Hi guys! I talked to my friend who is currently in the program and she said we can make a separate PA facebook group for ourselves to connect. I just made it if you all want to join! Just search "MCPHS-Boston Physician Assistant Program Class of 2023" on Facebook and it should pop up. She is also going to add students in the classes above us for us to connect with and ask questions!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 11:34 PM, paforlife26 said:

Did anyone from the waitlist get any calls for acceptance yet?

I haven’t heard anything and I’m honestly not expecting anything either. I know that they over accepted in the last cycle (2018-19) and had to ask students to defer their enrollment for this year. They made it even more enticing by offering lower tuition to those that accepted the offer to start in 2020 instead of 2019. Therefore, I think they have less seats available than the usual for this year.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:52 AM, rfo1234 said:

I haven’t heard anything and I’m honestly not expecting anything either. I know that they over accepted in the last cycle (2018-19) and had to ask students to defer their enrollment for this year. They made it even more enticing by offering lower tuition to those that accepted the offer to start in 2020 instead of 2019. Therefore, I think they have less seats available than the usual for this year.

Hey, thank you for this information! At this point, I honestly don’t think there’s any chances of getting off the waitlist and especially after what you said, I know not to rely on that! 

On 1/18/2020 at 12:27 PM, hab5213 said:

Has anyone gotten off the interview waitlist for a 1/29 spot? 

I got an email on 1/15 offering me a spot for an interview on 1/29! I had emailed twice since November to check up on my status on the waitlist. The last email I updated them on the completion of my degree and a prerequisite as well as an addition of PCE hours, not sure if that helped or not but I’ll be attending an interview on 1/29. 

On 1/19/2020 at 4:05 PM, aegmon said:

I got an email on 1/15 offering me a spot for an interview on 1/29! I had emailed twice since November to check up on my status on the waitlist. The last email I updated them on the completion of my degree and a prerequisite as well as an addition of PCE hours, not sure if that helped or not but I’ll be attending an interview on 1/29. 

Thank you for this info it was extremely helpful..Good luck to you!!

9 minutes ago, mwang95 said:

did anyone bring a coat to the interview? It's pretty cold, Im thinking to bring my down coat but don't know if it would be appropriate or if there would be a place for them to keep our coats. 

I called them because I was planning on leaving my luggage there if possible since I have to check out of my hotel and they said they have places for people to keep luggage and coats! I plan on bringing my coat especially since we have a tour of campus. 

Hi y'all - I know a lot of you have mentioned that this is one of the more expensive programs. I've tried looking into it on their website and called today but couldn't really get a straight answer - does anyone have an approximate total cost for the program? Not sure if they'll tell me at the interview tomorrow, just wondering!

33 minutes ago, jnl007 said:

Hi y'all - I know a lot of you have mentioned that this is one of the more expensive programs. I've tried looking into it on their website and called today but couldn't really get a straight answer - does anyone have an approximate total cost for the program? Not sure if they'll tell me at the interview tomorrow, just wondering!

The annual tuition for the Master of  Physician Assistant Studies program is:

• Pre-professional phase: $33,600 (per combined fall and spring semesters )
  • Professional Year Rate (4th year): $39,500 (per combined fall and spring semesters)

This is what is is currently although it could change for next year. I would not expect it to change that drastically though.

https://www.mcphs.edu/admission-and-aid/tuition-and-fees

Edited by JNG1998
insert link