First and foremost, admissions can do what they want. We can't tell any committee what they can and what they can't do. We are not in the position to do so. However, I sincerely hope they frequent this forum and take what everyone is saying and implement change into future prospective cohorts.

This is legitimately the hunger games. "Congrats! You have been granted an interview!" Only to have the rug pulled out from underneath you. It's a dog-eat-dog process which makes zero sense. The school is choosing from a wide pool of applicants, honing in on those who fit specific criteria. But from here, leave it up to fate to decide which applicants to interview. You potentially lose fantastic applicants because they do not click a button fast enough. This absolutely blows my mind, and is coming from someone who LUCKILY got an interview. 

To those bashing the program, don't. Not our place. But the process is backwards and does make you do a double-take. At my work, a bunch of us applied to MCPHS and everyone was talking about this process and how it is a major turnoff, so much so that those with multiple interviews have simply deferred the interview. Not taking anything away from the program at all, but this could be something to improve on because playing Russian roulette with very eager, meritorious students is not the way to fill your program. 

To those who have secured an interview, good luck! And to those who haven't, remember that your entrance into PA school isn't going to come by the rolling of two dye and hoping for two sixes. Best of luck to everybody, hard work will pay off!

Edited by PAlpable
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VIM2792 said:

Clicked the sign up button the second it opened, and when I hit complete it was already taken . Literally didn’t have enough time to even type in my info . Really annoyed . 

S a m e. I have been on the portal CONSTANTLY refreshing since 9am. I clicked it the SECOND it became available and it was gone before I could hit confirm. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, VIM2792 said:

Clicked the sign up button the second it opened, and when I hit complete it was already taken . Literally didn’t have enough time to even type in my info . Really annoyed . 

Yep, I’ve been refreshing non stop . Grabbed a spot when it said 35 seats and within the three seconds it took me to hit confirm it said sorry this date is no longer available . Went to the next date and the same thing happened. I’m not even sure how anyone could have filled out the info that fast lol light speed 

• Upvote 3

I finally was able to register for the Jan 29th, 2020 interview. I was not able to register for the previous one in Nov as well as it was all gone the moment I click on the link as well.  I will definitely try to share my experience there with everyone though to give more insight of the schools because I am also very interested in how the program really is in opposed to this interview sign up protocol. Best luck to everyone though ! Don't give up hope, I was seriously super torn last month too when I couldn't register for the interview date and the email came hella late 😞 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ppatel said:

Legit was on the portal forever. Dates open up - I type my info (12 seconds) - submit - BAM! no dates LEFT..... 

This process is a MAJOR turnoff. I don't know of any schools from my experience that do this. If you're going to extend an invite then give people a chance. 

This happened to me too, and many others I see. So what’s in store for us next? Do we just wait until next cycle? I think the way they set this up is very unjust. Is there any other schools that set up interviews this way? I’m just pretty upset and now just need to figure out how to move forward

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, VIM2792 said:

Yep, I’ve been refreshing non stop . Grabbed a spot when it said 35 seats and within the three seconds it took me to hit confirm it said sorry this date is no longer available . Went to the next date and the same thing happened. I’m not even sure how anyone could have filled out the info that fast lol light speed 

The EXACT same thing happened to me twice! 10am on the dot (I was refreshing the page for 20min leading up to 10am). This process is lazy, and backwards, and honestly just downright cruel. Either give us an interview, or waitlist us, or decline us. None of this false hope bull****.

Edited by jtor12
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, jtor12 said:

The EXACT same thing happened to me twice! 10am on the dot (I was refreshing the page for 20min leading up to 10am). This process is lazy, and backwards, and honestly just downright cruel. Either give us an interview, or waitlist us, or decline us. None of this false hope bull****.

Yeah I honestly don’t even know how it was possible for other people to complete it faster. I literally did it within the first 5 seconds after the clock struck 10am and still couldn’t secure a spot. This reminds me of Black Friday ...... see who can order the tv the fastest .... 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VIM2792 said:

Yeah I honestly don’t even know how it was possible for other people to complete it faster. I literally did it within the first 5 seconds after the clock struck 10am and still couldn’t secure a spot. This reminds me of Black Friday ...... see who can order the tv the fastest .... 

Hahaha yeah, except its not fabulous graphics that are on the line... Its our FUTURE. smh.