UTAH: Utah Valley University

On 10/14/2019 at 6:14 PM, Jorge93 said:

Does anyone know if the school got accredited after all?

I just called ARC-PA this morning and according to the lady I spoke with, it will take between 4-5 weeks to get the final approval.  I saw that someone posted that UVU had their accreditation meetings on 9/26-28 which puts the final approval between Oct 28th-Nov 2nd.  Hopefully this information is accurate.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PAPope said:

I just called ARC-PA this morning and according to the lady I spoke with, it will take between 4-5 weeks to get the final approval.  I saw that someone posted that UVU had their accreditation meetings on 9/26-28 which puts the final approval between Oct 28th-Nov 2nd.  Hopefully this information is accurate.  

4-5 weeks? So I emailed the ARC-PA at the end of September and they told me the information would be dispersed 3 weeks after the meetings. Either way, the waiting game sucks.

• Upvote 2

When I emailed the ARC-PA last week they said, “questions regarding the accreditation status of a program should be directed to the program itself.” 🤷‍♀️Hopefully we have the status by the end of the month! I'm crossing my fingers, because I think this will be a great program!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 6:53 AM, PAPope said:

I read on another forum that on Monday (10/21) someone called the ARC-PA and that person was informed that the list of accredited schools will be updated in 2 weeks. Sounds like that will put the posting around the beginning of November like you were thinking, PAPope. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Opened this email just now:

Many of you have been calling and wondering about the status of our accreditation.  We have not yet received official notification from the ARC-PA.  In light of the uncertainty, please do not make any plans or decisions until we receive confirmation of accreditation status.  We will let you know the ARC decision as soon as we know.

I was on the waitlist. This is the email I received.

As you know, Utah Valley University’s (UVU) applicant Physician Assistant Program (the Program) applied for provisional accreditation from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). We regret to inform you that the ARC-PA formally notified us yesterday that it has withheld provisional accreditation from the Program. As such, UVU will not launch its first cohort in January 2020, and will dissolve the waitlist for that cohort.

Today’s news undoubtedly raises questions and concerns. We will provide additional information to you by Friday, November 8, 2019.

We have been overwhelmed by the community and university support we have received in developing the Program. We have also been especially impressed by the quality and enthusiasm of our applicants. In a highly competitive application process, you stood out in accomplishment, character, and potential.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/11/6/20951831/uvus-physician-assistant-program-denied-provisional-accreditation

I wish there was some way for me to tell everyone to not apply to UVU. I finished my undergrad there, my wife worked there, and I knew about the development of the program. It's a good thing it didn't get accredited. They were rushing the process. Anyone starting in January 2020 would have been royally screwed. I hope you guys have backups. And good luck on the rest of this cycle.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 6:53 AM, Fegrin said:

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/11/6/20951831/uvus-physician-assistant-program-denied-provisional-accreditation

I wish there was some way for me to tell everyone to not apply to UVU. I finished my undergrad there, my wife worked there, and I knew about the development of the program. It's a good thing it didn't get accredited. They were rushing the process. Anyone starting in January 2020 would have been royally screwed. I hope you guys have backups. And good luck on the rest of this cycle.

I agree, when I interviewed I had my one on one interview with Jennifer and she did not seem to know anything about my application.  She even said that she read so many applications that she didn't remember anything about mine. Also, on my interviews with the other staff they seemed confused on who was who. I felt like they were not organized at all. I understand they get alot of applications but they should at least look into who they are interviewing each day.  Also, they asked us to take our resume and they did not look at it.

6 hours ago, Jorge93 said:

I agree, when I interviewed I had my one on one interview with Jennifer and she did not seem to know anything about my application.  She even said that she read so many applications that she didn't remember anything about mine. Also, on my interviews with the other staff they seemed confused on who was who. I felt like they were not organized at all. I understand they get alot of applications but they should at least look into who they are interviewing each day.  Also, they asked us to take our resume and they did not look at it.

I agree, plus the NDA that we were told to bring and the bio, nothing was asked to be turned in.  When we were asked to complete the survey in the end, I was very honest about what I thought of the interview process. 

• Like 2