2020-2021 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, singerdancer said:

is this the confirmation email you all got? I received this after submitting my supplemental, but nothing from Ms. Bible or anyone else. I submitted last Wednesday 

6067DA88-BFE9-4A76-99ED-AE6BD3AB6844.png

Yes this is the exact email I received! And I received that immediately after submitting, but didn’t received the email from Ms. bible until a week later, saying that they didn’t receive my supplemental. 

6 hours ago, singerdancer said:

is this the confirmation email you all got? I received this after submitting my supplemental, but nothing from Ms. Bible or anyone else. I submitted last Wednesday 

6067DA88-BFE9-4A76-99ED-AE6BD3AB6844.png

hey there, i’ve seen folks in the thread wait almost a month to get an actual conformation of receipt from Ms. Bible for the supplemental. I personally waited a week and know others that waited 1-3 weeks as well. hope that helps!

On 3/6/2021 at 2:34 PM, ccpa97 said:

Yes this is the exact email I received! And I received that immediately after submitting, but didn’t received the email from Ms. bible until a week later, saying that they didn’t receive my supplemental. 

Thank you!! Did you email her to ask for confirmation? I emailed her and haven’t had a reply yet 

Hey everyone!

I received a email from Touro confirming their receipt of my application about 1 month ago. The email said that I would receive a corresponding email for the secondary application after it’s been reviewed, but I yet to receive any updates from them. I’ve emailed Naisha a couple of weeks ago and have not received a response either. Anyone know who else I can contact regarding the status of my app? Or should I continue waiting? 

9 minutes ago, dianan604 said:

Hey everyone!

I received a email from Touro confirming their receipt of my application about 1 month ago. The email said that I would receive a corresponding email for the secondary application after it’s been reviewed, but I yet to receive any updates from them. I’ve emailed Naisha a couple of weeks ago and have not received a response either. Anyone know who else I can contact regarding the status of my app? Or should I continue waiting? 

Hey! This doesn’t directly answer your question, but may be helpful to you and a couple other posters - I attended an online expo 2 days ago where Touro was part of the presentations; I asked about the status of supplemental apps, and the representative from Touro explained that they are still working their way through applications. Asked us to have patience and hang in there, but also to feel free to reach out via email to Naisha or pop on to their Thursday 12pm Touro Talks chat available each week to inquire. 

She said they’ve only filled about half the incoming class thus far, and expect to do an interview this month and in April and maybe 1 in early May. Noted that things have been slow going in part due to having less people interviewing online than they typically would have in each interview in person. 

Hope this is helpful! I might log onto the Thursday chat session sometime soon. 

Edited by alysd
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, alysd said:

Hey! This doesn’t directly answer your question, but may be helpful to you and a couple other posters - I attended an online expo 2 days ago where Touro was part of the presentations; I asked about the status of supplemental apps, and the representative from Touro explained that they are still working their way through applications. Asked us to have patience and hang in there, but also to feel free to reach out via email to Naisha or pop on to their Thursday 12pm Touro Talks chat available each week to inquire. 

She said they’ve only filled about half the incoming class thus far, and expect to do an interview this month and in April and maybe 1 in early May. Noted that things have been slow going in part due to having less people interviewing online than they typically would have in each interview in person. 

Hope this is helpful! I might log onto the Thursday chat session sometime soon. 

This is such great info! Thank you! 

On 3/5/2021 at 10:35 AM, ccpa97 said:

Hello everybody, 

Did anyone received an email from Ms. Bible saying they did not receive your supplemental application when you got a receipt for the payment and a confirmation email from submitting it from Touro? I also have a status of "submitted" on the application portal and can't figure out how this happened. Really bummed that this is happening and was wondering if there is a glitch in the system that has affected anyone else that they remedied or if I have just totally lost an opportunity. 

Hello! I received the same email about my application being withdrawn even though I had both the payment confirmation and confirmation email from Touro after submitting my supplemental application. After emailing Ms. Bible multiple times with no response (I take it the entire admissions office is very busy at this time), she just recently got back to me stating the message was an error and she had located my application. I would send her an email to make sure she has your application as well, but it should just be a glitch. Best of luck!

Hello everyone! I am a current officer of the MSPAS/MPH Class of 2023. I look forward to meeting some of you this upcoming fall!

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! We are so excited to have you as a part of our TUC family (we like to call ourselves a PA-mily). 

I've scrolled through this forum and see a common concern regarding lack of email response/submission error. Rest assured, TUC staff members are working diligently to address your emails and will respond as soon as possible.

If you have received a confirmation email directly from TUC confirming your supplemental application, it is highly likely that TUC has the application! I advise that you keep the confirmation email for your records and follow up via email, respectfully, every few weeks. Unfortunately, this process is frustrating at times and is understandably stressful. The best thing to do is stay positive and await a response (waiting is a key component of this process, try to enjoy the ride). 

Interviews: 

What I've seen in the forum is accurate - TUC interviews will continue until the seats for the c/o 2024 are filled. For example, I interviewed in October 2019 and received my acceptance call in November 2019 (longest month of my life. Lol) Some of my lovely cohort members (Go 49ersss!) interviewed in March 2020 and were accepted as late as July 2020 (1-2 individuals who were wait-listed were eventually accepted!) Keep your head up, stay positive and believe in your ability to achieve greatness, you've got this! 

Please let me know if you have any specific questions, I will try to respond ASAP

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, EPthePA said:

Hi, I’m super curious about housing, maybe it’s too early but I haven’t been able to find too maybe vacancies. How close to campus do students typically live? 

Hey! What kind of housing are you looking for (room w roommates, own apartment, student housing, etc)? And where are you moving from? 
I’m not associated with the school but I do live in the Bay Area and can possibly help

1 hour ago, HeatherK2828 said:

I just got an invite for a supplemental application. How long after you submitted did you guys get one. I just don't want to do it this late if it's an auto thing.

I got supplemental invite about 6 months after submitting. It’s not automated, they pick who to invite 👍🏼

Completed supplemental back on 1/27 and haven’t gotten an interview though (yet) : (

Hope to have the opportunity to interview with them. It’s my top choice program! 

Edited by alysd

Hi everyone! I’m so excited to be attending this program in the fall and I thought I’d give info on my timeline if it’s helpful to anyone. Good luck to all!!

6/1/20 - CASPA submitted

10/5/20 -  Email from Touro that CASPA app was received

10/27/20 - Invitation for Supplemental

11/21/20 - Supplemental Submitted

12/30/20 - File Complete Email Received

1/21/21 - Invitation to Interview

1/26/21 - Interview

2/3/21 - Acceptance call

• Like 5

I saw someone posted on FB that she got accepted from the 3/9 interview yesterday. I wonder if anyone else heard anything else, even waitlist? Just feel so sad thinking that I might have been rejected. TUC is one of my top choice, and I like this program even more after my interview. My pre-req is expired already so this cycle is my last chance to apply here 😞 

11 hours ago, leilei said:

I saw someone posted on FB that she got accepted from the 3/9 interview yesterday. I wonder if anyone else heard anything else, even waitlist? Just feel so sad thinking that I might have been rejected. TUC is one of my top choice, and I like this program even more after my interview. My pre-req is expired already so this cycle is my last chance to apply here 😞 

Aww I haven't heard anything from them either 😭 so I'm in the same boat. Hopefully we hear back today or tomorrow, whatever happens happens lol. I'm sorry your pre-req is expiring!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prepa03 said:

Anyone else interviewing on March 30? Received an invite this past Thursday after receiving the "file complete" email on 01/12/21. The wait is long but worth it!

Thanks for posting this! My file was complete as of 1/27/21, was starting to lose hope. 

Good luck at the interview!

8 minutes ago, PAdreamsuccess108 said:

I got a supplemental received email 9/8/20 and have yet to hear anything from the program? Should I be expecting a rejection or should I send an email or just wait?

You can always pop on to the weekly Touro Talks chats on Thursdays. Naisha will look up your app status. 🙂

• Like 1