8 hours ago, saratea said:

Question: do they have enough spots for interviews for all the people they invited to interview? For those who didn’t get a slot in the fall, will the same happen in the spring? Or did they send out a lot more invites to interview than they are planning on interviewing...

I think that’s what we (or maybe just me) are all trying to figure out. I’m really not sure. I’ve tried calling to get some clarity, but I didn’t get an answer. Hopefully someone else was able to get in touch. 

25 minutes ago, Chris14 said:

@Kgphysicianassistant Said "She also said that if I want to get an interview in February I will have to log on right away and select a time before they are gone again." Thats weird... does make it sound as though even though you were granted an interview, you may not be assigned one?

With all due respect this is ridiculous. I’ve been in three interview so far and no one has done anything similar. If you decide to offer students an interview, you should have enough slots for those you invited. The lack of communication is concerning to me, I’ll be considering withdrawing my application. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2019 at 8:51 AM, Kgphysicianassistant said:

So they are choosing their class based on who can respond fast enough for the interview?

seems like it, I am disappointed there was nothing else they could do and that it didn't sound like an interview was guaranteed even though I was offered one..

46 minutes ago, Chris14 said:

@Kgphysicianassistant Said "She also said that if I want to get an interview in February I will have to log on right away and select a time before they are gone again." Thats weird... does make it sound as though even though you were granted an interview, you may not be assigned one?

That is exactly what I was told on the phone, it seemed like the problem was I just didn't log on quick enough to select and interview and that there is a possibility the same thing will happen again in February. I didn't get any clear answers from whoever I talked to on the phone. 

This is what the response was when I asked if there would be enough spots for each interview invitation. It’s still unclear to me , I’ll try to call tomorrow.

“Hi Vanessa,

Thank you very much for contacting us. Unfortunately, the fall interview dates are full at this time. However, we would encourage that you continue to check your student portal as there may be cancelations for the two fall interview dates.

As you noted, our spring interview dates will open in your student portal at 10:00 AM EST on Tuesday, November 5th. These interviews are also first-come, first-served and space is still limited. Our best advice is to be in the portal slightly before 10am on Nov 5th, if possible, because seats filled quicker than expected last time.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay I was able to receive an answer to the main question everyone had.

“We invite more students to interview that we have slots for each year. All students invited meet specific admission requirements to be eligible for interview consideration. We do this every year knowing that students will decline/cancel their interview dates as they receive other MPAS admission decisions.

If you are not able to secure an interview date for the spring, then you would be working with the admission staff to secure one of the cancelation spots. The interviews in the spring will be held in January and February, with our last date at the end of February.”

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, VanessaMarion said:

Okay I was able to receive an answer to the main question everyone had.

“We invite more students to interview that we have slots for each year. All students invited meet specific admission requirements to be eligible for interview consideration. We do this every year knowing that students will decline/cancel their interview dates as they receive other MPAS admission decisions.

If you are not able to secure an interview date for the spring, then you would be working with the admission staff to secure one of the cancelation spots. The interviews in the spring will be held in January and February, with our last date at the end of February.”

That's garbage though. I'm not going to interview in practically March when another program I got accepted to starts in May. Cutting it too close for comfort. I think Boston would be a super dope place to study, but I am quite turned off to their process - just really makes me wonder what other sketchy stuff they pull.

6 hours ago, SciMed13 said:

That's garbage though. I'm not going to interview in practically March when another program I got accepted to starts in May. Cutting it too close for comfort. I think Boston would be a super dope place to study, but I am quite turned off to their process - just really makes me wonder what other sketchy stuff they pull.

Historically speaking - after the initial first runs of acceptances (this year it will be on December 2nd), those who interview after that date should be accepted, waitlisted, or denied within the next two weeks after that interview date. So if you're waiting to find out whether you should go to the other accepted school (congrats btw!) then you should still get your chance to choose. That is, assuming that other school gives you a large amount of time to decide. MCPHS only gives you (I think) two weeks to decide if you get extended an acceptance offer.

And to also echo what bingpa said above - if you're really that turned off by the process, you're more than welcome to withdraw your application.

Edited by NinjuhhKen
  • Like 1

Just received this email: "This email is a reminder that on Tuesday, November 5th at 10:00 AM EST registration for our spring interview dates will open in your student portal. Interviews are first-come, first-served and space is limited. If you log in and see no spaces, then the available dates are full. If you are unable to secure a date, please fill out this form to be placed on the interview waitlist"

It's very strange that they invite people to interview but then don't have enough interview spots to offer. I am very anxious for next Tuesday, now. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, raybans said:

Just received this email: "This email is a reminder that on Tuesday, November 5th at 10:00 AM EST registration for our spring interview dates will open in your student portal. Interviews are first-come, first-served and space is limited. If you log in and see no spaces, then the available dates are full. If you are unable to secure a date, please fill out this form to be placed on the interview waitlist"

It's very strange that they invite people to interview but then don't have enough interview spots to offer. I am very anxious for next Tuesday, now. 

It's funny how they changed the format of the invitation email. Before it said we were selected for an on-campus interview and now because they got some much back fire from interviewees, we received emails that explicitly specify that it's first come first serve basis and if you're unable to you'll be on the waitlist 😂 

savage - the who process is dog eat dog.