UTAH: Utah Valley University

21 hours ago, bretthigbee55 said:

I just got a phone call from Jen offering me a spot!!! So exciting!! 

OMG! I missed a call from them today! AND I'M FREAKING OUT! How wonderful for you! Congratulations! 

UPDATE: offered a seat!!!! I was accepted. I'm so excited.

Edited by MZHolden
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Farafish260 said:

I’m from Utah! I’ll be interviewing on the 10th also! What’s your background? And are you going to the tour the day before! 

I have a background in pathology and have been working in healthcare for a while (Utah Valley Hospital).  I never thought PA school would be an option for me, but now with UVU so close to home I couldn't wait to jump on board!   Hopefully my experience and enthusiasm serves me well in the interview!  I will be there for the tour on Friday.  It would be great to chat.

33 minutes ago, sdebar said:

How long after everything was completed did you hear back? I am getting anxious even though I just submitted everything very recently. I'm from New York and would love to go to UVU 🙂

My CASPA application was verified on May 14, and I took the CASPer test on that date as well.  I didn't receive a confirmation email from UVU until the end of July because my application was mistakenly disqualified (I didn't receive credit for a prerequisite on my transcripts).  If you haven't heard from them in a couple of weeks, definitely call or email.  They are very pleasant to work with, and actually initiated the call to me to correct the mistake.  Good luck!

43 minutes ago, pathgirl20 said:

I have a background in pathology and have been working in healthcare for a while (Utah Valley Hospital).  I never thought PA school would be an option for me, but now with UVU so close to home I couldn't wait to jump on board!   Hopefully my experience and enthusiasm serves me well in the interview!  I will be there for the tour on Friday.  It would be great to chat.

That’s amazing! I almost applied for path A! My background is pathology also, but clinical laboratory sciences, molecular biology and genetics. I’ve also been in health care and research for several years 

54 minutes ago, pathgirl20 said:

My CASPA application was verified on May 14, and I took the CASPer test on that date as well.  I didn't receive a confirmation email from UVU until the end of July because my application was mistakenly disqualified (I didn't receive credit for a prerequisite on my transcripts).  If you haven't heard from them in a couple of weeks, definitely call or email.  They are very pleasant to work with, and actually initiated the call to me to correct the mistake.  Good luck!

I already spoke with the program because it said I was missing something after submitting it yesterday (but it turns out I wasn't). They responded so quickly and were very pleasant to work with. Now I just have to wait for them to review my application. How long after receiving confirmation did you hear about your status?

49 minutes ago, Farafish260 said:

That’s amazing! I almost applied for path A! My background is pathology also, but clinical laboratory sciences, molecular biology and genetics. I’ve also been in health care and research for several years 

Wow!  We have very similar backgrounds.  My undergrad is in clinical laboratory sciences, and I actually am a PathA!

1 hour ago, sdebar said:

I already spoke with the program because it said I was missing something after submitting it yesterday (but it turns out I wasn't). They responded so quickly and were very pleasant to work with. Now I just have to wait for them to review my application. How long after receiving confirmation did you hear about your status?

After our conversation on the phone, she emailed me the confirmation letter immediately.  That was right before the first round of interviews.  However, I didn't hear anything from the program until the second round of interviews when I was invited to participate.  I know it is so stressful!  Hang in there!

• Upvote 1

Hey Farafish260 and JHHay30 (and anyone else coming on the 9th/10th)!  I'm totally up for grabbing a bite after the tour.  It would be really reassuring to go in Saturday morning knowing a few people.  Let's do the tour, and then go grab a J-Dawg and a Coke.  My name is Heidi.

Edited by pathgirl20

45 minutes ago, JHHay30 said:

Heidi, that sounds good to me! If anyone else wants to join, I'll see you at the tour or at J-Dawgs. Good luck, people!

1 hour ago, pathgirl20 said:

Hey Farafish260 and JHHay30 (and anyone else coming on the 9th/10th)!  I'm totally up for grabbing a bite after the tour.  It would be really reassuring to go in Saturday morning knowing a few people.  Let's do the tour, and then go grab a J-Dawg and a Coke.  My name is Heidi.

I can probably meet up at J-Dawgs for a quick bite, but the hubby has to get to work by 7 and we live in SLC so I can’t stay too long. I’ll have my 2 year old with me also. I’m excited to meet both of you 🙌🏽

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 4:10 PM, JHHay30 said:

Heidi, that sounds good to me! If anyone else wants to join, I'll see you at the tour or at J-Dawgs. Good luck, people!

On 8/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, pathgirl20 said:

I'm also going to be there on the 10th! I won't be able to make the tour, but I'm down to meet up afterwards! Ill be getting to Utah around 6pm on Friday. not from the area, so please message me an address and/or location for meet up! Thanks!! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Edited by pa5991

39 minutes ago, pa5991 said:

I'm also going to be there on the 10th! I won't be able to make the tour, but I'm down to meet up afterwards! Ill be getting to Utah around 6pm on Friday. not from the area, so please message me an address and/or location for meet up! Thanks!! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Oh nice! Where are you coming from? I’m not sure of the address but hopefully pathAgirl will post the address. I’m from downtown SLC 

Edited by Farafish260