UTAH: Utah Valley University

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, VastusLateralis said:

What are all your thoughts about the program? Should we apply after the program gets accredited-provisional?

Thanks!

They have their final site visit for accreditation in September and they supposedly do rolling admissions, so I wouldn't wait if you want to apply this cycle. 

Just got this today,

We have received your application via CASPA and upon further review, you have completed all necessary supplemental items and your application is now ready for review.  We will notify you when a decision has been made.

Sincerely,

Admissions

Utah Valley University

Master of Physician Assistant Studies 

On 6/30/2019 at 12:12 PM, KThames said:

Did anyone submit everything and not get an email saying their app was under review? I submitted everything back in May, and the only email I received was a receipt for the supplemental app payment.

My experience was the same.  I called the graduate admissions office to verify that my application was complete because I never received a confirmation email like I did at the University of Utah.  They confirmed that it was complete, but they sounded very unsure over the phone.  They couldn't tell me why I didn't get a confirmation.

Was there a secondary application?  Or was it all part of the initial CASPA application?  I know there were two supplemental essay questions on the original application.  Was that supposed to be the secondary application?  This is my first application cycle, so I'm new to it all.  Thanks in advance for your response!

Okay friends, if you never received a confirmation email from UVU (like my situation) you need to contact them.  It could mean something is wrong with your application.  I'm glad I got mine straightened out!  I recommend emailing, not calling the program.  They are very pleasant to work with, and I think this is going to be a great program!

Also... interview invitations will likely be sent out next week.  Good luck!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pathgirl20 said:

Okay friends, if you never received a confirmation email from UVU (like my situation) you need to contact them.  It could mean something is wrong with your application.  I'm glad I got mine straightened out!  I recommend emailing, not calling the program.  They are very pleasant to work with, and I think this is going to be a great program!

Also... interview invitations will likely be sent out next week.  Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.  Good luck to everyone this first round of interviews!

I got an email saying that my application was incomplete. I looked at my application after logging in, and it looks complete. I called the university and they said that I missing three letters of recommendation, transcripts, and an essay. But we all know that comes from Caspa. The PA program doesn't take phone calls because they're so overloaded, but I think that they are the people that I need to talk to you. Has anyone had this problem?

2 hours ago, Ksv11 said:

I got an email saying that my application was incomplete. I looked at my application after logging in, and it looks complete. I called the university and they said that I missing three letters of recommendation, transcripts, and an essay. But we all know that comes from Caspa. The PA program doesn't take phone calls because they're so overloaded, but I think that they are the people that I need to talk to you. Has anyone had this problem?

Yes, I had this exact same problem.  The help desk gave me the same information about missing transcripts, letters of recommendation and essay, yet when I called the general graduate office they said everything was complete (I had to press a random button on the phone tree before I got an actual person).  I finally got in touch with the program to straighten it out.  Your best bet is to email them.  Don't worry, there is still plenty of time before the application deadline.  It's very stressful, I know!

Edited by pathgirl20
fixed wording

Received an email tonight with an invitation to interview on July 20th! I look forward to meeting all of those who will be there to interview on that day. Hang in there everyone. I know it’s stressful, and you check your email 20 times a day with the hope of seeing some good news. It will come.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, baj0411 said:

Received an email tonight with an invitation to interview on July 20th! I look forward to meeting all of those who will be there to interview on that day. Hang in there everyone. I know it’s stressful, and you check your email 20 times a day with the hope of seeing some good news. It will come.

Congratulations! Good luck! 🙂 

12 hours ago, WigginsD said:

Do you think all the invites for the 20th went out yesterday?  That's a super short time frame for those needing to fly.  (Good times!)

I don’t know. So far it looks like I’m the only one following this forum that’s received an invite. I’m sure others have as well, but silence isn’t helping for those of you still waiting on eager anticipation 

• Like 1