2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 11/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, AlphaCharlie99 said:

I got into top 10/20 programs already and was just rejected from my bottom 2 programs this week without interview lol

Speaking of also just got an invite to complete the supplemental app for Touro! Submitted my initial app for Touro Late July/Early August.

Yea, it's strange. I got invited to interview at a top 10 school, a top 30 school and a top 50 school. but got rejected right away from non-ranked schools... tells you a bit about the "ranking system," and how (un)reliable it is.

It's definitely all over the place.

Hey guys, I wanted to know your opinion. I submitted my application pretty late (about a week before the deadline). I thought that this program was semi-rolling but I realized right after I submitted the application that it was rolling. So I am thinking my chances are basically 0%. What do you guys think? Ya'll can be honest, it's okay haha. 

7 minutes ago, osakanohime said:

Hey guys, I wanted to know your opinion. I submitted my application pretty late (about a week before the deadline). I thought that this program was semi-rolling but I realized right after I submitted the application that it was rolling. So I am thinking my chances are basically 0%. What do you guys think? Ya'll can be honest, it's okay haha. 

Probably not zero. Depending on the strength of applicant pool. Also whether people would prefer this longer program over other shorter programs which they are accepted to. Not everyone see the need for a MPH. Hard to tell! Keep your chin up tho!!

11 minutes ago, osakanohime said:

I think that there's always a chance. You simply can't predict what an admissions committee is looking for and what their timeline is. Many other rolling programs basically have interviewed and selected the majority of their incoming class by the time the final deadline is reached, but Touro CA has not, so at least there's that.  

34 minutes ago, aspiringPA9099 said:

Hi all! 
To those who did the supplement application, did you fill out the "cumulative GPA" based only on that specific school being listed? Or, is it your GPA including all the schools combined?

It's been a while, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think I just used the cumulative GPA that Caspa generated for everything

On 11/9/2020 at 8:51 PM, biopsyd said:

Hi everyone,

so I barely got the confirmation email from Touro that they received my application and it's under review today, 11/09.

I applied back in June.

So it took 5 months to hear back for those still waiting. It may take that long. 🙂 

Did you submit your secondary in June or did you mean CASPA? How long did it take to hear back from your secondary app submission date to your application received/under review email? Thank you : )

On 11/16/2020 at 3:26 PM, MikeDelta said:

Received an acceptance call about twenty minutes ago. This is the best feeling ever, I hope to study with you guys soon!

Congratulations!! Could I ask about your app timeline (CASPA, secondary, app under review, interview invite) + stats if you are comfortable sharing?