2020-2021 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, tshay777 said:

Hey everyone!

So I applied August 3rd (I know, pretty late), was verified in like a day, but I haven't even received anything from them, not even a confirmation email that they've received my app. That means I haven't gotten anything in regards to the supplemental as well, but seems like those have been going out to a lot of people already. Do I even have a chance still? Should I try to contact the school? I'm so lost on this😅

Hey! I would not worry yet. I applied a week before you (7/25) and I haven’t even gotten mine yet either. I applied last year; what they do is send you an email of confirmation once they’ve actually reached the point of reviewing your app, and then you hear back from them shortly after that. They’re different from some schools in that they don’t send a confirmation to everyone right after their app is received. Can expect several months to pass first. I’m sure there are many many folks still waiting, this forum can just give you the impression that everyone has received supplementals and you’ve been left behind. Hope this helps, feel free to message me. 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tshay777 said:

Hey everyone!

So I applied August 3rd (I know, pretty late), was verified in like a day, but I haven't even received anything from them, not even a confirmation email that they've received my app. That means I haven't gotten anything in regards to the supplemental as well, but seems like those have been going out to a lot of people already. Do I even have a chance still? Should I try to contact the school? I'm so lost on this😅

36 minutes ago, alysd said:

Hey! I would not worry yet. I applied a week before you (7/25) and I haven’t even gotten mine yet either. I applied last year; what they do is send you an email of confirmation once they’ve actually reached the point of reviewing your app, and then you hear back from them shortly after that. They’re different from some schools in that they don’t send a confirmation to everyone right after their app is received. Can expect several months to pass first. I’m sure there are many many folks still waiting, this forum can just give you the impression that everyone has received supplementals and you’ve been left behind. Hope this helps, feel free to message me. 🙂 

Just what alysd said! It can take 4-5 months from when you sent in your initial application. If you don't receive anything by the end of the month, sending a courtesy email wouldn't be a bad idea!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tshay777 said:

Hey everyone!

Based on this forum it looks like most ppl that are getting their supplement applied before you. I applied later that you and keep telling myself they just haven’t looked at the month I applied it. It look like maybe they are in July applications based on other posts.

has anyone that applied after July been sent a supplemental? 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, Ucscaly said:

Based on this forum it looks like most ppl that are getting their supplement applied before you. I applied later that you and keep telling myself they just haven’t looked at the month I applied it. It look like maybe they are in July applications based on other posts.

has anyone that applied after July been sent a supplemental? 

I applied around mid July and got a supplemental in mid November, but have not heard anything since!!! I wonder if anyone is in my shoes 🥺

5 hours ago, osakanohime said:

Has anyone experienced someone/ yourself that applied the month of the deadline get an interview. I know pretty much a good chunk of us is waiting but I guess I shot myself in the foot by applying so late. 😕 but still trying to stay positive and wish everyone the best!

I applied in June and didn’t hear back until November. And that was just to submit the supplemental application. You may be waiting a bit....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, prePAPAPA said:

So if there’s no request for a supp app at this point, is it safe to assume they’re going to send out the rejections at the end of their interview cycle? I just wish they’d let us know if we’re not selected for an interview ASAP! 

I wouldn’t assume that quite yet. I think they’re still working through apps. Last cycle they were still holding interviews as late as March and April. 
My experience last year was that if they decide not to move forward with you, they let you know before too long. Hang in there ♥️

• Like 2

Hey folks, happy new year! 

Has anyone who applied August or later received an "application under review" email or supplemental app yet? 

I applied July 25th and still haven't heard anything. I think the last person on this forum who stated they had gotten a supplemental applied 7/23, so I was wondering if they've made it any farther than that yet. Been remaining patient thus far but am definitely starting to get antsy now! Hoping for something soon.