at a time for 30 positions. All spots possibly could be filled maybe? Plus I know a lot of people have been waitlisted 

From what I've read on here, and heard from others, it sounds like they've accepted ~20 people so far. Seems like they are saving the last ~10 seats for this last set of interviews.

• Like 1