UTAH: Utah Valley University

4 hours ago, paPassion7 said:

I got an interview invite for August 10th as well! How long did it take after accepting your interview invite for them to email you with additional information? I'll be coming from Iowa 🙂

Nice! How did you hear about the program??? I heard back a couple minutes after accepting my invite, I responded the them pretty soon after though haha. 

5 minutes ago, mg392132 said:

Nice! How did you hear about the program??? I heard back a couple minutes after accepting my invite, I responded the them pretty soon after though haha. 

Just through my online searching haha I've been wanting to go somewhere west though! I didn't see the invite until this morning so I responded earlier today. I still haven't heard back from them though. The only reason it makes me nervous is because they said something about the interview being on a 'first come first serve basis' in the email. Has anyone who got an invite been told the interview was full by the time you responded? I booked my flight already and only have 24 hours to cancel, so I will probably call tonight if I don't hear back from them. 

Yeah, I thought that was stupid when I saw that. Honestly its a very new and small program so I wonder how many rounds of interviews they're gonna do. And I wonder if that many people applied lol. So far I haven't heard of anyone who has been told the interview was full but I would either get flight insurance for sure or cancel within 24 hours.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paPassion7 said:

@mg392132 Did you 'reply' to the interview invite email with your intention to attend, or did you send a separate email to the email address they provided? I just noticed they are two different email accounts and am wondering if I should just reply to the interview invite email. Thank you!!

I emailed the paadmissions@uvu.edu email!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paPassion7 said:

Just through my online searching haha I've been wanting to go somewhere west though! I didn't see the invite until this morning so I responded earlier today. I still haven't heard back from them though. The only reason it makes me nervous is because they said something about the interview being on a 'first come first serve basis' in the email. Has anyone who got an invite been told the interview was full by the time you responded? I booked my flight already and only have 24 hours to cancel, so I will probably call tonight if I don't hear back from them. 

It is a state holiday today so I imagine they aren’t in the office.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Miguel said:

For you guys getting interviews for August 10, when did you hit submit and/or get verified???

Thanks guys. This is all super awesome and helpful!

I was verified by CASPA on May 21 and then my app to UVU was verified and confirmed on June 30. I forgot about the supplemental and they had to remind me about it, so I didn’t get it in as early as I wanted but I think they’ve only had one round of interviews 

Edited by mg392132

5 hours ago, Farafish260 said:

Can you guys share how and when you received your invitation and maybe when you were verified? I was verified on the 3rd of July and I haven’t heard anything, I’m still hopeful though. I took my CASPer exam in May 

I was also verified on July 3rd and got my interview invitation 3 days ago. Took casper june 25